*** The Official Nova Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Does anyone know what to do after paying the acceptance fees? Is there a Facebook group for the 2024 class? do we get any emails after paying the deposit?

I got an email with the deposit receipt, but I think you should email [email protected] to ask about the facebook group.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what to do after paying the acceptance fees? Is there a Facebook group for the 2024 class? do we get any emails after paying the deposit?
I am pretty sure we (who paid the deposit) will be contacted after February 3rd with further details. School will start around August 3, so we have plenty of time to receive the needed information. I think, first they have to see how much of the class is filled up before they start a FB group and do any further paperwork.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if NOVA is still interviewing applicants or is the interview cycle closed?

Last edited:
I am pretty sure we (who paid the deposit) will be contacted after February 3rd with further details. School will start around August 3, so we have plenty of time to receive the needed information. I think, first they have to see how much of the class is filled up before they start a FB group and do any further paperwork.
There's already a Facebook group. I'm sure you'll get the invite soon.

Reactions: 1 user
nothing yet! Are we supposed to get a call today or is it anytime this week?

nothing yet! Are we supposed to get a call today or is it anytime this week?
The last day to pay the deposit was yesterday, so the admissions staff have to reevaluate the application pool before they make calls, which may happen today/tomorrow. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a call/email today?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called today. Acceptances should be going out today or tomorrow, if the directors haven't already made the calls yesterday.

Reactions: 4 users
When I called they told me that there was no movement today so they might send the acceptances next month of someone withdraws

Reactions: 2 users
I have a set of D1 texbooks- all curent, all new. Any incoming D1s interested, I am selling them with a discount. Let me know.

Just called the office.. They said there is no available spots now. Next date would be march 15th.

so i'm guessing chance of getting in is slim to none? since everyone paid the second deposit?
Ive been showing interest for the past 2 years with the school...

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Just called the office.. They said there is no available spots now. Next date would be march 15th.

so i'm guessing chance of getting in is slim to none? since everyone paid the second deposit?
aw man, but thanks for the update!

wow. You are not alone. I’ve been showing interest for the past 3

For any accepted students have you received any more info after making the deposit, and has anyone been invited to a Facebook group chat

Has anyone with a 17 in some sections on their DAT were able to get an interview? I have a 17 in RC and QR, and I was wondering if it’s even worth it for me to try and apply next year since I saw that they don’t even look at your application if you have anything below 18, but I’m not sure how true that is?

Has anyone with a 17 in some sections on their DAT were able to get an interview? I have a 17 in RC and QR, and I was wondering if it’s even worth it for me to try and apply next year since I saw that they don’t even look at your application if you have anything below 18, but I’m not sure how true that is?

I have a 17 on RC and got an interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So at this point it's pretty safe to assume you're not getting in if you're on the waitlist?

Not necessarily. If someone declines their acceptance, a spot opens up for someone on the waitlist
Yeah but somebody has already said they called and there are currently no open spots. There are several hundred people on the waitlist, so even if lets say 5 spots open up that would give us in the ballpark of maybe a 2% chance. Just my thoughts

Yeah but somebody has already said they called and there are currently no open spots. There are several hundred people on the waitlist, so even if lets say 5 spots open up that would give us in the ballpark of maybe a 2% chance. Just my thoughts

I would think those that send letters of intent and show active interest in the program have a greater than 2% chance...It's not like they randomly pluck 5 people from a pool of several hundred. There is meaning behind the candidates they choose for admissions.

Stay positive everyone! The cycle is not over yet!

I would think those that send letters of intent and show active interest in the program have a greater than 2% chance...It's not like they randomly pluck 5 people from a pool of several hundred. There is meaning behind the candidates they choose for admissions.

Stay positive everyone! The cycle is not over yet!
I agree not everyone on the waiting list is in the same boat, but just in terms of numbers it is likely that less than 2% of the people on the waitlist will get accepted

I have a set of D1 texbooks- all curent, all new. Any incoming D1s interested, I am selling them with a DISCOUNT. send me in-mail

I have a set of D1 texbooks- all curent, all new. Any incoming D1s interested, I am selling them with a DISCOUNT. send me in-mail
Thank You for your offer! However, I heard it at my interview/tour that they are planning to change the textbook system probably this year. I would not dare to buy textbooks right now. Thank You though!

Last edited:
How many people are planning to withdraw their spot? I don’t think there will be a lot of them

Thank You for your offer! However, I heard it at my interview/tour that they are planning to change the textbook system probably this year. I would not dare to buy textbooks right now. Thank You though!

Texbooks are the same , paper based and electronic. I know this for a fact. New students can decide closer to July how to buy their books.

Has anyone been able to find a spreadsheet of the cost of attendance for NSU College of Dental Medicine? Or some link where it lists out each and every expense for the four years? I can't seem to find the numbers anywhere.

Has anyone been able to find a spreadsheet of the cost of attendance for NSU College of Dental Medicine? Or some link where it lists out each and every expense for the four years? I can't seem to find the numbers anywhere.
This is from the ADEA Dental School Explorer for 2018/19. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 1.10.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 1.10.46 PM.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 193
Did anyone call for updates?
Yeah I did today. Mr. Mendes told me that in the next couple of days, the dean will be making his decision and calls on who he will be sending acceptances too.

Yeah I did today. Mr. Mendes told me that in the next couple of days, the dean will be making his decision and calls on who he will be sending acceptances too.
Who’s the dean? Dr. Lippmann assistant told me that Dr. Galka is over admissions now.

Who’s the dean? Dr. Lippmann assistant told me that Dr. Galka is over admissions now.
I think Dr. lippman is the dean since he’s the one who makes the decisions and calls the applicants. Dr. Galka does help in the decision making process.

Dr. Galka is the new dean. Dr.Lippman got promoted to a higher position and Dr.Galka got appointed in his place. He is just helping her. I called Beatriz today and she said there is no movement and they are dealing with the coronavirus, and it might take until the end of march to make decisions.

Did she mean that everyone paid their second deposit as well and no one withdrew?
Dr. Galka is the new dean. Dr.Lippman got promoted to a higher position and Dr.Galka got appointed in his place. He is just helping her. I called Beatriz today and she said there is no movement and they are dealing with the coronavirus, and it might take until the end of march to make decisions.

Congrats guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk