***The Official OSU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are they done calling for today?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the call and email today for a 11/16 interview! This is honestly my first dental school interview so I'm pretty nervous. Anyone have any advice who has interviewed there? I've heard that the OSU interviews are pretty laid back and they just want to learn about who you are and maybe ask a few ethical questions. I heard this from someone who is a current student and from students at their pre-dental day who said current students actually participate in the interviews to determine if you are a good fit with their community. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like 4 people got the call here on sdn yesterday... anyone else get a call or is there still some hope for monday ?

Looks like 4 people got the call here on sdn yesterday... anyone else get a call or is there still some hope for monday ?
Not everyone is on SDN nor do they post if they got one or not. But they are done with calls unless spots open (if people do not accept the interview invite). So basically there is a very very slim chance of getting one now. I called Thursday to ask and this is what they told me before they called everyone Yesterday.

Not everyone is on SDN nor do they post if they got one or not. But they are done with calls unless spots open (if people do not accept the interview invite). So basically there is a very very slim chance of getting one now. I called Thursday to ask and this is what they told me before they called everyone Yesterday.
Welp that was a dagger to the heart

Got the call Friday afternoon for the 11/16 session! Anyone have advice for the interview?

Last edited:
Anyone call them and ask them if they are giving out interviews. According to past threads they have delayed the last interview calls so maybe there still a chance lol? Anyone have any update?

Anyone call them and ask them if they are giving out interviews. According to past threads they have delayed the last interview calls so maybe there still a chance lol? Anyone have any update?
You can call them. They are normally good at responding to calls

Got the call Friday afternoon for the 11/16 session! Anyone have advice for the interview?
I will be at the 11/16 session as well! From what I've heard from current OSU dental students and former admissions board dentists it is kind of like speed dating. There are about 4-5 stations I believe and at least 2 students per interviewer at the station. It will either be someone on the admissions board or even a current student interviewing you. You earn points at each station for your total interview score. I've heard that it is pretty relaxed and they mostly are trying to find out who you are as a person and why you want to be a dentist, but also know your own application well so that you can prepare for potential questions they may ask you about personal experiences like volunteering or research. The Ohio State University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback This page has lots of questions people were asked at the OSU interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
A few days ago I got an email that I was being considered for DentPath! It said that interviews will be in February. Anyone else get this email? Also, does anyone know how many DentPath interviews are given vs how many are accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
A few days ago I got an email that I was being considered for DentPath! It said that interviews will be in February. Anyone else get this email? Also, does anyone know how many DentPath interviews are given vs how many are accepted?
I am not quite sure but I think there are 5 DentPath students right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I’m getting antsy with decision day coming up!! Does anyone know how Ohio State goes about sending acceptances? Wondering if they send out most of their acceptances on Dec 2nd or if it would be later and if it’ll be phone call, email, or something else?

From my understanding they notify you by phone. A lot of them go out tomorrow but I had a friend who got his call about a week after the first day

I got in. Called at 10:15 AM. In state. Good luck to you all.

I'm in-state, and just got the call at 10:24! Not gonna lie, I called my parents and ugly cried right after but I have been trying for years to get in and today my dreams of getting accepted came true! Good luck to all of you guys :giggle:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know if they contact us either way? I still haven't heard anything?

how many OOS does osu interviews? What about total interviewees?

you get a call if accepted and usually an email about being waitlisted I believe. I still haven't heard anything :(

Haven't heard anything either.I'm hoping calls go into the afternoon/evening!

Haven't heard anything either.I'm hoping calls go into the afternoon/evening!
I checked out last year's thread and they originally said 9-2 but took even longer than that to finish calls so hope isn't lost yet but I'm getting really nervous.

Just the call! OOS and this is my second application cycle, first with OSU.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call too! OOS, first acceptance so far :)

For those that have got the call, did they send out an email too? I received a call at 10:15am EST but haven’t received an email

Well if it makes anyone feel better, I interviewed at 4 schools and haven’t heard anything yet. No acceptances, but no waitlists or rejections either. And it’s 1:40 EST and I’m In state

Well if it makes anyone feel better, I interviewed at 4 schools and haven’t heard anything yet. No acceptances, but no waitlists or rejections either. And it’s 1:40 EST and I’m In state
I'm in state also and havent heard a peep!

You guys think it’s safe to say they are done calling?

OSU is going to give me a heart attack with all this waiting man :scared: IS and haven’t heard anything at all

Reactions: 2 users
That didn't make me feel better lol. I think they are still calling though.

How are there so many of us on SDN that didn’t get accepted yet? They only reject like 20-25 in state kids that interview. This is wild man

Was anyone offered a scholarship with their acceptance today?

Right! I'm so stressed! what we do if we dont hear anything today?

dude idk.Last cycle it looked like all in-state kids got accepted on the first day. Only out of state kids got excepted a few days out. But there’s too many of us without a response for me to believe we’re all really s.o.l. I’m gonna go a second day without sleep if they don’t call me today

Also in state and haven’t heard anything. Unsure whether to keep hoping or not

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
dude idk.Last cycle it looked like all in-state kids got accepted on the first day. Only out of state kids got excepted a few days out. But there’s too many of us without a response for me to believe we’re all really s.o.l. I’m gonna go a second day without sleep if they don’t call me today
I know! I dont know what to do, I havent put my phone down all day. But if spoken to people in different fb groups who are also concerned bc they havent heard anything, so at least were not the only ones?

Reactions: 3 users