***The Official NYU College of Dentistry C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not go to nyu guys, Reapply,reapply, reapply!!!
My friend repeated a year after she couldn’t pass 3 courses at the first time. If you fail less than 3 courses you can remediate only 1 time. If you don’t pass, you have to repeat the whole year! No chance for remediation if you don’t pass more than 3 courses. You have to pay full tution, lose of income and repeat all didactic, labs, and clinical!!
Each year 20-30 students repeating the year(D1,D2,D3 even D4) and nyu charges more money.
I heard everything is corrupted. Do not go.

If someone manages to actually fail 3 or more courses in dental school, I would question their motivation or competency to be a dentist rather than blaming labeling NYU as "corrupt." Considering how many successful dentists NYU graduates annually, maybe it's not the school's fault if you drop out of the program because you can't keep up. It's DENTAL SCHOOL -- not grade school. Don't expect your professors to spoon feed you everything for your lack of discipline or study skills.

With kind regards,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed last Thursday, waitlisted as well smh

I have an interview this Friday. Do I still have chance?

Most likely will withdraw from the waitlist though so hopefully that should open up a spot*:)
Same. Too expensive. Adios NYU.
Monthly living expense is 2500, IF you live with multiple roommates and eat noodles at home. (2500*12)*4 + 373026 = $493,026.
n o t w o r t h

NYU.png

have they sent out any interview invites recently?

International applicant!

Just got accepted!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard of any applicants getting invited to interview after submitting an application as late as December or January? Thanks.

Has anyone heard of any applicants getting invited to interview after submitting an application as late as December or January? Thanks.

Yes, someone on facebook page said he got into NYU last year.

So, I messaged him and he said he and his friend both applied in January and both got in.

I didn't ask about his stats but I assume they are good.

But, and this is a big one. This year NYU changed their date of starting class and last year they interviewed through April and they started in Aug and this year they are saying they will keep on interviewing through March and start school on July, so that might affect things.

In either case, don't lose hope and show them your interest!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed last Thursday, waitlisted as well smh

How was your interview? because I heard there is someone in the interview community that is very tough and kinda grill people about NYU did you interview with that person.

Yes, someone on facebook page said he got into NYU last year.

So, I messaged him and he said he and his friend both applied in January and both got in.

I didn't ask about his stats but I assume they are good.

But, and this is a big one. This year NYU changed their date of starting class and last year they interviewed through April and they started in Aug and this year they are saying they will keep on interviewing through March and start school on July, so that might affect things.

In either case, don't lose hope and show them your interest!

Thanks so much for your response! I recently sent a letter of interest so hopefully I'll hear something in the near future!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those accepted! Please join the NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2023 group on facebook

For those who interviewed did you receive a thank you email from nyu telling you who your interviewers were?

Individual names, no. But I did receive a thank you for attending email with a bit mentioning to contact their admissions office if you needed names/emails for the people you interacted with.

Interviewed 12/12. Accepted 12/14. Got mine 12/17.
Hello, you got an acceptance package? Do you mean you got grants and scholarships? Does NYU give a lot to help with the tuition?

Just got accepted!!! :soexcited:
Lol I started crying as soon as I saw the acceptance letter. Been waiting for this day for so long!
Can't wait to start dental school this Summer.

Reactions: 6 users
hello everyone who has gotten accepted or is a current dental student,

how do you all plan to pay and keep up with the cost of NYU? are there any good ways of not letting the loans cripple you in the future?

hello everyone who has gotten accepted or is a current dental student,

how do you all plan to pay and keep up with the cost of NYU? are there any good ways of not letting the loans cripple you in the future?
I know enough NYU alumni to tell you that the loan debt will not "cripple" you once you graduate. Trust me, 1 outta every 10 dentists you'd see are NYU alumni and they're all well above the average socioeconomic class where they're working/living. You might struggle for a couple of yrs IF you're supporting a family and your spouse is not contributing anything financially. Even then you can be a bit more financially smart and move out of NY to another state where you can manage your living costs a bit better and still enjoy an above average life until you pay off your debts in 10 or 25 yrs.

From what I know they have sent out rejections a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they've sent out any recently though

I think rejections are only sent to people who have not interviewed. Do they also send out rejections to people who interviewed?

I think rejections are only sent to people who have not interviewed. Do they also send out rejections to people who interviewed?

Correct. They pretty much put everyone who has interviewed and hasn't been accepted on the waitlist

Does NYU do rounds of acceptances? Was yesterday considered a round of acceptances if a couple people on here got their offers?

Just got accepted!!! :soexcited:
Lol I started crying as soon as I saw the acceptance letter. Been waiting for this day for so long!
Can't wait to start dental school this Summer.

Congrats! When did you interview and were you on the waitlist by any chance, if you don't mind me asking?

Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!! Had my interview December 12th, waitlisted on the 14th

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! When did you interview and were you on the waitlist by any chance, if you don't mind me asking?
Thank you! My interview was last Friday, February 15th and I got accepted last night.
And no I wasn't on the waitlist this year, but I was on the waitlist last year until the day of orientation! There wasn't much movement off the waitlist last year, so I didn't get in back then.

Thank you! My interview was last Friday, February 15th and I got accepted last night.
And no I wasn't on the waitlist this year, but I was on the waitlist last year until the day of orientation! There wasn't much movement off the waitlist last year, so I didn't get in back then.

Hey, Last year when you were waitlisted did you contact the school and show them interest? Do you recommend doing that?

Just had an interview today! Good luck to anyone who is going to do the interview!

Waitlisted Feb 5th, off waitlist today!! So grateful !!
Wow so I guess the waitlist isn’t ranked by interview day... it must be totally random. I interviewed on 1/7 and am still waitlisted

Wow so I guess the waitlist isn’t ranked by interview day... it must be totally random. I interviewed on 1/7 and am still waitlisted

Have you been updating them and showing interest?

Interviewed 2/20 and got accepted last night!!

Reactions: 3 users
does anyyyyyone know the Federal school code for FAFSA for NYU CDM specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.