***The Official OSU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

For the people that got an interview today are y’all instate or out of state?

I got an interview today - OOS

Does anyone know how many OOS students they interview and the chances of getting in?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an interview today - OOS

Does anyone know how many OOS students they interview and the chances of getting in?

Also OOS interviewing October 18/19.

A recent cycle (not sure which year) had 753 OOS applicants of which 60 were invited for an interview of which 54 were offered acceptance of which 12 enrolled.

The same cycle had 257 IS applicants of which 141 were interviewed, 117 were offered acceptances, and 98 enrolled.

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview invite yesterday for 10/19! I'm OOS.
I have a midterm on 10/18 so I can't attend the Friday events :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to bring a passport-sized photo for the interview this week? I'm not seeing anything in the email, but I just wanted to make sure.

Does anyone know in what priority they’re sending out invites?

Interview #4
School: OSU
Notification date:
9/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: AL
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.31, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/22/22/none
Interview date: 10/18-19

Super excited!

I go to OSU for undergrad, so this is what the admissions advisor told our pre-dental club. The first 2 interview dates (9/27 and 10/19) are predominantly for OOS applicants. The last 2 will be mostly in-state.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get a call yet today?
I am in-state and they just called me at 9:24!! I'm shaking from excitement. I wasn't sure if they were going to invite me but I'm grateful!! :giggle:

• Love
  • Haha
So are they done with calls for today then?

I also got a call at 10:14 AM, but missed it! They followed up with an email, extending the interview invitation! See you guys on November 2nd!

For those of you who got invited today, when did you submit your apps?

I applied on June 27th, and the application was verified on July 2nd! However, I took the DAT on July 31st, and the official scores were received on August 14th!

Best of luck with everything!

I got a call and OOS. Yayyy. I have a question . are Friday events required ? or it looks bad if u dont go to the Friday events?

I got a call and OOS. Yayyy. I have a question . are Friday events required ? or it looks bad if u dont go to the Friday events?
Can you tell us when you got the call if you don’t mind?

Its not required and it does not look bad if you dont go.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied on June 27th, and the application was verified on July 2nd! However, I took the DAT on July 31st, and the official scores were received on August 14th!

Best of luck with everything!
Thank you for your response! Best of luck with the interview!!

I submitted on July 30th, sent the secondary on August 12th, and was complete on August 13th! I was in agony seeing the first few invite days pass with no call, so it made my day hearing from them. For anyone else waiting, don't give up hope for that last invite date!

Hi everyone! I have a question for those who have already interviewed, what time did everything wrap up on Saturday? I’m driving down today and just wanted a rough estimate on what time I would be driving back tomorrow!

Hi everyone! I have a question for those who have already interviewed, what time did everything wrap up on Saturday? I’m driving down today and just wanted a rough estimate on what time I would be driving back tomorrow!

Congrats on the interview! When I interviewed back in September I think we wrapped up around 1:30-2 pm.

Notification date:10/18
Method of notification: Call, followed up by Email
Residency: OH
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/14
Application complete date: 9/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.15, 3.20
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/17/20/21/yes (ochem)

I am a great example that it is not all about stats because mine are definitely below average! I have TONS of dental and leadership experiences. I also have around 200 shadowing hours, 600-700 volunteer hours, and over 1000 hours working in a dental office. I am also a re-applicant and have taken the DAT three times! DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Good luck everyone :)
Congrats how long did the call take

Nothing but silence. Anyone know when they stop calling? :(

Anyone know when they stop sending out invites, or if they will send a rejection letter?

Anyone know when they stop sending out invites, or if they will send a rejection letter?

I'm in the same boat as you, still waiting to hear back from OSU and curious if anyone knows if they are done sending out invites yet?

I read on previous threads that they don't send out rejections. If you don't receive a call by the end of today or even early tomorrow, assume a rejection :/