-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official NYU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by xainabaz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ACCEPTED!! Any other Canadians accepted into NYU?
Me!! I'm from Vancouver
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone!
I got the email inviting me for an interview today (I was very late batch.. AADSAS only sent out my application on 10/26).
I got the email inviting me for an interview today (I was very late batch.. AADSAS only sent out my application on 10/26).
I got the acceptance email today as well! Very exciting! Interview was 11/6/12.
Everyone that didn't get an email, hang in there!
It's hard to wait but there will be a lot of movement come January so there is still reason to be very hopeful! It's a big class and I know during my interview they said they over interview and send out a lot of acceptance because they expect there to be so much movement in January. If you want better information you could try emailing or calling Dr. Mejia later in the week or next week. Dr. Mejia seemed very forward about providing realistic information on the application process at NYU. More so than any other school I've talked to. I don't know how available or receptive she would be, but if she does answer, I expect she'll give you some very realistic information and dates about future acceptance plans. Just stay hopeful! I wish you all the best!
Everyone that didn't get an email, hang in there!
It's hard to wait but there will be a lot of movement come January so there is still reason to be very hopeful! It's a big class and I know during my interview they said they over interview and send out a lot of acceptance because they expect there to be so much movement in January. If you want better information you could try emailing or calling Dr. Mejia later in the week or next week. Dr. Mejia seemed very forward about providing realistic information on the application process at NYU. More so than any other school I've talked to. I don't know how available or receptive she would be, but if she does answer, I expect she'll give you some very realistic information and dates about future acceptance plans. Just stay hopeful! I wish you all the best!
Any word yet from those that interviewed on last Friday(11/30)?
Whats up my RUF friend!? I was in the 11/30 interview group and haven't heard anything yet. I think we will sometime this week.
+1!!!!!!!! I recently interviewed there too, and I have the exact same thoughts.I interviewed there and LOVED it. The staff and students were really nice, the facilities were beautiful, and I got the sense that students enjoyed being there. I also reached out to dentists who have graduated from there recently (2010), and they told me a lot of positive things about their experiences. Everyone mentions that they have a strong focus on clinical preparation, which is very important to me. The only downside for me is the cost of living in NYC. It's not the tuition of the school that is so scary for me... cost of living is 🙁 Besides that, I think I'd be happy being a student there.
6PM on Dec 3? This gives some of us hope. Do you think there will be more emails sent out tomorrow? Le sigh. I can feel this stress and anxiety lowering my life expectancy with every click on the Gmail refresh button.just got the email at 6pm.. was so confused all day! congrats everyone!
6PM on Dec 3? This gives some of us hope. Do you think there will be more emails sent out tomorrow? Le sigh. I can feel this stress and anxiety lowering my life expectancy with every click on the Gmail refresh button.
Me too! Ugh why me.
Me!! I'm from Vancouver
Im in Vancouver tooooo!
same here!!! 🙂
Does NYUCD c/o 2017 have a facebook page yet?
We have one! look for NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2017 from your fb search bar 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2017 Facebook Group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/308995132542191/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/308995132542191/
My Dad said he was sold after the NYU video. How did everyone else like it?
It reminded me of an intro to a disney ride. Its like a sneak peak of what is to come.
Good Luck to everyone and Congratulations! 😀
I actually saw the video before my interview, and its on their website...they just added the beginning "class of 2017" and the ending.
I got my email at around 7:45 this morning however I saw it was sent at 6:30 which is earlier than I thought. Now who wants to split the cost of a 100 sq ft apartment?!?!
You don't Have to live in Manhattan. Queens (where I live) is also great and the rent here is like $500 / room + $100 metrocard = $600 (rent is different depending on where you live, since queens is so big). Obviously the drawback = you need to travel like 45min to 1h...
You don't Have to live in Manhattan. Queens (where I live) is also great and the rent here is like $500 / room + $100 metrocard = $600 (rent is different depending on where you live, since queens is so big). Obviously the drawback = you need to travel like 45min to 1h...
Yeah I was looking at apartments that were in manhattan and they were like 1500, which isnt bad if you split it two ways plus it cuts out the travel time and cost and youre right in the middle of the city. When did you interview....I interviewed with a guy from Queens....
Yeah I was looking at apartments that were in manhattan and they were like 1500, which isnt bad if you split it two ways plus it cuts out the travel time and cost and youre right in the middle of the city. When did you interview....I interviewed with a guy from Queens....
nov7
My Dad said he was sold after the NYU video. How did everyone else like it?
It reminded me of an intro to a disney ride. Its like a sneak peak of what is to come.
Good Luck to everyone and Congratulations! 😀
i was really surprised by how much they talked up the research opportunities they offer. but it was a good video definitely got me excited about attending.
anyone actually receive the acceptance packet yet?
i was really surprised by how much they talked up the research opportunities they offer. but it was a good video definitely got me excited about attending.
anyone actually receive the acceptance packet yet?
Still waiting
I havent received my acceptance packet..but I was already online searching for a place to live!
NYC is an awesome city to live in. Good luck! I am sure you will love it.
I have not recieved any answer from them, is that bad news? 🙁
not even if on waitlist or rejected?
Same with me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have not recieved any answer from them, is that bad news? 🙁
not even if on waitlist or rejected?
You will find out in the snail mail later...
I havent received my acceptance packet..but I was already online searching for a place to live!
Haha I was doing that last night. I checked my email this morning, and I AM IN! BOOM!
Does anyone know when is the deadline for 1st deposit? Is it available online or we just have to wait for the mailed package? Thx.
Haha I was doing that last night. I checked my email this morning, and I AM IN! BOOM!
You got an acceptance email today???
what does getting a letter in the mail mean? rejection 🙁?? I called the admissions and they said I will be getting a letter in the mail 🙁
Anyone???
It doesn't mean anything yet... Just wait until you actually receive the letter.
But it's def not an acceptance because those happen through email 🙁 right?
I interviewed on the 30th of November and I just received my acceptance email today, so there is still hope for the people who interviewed late.
I interviewed on the 30th of November and I just received my acceptance email today, so there is still hope for the people who interviewed late.
I interviewed with you!
Got my snail mail....wait listed :/
Where do you live?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where do you live?
NY, Long Island.
Hey just curious did they list a number you are wait listed at, or does it just say waitlisted?
It just says wait listed. Does anyone know if they will tell you the ranking of the waitlist? Also, do you think they'll wait until after January 3rd to accept people on the waitlist?
NY, Long Island.
What is this? I am 15 blocks away from NYU. Why didn't I get it? grrr.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 75
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K
