You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Best of luck to all!
K
karanja
Has anyone had any communication with OHSU yet? I assume all schools get quite a bit of phone calls and e-mails around this time.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I faintly recall Mark mentioning they might be adding additional staff for reviewing applications this year...don't hold me 100%.
They've sent a few emails out for first batch. Still under review.Has anyone had any communication with OHSU yet? I assume all schools get quite a bit of phone calls and e-mails around this time.
K
karanja
@MeepCat and @GR8SMYL are you IS or OOS?
OOS@MeepCat and @GR8SMYL are you IS or OOS?
K
karanja
Got an email the other day about them receiving my application. No official review until Aug/Sept. Still working on this year's class.
I received a confirmation email when I paid the supplemental fee. I logged into their supplemental portal again today to check if they do any updates there, and my supplemental wasn't there at all. Has that been everyone's experience or should I call them to find out what's wrong?
K
karanja
They sent me an e-mail informing me they received my application. They also replied to/acknowledged my e-mail regarding in-progress and planned coursework. I have yet to see an OHSU entry on my portal.I received a confirmation email when I paid the supplemental fee. I logged into their supplemental portal again today to check if they do any updates there, and my supplemental wasn't there at all. Has that been everyone's experience or should I call them to find out what's wrong?
In both e-mails they stated they weren't going to be starting the application review process for the current cycle until mid September-ish as they're currently wrapping up the 2019 class. Based on my research, this is pretty normal for OHSU.
Also, they don't have a supplementary application. The information you provide when you pay your supplemental fee is used to populate your file, and that is considered the "supplementary application." If you get an interview, you'll be asked for a writing sample, and that's about it.
Hang tight. I'm sure we'll all hear from them soon enough.
K
karanja
OHSU just showed up on my portal.
Received/Under Review
Received/Under Review
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
K
karanja
They've received 1,000+ applications to date, with ~6 weeks left until November deadline.
Apparently they're going to begin interviews this month, but I personally haven't heard anything since I received my early application acknowledgement e-mail back in late July.
Apparently they're going to begin interviews this month, but I personally haven't heard anything since I received my early application acknowledgement e-mail back in late July.
Did anyone remember previous class statistics? I have a feeling a jumped up quite a bit but don't remember
K
karanja
C/O 2019 entered with AA, TS, and PAT scores of 20+, with average oGPA of 3.75 and sGPA of 3.68.
Sorry, meant C/o 2018's stats compared to 2019's
They've received 1,000+ applications to date, with ~6 weeks left until November deadline.
Apparently they're going to begin interviews this month, but I personally haven't heard anything since I received my early application acknowledgement e-mail back in late July.
Got the early submission email on 6/25 and nothing since. Hopefully we start hearing something soon.
K
karanja
They hired additional staff this year and say that should definitely help speed the process by a month or so.
I imagine we will start hearing things within 2 weeks.
I imagine we will start hearing things within 2 weeks.
K
karanja
Before anyone else likes my previous post, it should be noted that not even I trust my imagination. 😵
I got an email back from them saying my application was delayed until winter review because my dentist LOR wasn't in yet.
🙁 My dentist just sent it in yesterday, so hopefully that will change or help out. =\
I just added OHSU as one of my schools on AADSAS. I'm hoping since they haven't sent out any interview invites it won't set me back too much.
Last edited:
Anyone hear anything from them yet?
I just received an email back from them saying they will be sending out interview invites starting mid October.
Did anyone receive a status update email from OHSU?
K
karanja
Got it. Pretty sweet email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That email gave me a tiny heart attack
K
karanja
Don't die. Why you trippin?That email gave me a tiny heart attack
I got the update as well. It sounds like for those who received it we're in a pretty good spot.
samesies
I got an email as well but I couldn't make out the tone of the email ! lol What does this meaaaan?!

I don't think it means anything. I think they're just letting applicants know they're starting the review process.I got an email as well but I couldn't make out the tone of the email ! lol What does this meaaaan?!![]()
Nothing. I'm just some fat and clumpsy kid, tripping on anythingDon't die. Why you trippin?
K
karanja
Nothing. I'm just some fat and clumpsy kid, tripping on anything
Haha!
This is the atrium of the OHSU Collaborative Life Sciences Building & Skourtes Tower. Might want to practice walking so you don't trip on game day! 😉
More photos of the school here: http://www.jedunn.com/projects/collaborative-life-sciences-building-skourtes-tower
K
karanja
"Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process."
If your e-mail states the above quotation, I'd say it's a good sign.
If your e-mail states the above quotation, I'd say it's a good sign.
"Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process."
If your e-mail states the above quotation, I'd say it's a good sign.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mine doesn't say that....
![]()
What...are the emails different? What does yours say?
May I ask what your email say?mine doesn't say that....
![]()
What...are the emails different? What does yours say?
It says we can't officially act on your application at this time. Factors such as GPA, etc. have been considered. Only complete applications will be continually reviewed throughout the cycle.
And my application is complete
@Curious Potato,
I also got the same email that you received sent to me today
"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."
My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have a few years of clinical experience under my belt as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.
I also got the same email that you received sent to me today
"Following initial review of your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry, we are not prepared to take official action at this time. Factors such as GPA and DAT scores have been considered, as well as dental career exploration, community service, research experience and letters of evaluation. While we cannot act on your application at this time, applications will be in a continuous state of review throughout the duration of the cycle. Only complete applications will be considered. You will be informed immediately of any change in the status of your application."
My GPA is not stellar nor is my DAT score, but I have a few years of clinical experience under my belt as an RDA. I believe that is the only thing keeping me in the race.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K