-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official OSU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Hammy1754
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I got the call and email today for a 11/16 interview! This is honestly my first dental school interview so I'm pretty nervous. Anyone have any advice who has interviewed there? I've heard that the OSU interviews are pretty laid back and they just want to learn about who you are and maybe ask a few ethical questions. I heard this from someone who is a current student and from students at their pre-dental day who said current students actually participate in the interviews to determine if you are a good fit with their community. Thanks everyone!
They close at 4:30pm.Are they done calling for today?
Hopefully not. But it does look like it is done.So are they done...? 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope they aren’t doneMy friend got a call after 5 so...
vibrovulnif6
Full Member
Not everyone is on SDN nor do they post if they got one or not. But they are done with calls unless spots open (if people do not accept the interview invite). So basically there is a very very slim chance of getting one now. I called Thursday to ask and this is what they told me before they called everyone Yesterday.Looks like 4 people got the call here on sdn yesterday... anyone else get a call or is there still some hope for monday ?
Welp that was a dagger to the heartNot everyone is on SDN nor do they post if they got one or not. But they are done with calls unless spots open (if people do not accept the interview invite). So basically there is a very very slim chance of getting one now. I called Thursday to ask and this is what they told me before they called everyone Yesterday.
vibrovulnif6
Full Member
Welp that was a dagger to the heart
Are you IS or OOS?
Got the call Friday afternoon for the 11/16 session! Anyone have advice for the interview?
Last edited:
You can call them. They are normally good at responding to callsAnyone call them and ask them if they are giving out interviews. According to past threads they have delayed the last interview calls so maybe there still a chance lol? Anyone have any update?
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I will be at the 11/16 session as well! From what I've heard from current OSU dental students and former admissions board dentists it is kind of like speed dating. There are about 4-5 stations I believe and at least 2 students per interviewer at the station. It will either be someone on the admissions board or even a current student interviewing you. You earn points at each station for your total interview score. I've heard that it is pretty relaxed and they mostly are trying to find out who you are as a person and why you want to be a dentist, but also know your own application well so that you can prepare for potential questions they may ask you about personal experiences like volunteering or research. The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback This page has lots of questions people were asked at the OSU interviews.Got the call Friday afternoon for the 11/16 session! Anyone have advice for the interview?
A few days ago I got an email that I was being considered for DentPath! It said that interviews will be in February. Anyone else get this email? Also, does anyone know how many DentPath interviews are given vs how many are accepted?
I am not quite sure but I think there are 5 DentPath students right now.A few days ago I got an email that I was being considered for DentPath! It said that interviews will be in February. Anyone else get this email? Also, does anyone know how many DentPath interviews are given vs how many are accepted?
RDHDental30
New Member
Hey guys, I’m getting antsy with decision day coming up!! Does anyone know how Ohio State goes about sending acceptances? Wondering if they send out most of their acceptances on Dec 2nd or if it would be later and if it’ll be phone call, email, or something else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From my understanding they notify you by phone. A lot of them go out tomorrow but I had a friend who got his call about a week after the first day
MMIwhat is the interview style at OSU dental?
Anyone get a call yet?
Anyone get a call yet?
Was literally about to ask the same thing!
AHHH I JUST GOT THE CALL!!!
Just got the call too! 9:48am est!!!
I got in. Called at 10:15 AM. In state. Good luck to you all.
Got the call at 10:17, in state. Good luck everyone!
Chelsihacker
Full Member
Does anybody know if they contact us either way? I still haven't heard anything?
FutureDentistK
Full Member
you get a call if accepted and usually an email about being waitlisted I believe. I still haven't heard anything 🙁Does anybody know if they contact us either way? I still haven't heard anything?
Chelsihacker
Full Member
I believe total is around 250, but I'm not sure about ooshow many OOS does osu interviews? What about total interviewees?
mdaniel
Full Member
you get a call if accepted and usually an email about being waitlisted I believe. I still haven't heard anything 🙁
Haven't heard anything either.I'm hoping calls go into the afternoon/evening!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I checked out last year's thread and they originally said 9-2 but took even longer than that to finish calls so hope isn't lost yet but I'm getting really nervous.Haven't heard anything either.I'm hoping calls go into the afternoon/evening!
Will they call OOS today also ?
Chelsihacker
Full Member
Same, very stressed!Haven't heard anything either.I'm hoping calls go into the afternoon/evening!
Chelsihacker
Full Member
I'm in state also and havent heard a peep!Well if it makes anyone feel better, I interviewed at 4 schools and haven’t heard anything yet. No acceptances, but no waitlists or rejections either. And it’s 1:40 EST and I’m In state
You guys think it’s safe to say they are done calling?
Chelsihacker
Full Member
I hope not? Should we hear either way? Bc I havent heard accepted denied or waitlisted yetYou guys think it’s safe to say they are done calling?
OSU is going to give me a heart attack with all this waiting man
IS and haven’t heard anything at all
IS and haven’t heard anything at allThat didn't make me feel better lol. I think they are still calling though.Well if it makes anyone feel better, I interviewed at 4 schools and haven’t heard anything yet. No acceptances, but no waitlists or rejections either. And it’s 1:40 EST and I’m In state
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I think they're supposed to close at 4:30 so it's getting pretty late :/
How are there so many of us on SDN that didn’t get accepted yet? They only reject like 20-25 in state kids that interview. This is wild man
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chelsihacker
Full Member
Right! I'm so stressed! what we do if we dont hear anything today?How are there so many of us on SDN that didn’t get accepted yet? They only reject like 20-25 in state kids that interview. This is wild man
I am in state and have also not heard anything
Right! I'm so stressed! what we do if we dont hear anything today?
dude idk.Last cycle it looked like all in-state kids got accepted on the first day. Only out of state kids got excepted a few days out. But there’s too many of us without a response for me to believe we’re all really s.o.l. I’m gonna go a second day without sleep if they don’t call me today
Also in state and haven’t heard anything. Unsure whether to keep hoping or not
Chelsihacker
Full Member
I know! I dont know what to do, I havent put my phone down all day. But if spoken to people in different fb groups who are also concerned bc they havent heard anything, so at least were not the only ones?dude idk.Last cycle it looked like all in-state kids got accepted on the first day. Only out of state kids got excepted a few days out. But there’s too many of us without a response for me to believe we’re all really s.o.l. I’m gonna go a second day without sleep if they don’t call me today
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K