I applied for SHOI well before the priority deadline, and also well before I received an interview invite, but I've already withdrawn my application in light of my UW acceptance.
Anyway, the e-mails OHSU SoD sends with your interview invite are automated, so everyone gets them. Here's the gist:
1. SHOI is exclusively for Oregon residents (you must be admitted as an Oregon resident).
2. The priority deadline was December 1st, 2015.
3. You must give Oregon/OHSU back 5 years (one year longer than the number of years you receive funding) of service in an underserved area of Oregon.
If OOS applicants are truly considered for SHOI, you may have a long shot at receiving it, but as you pointed out, it's pretty late in the game. Perhaps if the SHOI applicant pool is insufficient, you might have a better chance.
The official 2016 SHOI brochure can be viewed here:
http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/st...id/upload/Final-2016-17-SHOI-Brochure-2-0.pdf
If you want more information, you should contact Annatress Tupper (503-494-1267,
[email protected]) directly.