***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NYU hate is real on SDN lol. The lengths that these ppl go to is surprising not gonna lie. Makes me wonder the personal stories behind them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Do not go to nyu guys, Reapply,reapply, reapply!!!
My friend repeated a year after she couldn’t pass 3 courses at the first time. If you fail less than 3 courses you can remediate only 1 time. If you don’t pass repeat whole year! No chance for remediation if you don’t pass more than 3 courses. You have to pay full tution, lose of income and repeat all didactic, labs, and clinical!!
Each year 20-30 students repeating the year(D1,D2,D3 even D4) and nyu charge more money.
I heard everything is corrupted. Do not go.

Then the admissions did a poor job admitting those students. Going to a dental school requires good work ethics and management skills. If she failed, it's entirely her fault. You are putting the blame on the school for making her pay for her failed work? Did you or she grow up in a family where if you F up you blame your parents?

Reactions: 1 users
Then the admissions did a poor job admitting those students. Going to a dental school requires good work ethics and management skills. If she failed, it's entirely her fault. You are putting the blame on the school for making her pay for her failed work? Did you or she grow up in a family where if you F up you blame your parents?

Its bound to happen. 360+ students, low average sGPA. NYU is probably many people's backup as well so the more qualified students probably went elsewhere
Maybe some international students who have trouble with the language?
20-30 students out of that huge class size is not even that many

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU accept very few internationals. Those who fail are not necessarily international. As far as I heard the problem comes from how they designed courses and exsms, professors and nyu tendency to make money even from student failure which is very rare among other dental schools.

Accepted today after interviewing on Monday!

NYU accept very few internationals. Those who fail are not necessarily international. As far as I heard the problem comes from how they designed courses and exsms, professors and nyu tendency to make money even from student failure which is very rare among other dental schools.
You gotta be trolling. NYU accepts 50-70 internationals each year. These stats are available, I'm not making anything up. Last year they accepted 51, the year before that it was in 60s.

As far I heard it's about 10-15 internationals. Those stats are old maybe because they used to accept 100-150.

I think I remember them saying we have to show proof that we are insured, but I'm not sure when this will take place... I'm assuming we send in proof once they ask for it in the upcoming months or during orientation
Thank you!!! Do you know will NYU give out any scholarships?

As far I heard it's about 10-15 internationals. Those stats are old maybe because they used to accept 100-150.

Please stop with the hearsays. Obviously, now we know that your hearsays are quite inaccurate. Did you hear some from your failed friend? You shouldn't rely on them either then.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t expect people trust me. You can always go to school or clinic and randomely ask students what you need to know.
nyu offers scholarships but it is not based on grades or needs. You can email financial aid.
Good luck with that.

I don’t expect people trust me. You can always go to school or clinic and randomely ask students what you need to know.
nyu offers scholarships but it is not based on grades or needs. You can email financial aid.
Good luck with that.

...another wrong information.

@Punt me, how come you are so confident that my information is inaccurate and wrong!
Do you work for nyu?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Punt me, how come you are so confident that my information is inaccurate and wrong!
Do you work for nyu?

No, because I know the facts of the school. And you don't. I am correcting it so that others don't spread or believe the wrong information.

On the other hand, why do you keep posting hearsays and inaccuracies of the school while you are not attending the school nor know anything about it yourself? You really have that much free time on your hands?

Reactions: 3 users
Do you work for nyu?
Based on the things you've said/the way you type, you definitely don't seem like a student at the school, so everyone should take what you say with a grain of salt.

