***The Official NYU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by Weakfart
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing on Thursday, I'm pretty excited and ready to get on with it.

I'm traveling from CA tomorrow morning (flight leaves at 6am, so at least I am being forced into east coast time tomorrow waking up for that!) and staying with a great friend who happens to live about a mile away from the school.

Let's do this thaaaang
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any of y'all recommend emailing the office of admissions to inquire about the status of my application? I haven't heard anything yet, and I'd like to think my stats + ECs are pretty competitive...
 
Would any of y'all recommend emailing the office of admissions to inquire about the status of my application? I haven't heard anything yet, and I'd like to think my stats + ECs are pretty competitive...
I am also wondering about this.. :,(
 
Interview number 1!!!
School: NYU
Notification date: 09/24/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11/15
Application complete date: 09/14 I think?
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.45 with a strong upward trend all throughout college and grad school.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/24/25/no
 
Interview number 1!!!
School: NYU
Notification date: 09/24/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11/15
Application complete date: 09/14 I think?
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.45 with a strong upward trend all throughout college and grad school.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
21/21/24/25/no

quick turnaround, nice
 
so is there supplemental required for NYU before the interview? I paid the fee when I submitted my app and received app complete email after my app was mailed out but nothing after that.
 
I called in the office yesterday regarding to my application and they told me that my app is under review. Is that a bad thing? (Cause i know ppl received interview after my mail out date..)
 
Interview number 1!!!
School: NYU
Notification date: 09/24/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/11/15
Application complete date: 09/14 I think?
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.45 with a strong upward trend all throughout college and grad school.
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
21/21/24/25/no
when is ur interview date?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called in the office yesterday regarding to my application and they told me that my app is under review. Is that a bad thing? (Cause i know ppl received interview after my mail out date..)
I don't think it's a bad thing - they're just holding onto your application for further consideration to compare to others who will be applying?
 
One more thing, the interview style changed slightly from last year (friend is D1 at NYUCD). Now there are two interviews. One with faculty and one with admissions office. They both try to make it as much as a conversation as possible. (but still using question list) by responding to your answers with answers of their own, for example:

"What do you like about _____"
"*insert story*"
"Oh funny thing, *insert story from interviewer", and it feeds off like conversations you have everyday

Everyone is super nice and sweet, it was fun meeting all the other interviewers. They also interview every single day there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how late NYU notifies applicants for a pre-december interview? And also, how much "notice" is given between time of notification and the actual interview?
 
Does anyone know how late NYU notifies applicants for a pre-december interview? And also, how much "notice" is given between time of notification and the actual interview?

Last year I received an invite in november for an interview in november (2 weeks or so notice)
 
Would it be a bad idea to move a early-mid October interview till early-mid November? Is it generally a better idea to interview ASAP?
 
From what I have heard/read, NYU it doesn't matter if you are earlier...they interview more than any other school
 
I actually interviewed this past week; it was super relaxing and an absolute pleasure to be there! NYU is definitely one of my top schools, especially seeing the new clinics and facilities. Glass and steel, I'm all about that life :laugh:

I stayed at @ddsdmddds's place, which was actually super convenient for me. She's a D2 dental student at NYU, and the residence was only a minute's walk from NYUCD. Rate was pretty decent, and I got fresh towels, an iron, amenities, and everything else I needed. Her roommate and her are both super hospitable and welcoming, so if anyone is needing to stay near NYUCD I would highly recommend sending her a message!
 
who's interviewing on tuesday? I'm feeling both nervous and excited! and does an early interview invite (before december) a good sign for a possible acceptance? thanks
 
Interview #3

School: NYU
Notification date: 10/5/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 10/28/15
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
Application complete date: 8/4/15
GPA: 3.73 science/3.70 BCP/3.82 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/22 TS/19 PAT/23 RC/none
 
Last edited:
School: NYU :soexcited:
Notification date: 10/5/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 10/30/2015
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/13/15
Application complete date: 8/14/15
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First Interview!

School: NYU
Notification date: 10/6/15
Method of notification: Email
Interview Date: 10/27/15
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/31/15
GPA: 3.84 science/3.91 BCP/3.87 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA/23 TS/20PAT/21 RC/none
 
INTERVIEW #2!!!
School:
NYU:biglove:
Notification date: 10/7/15
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS Mailout Date: 8-15-15
Residency:
FL
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/19PAT/24 RC/none
 
INTERVIEW #2!!!
School:
NYU:biglove:
Notification date: 10/7/15
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS Mailout Date: 8-15-15
Residency:
FL
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/21 TS/19PAT/24 RC/none
Congrats! When did they send you the app complete email??