Again everyone, if you feel like a post is against our ToS, please report it! Definitely don't let this thread become a mess like it did a few weeks ago. :)

* having unpopular opinions about a school aren't against ToS. Getting into a flame war, however, is. *

People bash schools so that others get discouraged and don't apply or decline their acceptance decreasing the competition lol

Thank you!!! Do you know will NYU give out any scholarships?
Dr Mejia said they give out need-based and merit-based scholarships but they will send out more info later when they've filled the class :)

*edit* I just scrolled through the previous comments, don't listen to @NYU FACTS ... they definitely DO offer merit/need-based scholarships, she said so during interview day. I don't see why she would lie about something like that. Just not sure how many they give out per year

Dr Mejia said they give out need-based and merit-based scholarships but they will send out more info later when they've filled the class :)

*edit* I just scrolled through the previous comments, don't listen to @NYU FACTS ... they definitely DO offer merit/need-based scholarships, she said so during interview day. I don't see why she would lie about something like that. Just not sure how many they give out per year

Can someone confirm need based scholarships ?

I mean....she said it herself to me and 13 others...lol. But she clarified "need-based" as having a long-term history of needing financial aid
I just asked my friend, who got accepted to NYU on 12/3, received a scholarship email a week after her offer was made, but she is not attending. Though, she has pretty high stat. I am attending NYU and trying to minimize the cost of tuition, but I feel like the scholarship is mainly merit-based at this moment.

I just asked my friend, who got accepted to NYU on 12/3, received a scholarship email a week after her offer was made, but she is not attending. Though, she has pretty high stat. I am attending NYU and trying to minimize the cost of tuition, but I feel like the scholarship is mainly merit-based at this moment.
Ahh I see. Well FAFSA isn't due until April 1 so I'm hoping they will provide more info on need-based scholarships around that time

Are acceptances done thru phone call or email ?

I received an email saying there was an update to my portal. Portal gave me my congratulations letter.

I received an email saying there was an update to my portal. Portal gave me my congratulations letter.

Congrats! When did you interview and when did you receive your acceptance, if you don't mind me asking?

We are talking with someone who is named NYU FACTS
he got into this site to tell us to leave this school.
Like, NYU accepts people with a very low GPA and DAT as well as people with very high GPA and DAT.
If you fail, it's because you didn't study or didn't manage your time well. They did you a solid and accepted you when other schools rejected you right away. You should have honored that chance and studied hard.

Now you want NYU to babysit you and give you a chance after failing 3 courses,

Why the hell should they, they don't want to ruin their passing rate with your inefficiency and laziness!

Show up to class, study hard, and you will pass.

Don't study, don't see their recorded videos or attend their classes, don't collaborate with others, you are out in any school, not just NYU.

People bashing on NYU are ridiculous, this school survived for more than 150 years, I think it can survive a bunch of haters as well.

Reactions: 10 users
I’m sorry that this post made you upset, but truth always tastes bitter!

I’m glad that the student doctor network exists and people can bring up the hidden parts, but it depends on us to be non judgmental and try to fix the issues instead of attacking/defending.

This posts are not about hating nyu or to destroy nyu, the information is to give applicants a hint to help them decide wisely.

I think all schools accept students with high and low GPAs, but I’m wondering how many of them make their students to repeat one year.

Among those who are repeating at nyu, can be very hard working students with high GPA too. So, the problem is somewhere else especially when you see sometimes the majority of a class remediate a course. In this situations, majority of students are lazy, with low GPA, inefficient,...?

It makes you wonder there is something wrong with the way the exams are designed, or this is a way for the school to make more money on the cost of putting tons of pressures on the students.

NYU is one of the oldest schools, and nobody questioned the history of the school. The school can find out if the students are happy or not by just providing them an anonymous paper survey. Applicants can find a friend or RANDOM students to ask their questions directly.

I hope this clarities the purpose of the posts which is not about hate at all, but FACTS.

Last edited:

I’m glad that the student doctor network exists and people can bring up the hidden parts, but it depends on us to be none judgmental and try to fix the issues instead of attacking/defending.

This posts are not about hating nyu or to destroy nyu, the information is to give applicants a hint to help them decide wisely.

I think all schools accept students with high and low GPAs, but I’m wondering how many of them make their students to repeat one year.

Among those who are repeating at nyu, can be very hard working students with high GPA too. So, the problem is somewhere else especially when you see sometimes the majority of a class remediate a course. In this situations, majority of students are lazy, with low GPA, inefficient,...?

It makes you wonder there is something wrong with the way the exams are designed, or this is a way for the school to make more money on the cost of putting tons of pressures on the students.

NYU is one of the oldest schools, and nobody questioned the history of the school. The school can find out if the students are happy or not by just providing them an anonymous paper survey. Applicants can find a friend or RANDOM students to ask their questions directly.

I hope this clarities the purpose of the posts which is not about hate at all, but FACTS.
I think the fact that someone would actually go to such lengths and take the time to create a fake account, provide factually incorrect comments on a school they personally do not go to, with the writing skills of a middle-schooler (e.g., "none judgemental" smh) is a bit fishy.
It seems like you're just doing this on purpose in an attempt to provoke people into replying to you. So either you're just a troll, or you have a delusion of grandeur thinking you're exposing some sort of big NYU conspiracy, or you have some personal vendetta against NYU - perhaps they rejected you down the line (?)
Either way, in truth, you probably have quite the opposite of the noble intent that you claim you have, because until now, you haven't provided any "truth" or "facts" to back your preaching and spamming.

I’m glad that the student doctor network exists and people can bring up the hidden parts, but it depends on us to be non judgmental and try to fix the issues instead of attacking/defending.

What you said are not facts... they are your speculations. Of these speculations, most are outright false.

Again, if you don't know for yourself... go away. Giving PROPER advices are welcomed. Giving FALSE information, like what you are doing, is NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean....she said it herself to me and 13 others...lol. But she clarified "need-based" as having a long-term history of needing financial aid

How do we know if we are chosen for need based aid? Do you have to apply ?

Enough with the flame war. I will start thread-banning people if it continues. Be the bigger person and ignore things you know are wrong. Any posts after mine that continue this war will result in being banned from the thread.

What is seriously up with the NYU thread lately :rolleyes:

Glad you changed your mind HeyEjo ^

Just a quick question, for the email we send to NYU, will they also add into our application file?

Hi! I was accepted to NYU a week ago and was wondering how you guys are planning to pay for tuition and fees. Do people usually get some help from their family? or do they just take out all the loans as much as possible? During my lunch with D2 and D4 students, I was told that there is a loan forgiveness program for staying school after graduating. Is there any other loan forgiveness programs at NYU? I'm beyond excited to attend NYU dental but the price tag is definitely high and I'm just curious how everyone else is paying it off.

Hi! I was accepted to NYU a week ago and was wondering how you guys are planning to pay for tuition and fees. Do people usually get some help from their family? or do they just take out all the loans as much as possible? During my lunch with D2 and D4 students, I was told that there is a loan forgiveness program for staying school after graduating. Is there any other loan forgiveness programs at NYU? I'm beyond excited to attend NYU dental but the price tag is definitely high and I'm just curious how everyone else is paying it off.

Loans man Loans.
You work to pay it off

I heard about this forgiveness program because my interviewer was doing it. I just want to make sure it exists and how could you qualify for it.

I heard about this forgiveness program because my interviewer was doing it. I just want to make sure it exists and how could you qualify for it.

Oh so it actually does exist. Was your interviewer a faculty member? I would like to know more about this as well!

Loan forgiveness is taxable

For those who interviewed did you receive a thank you email from nyu telling you who your interviewers were?

Oh so it actually does exist. Was your interviewer a faculty member? I would like to know more about this as well!
Yes, she was a professor. I'm going to try to get a meeting with the financial aid office to find out more. I'll let you know.

For those who interviewed did you receive a thank you email from nyu telling you who your interviewers were?
I never did, but luckily I remembered to ask for her email at the end of my interview. She told me that they actually do pass on the thank you email you send to your interviewer to the admissions team, so if you get the chance, get your interviewer's email.

Yes. However they just listed the names of my interviewers without contact info. I got the business card of my admissions counselor so I was able to personally email her but I just looked up my faculty interviewer on the NYU directory and sent a thank you email to the email listed under him

Status
Not open for further replies.