***The Official OSU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Anyone have any idea on how much movement happens on the in-state waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone who interviewed and did not get accepted is put on the waitlist. The applicants who did not get invited for interview are rejected.
256 applicants interviewed and there are 120 spots. That means more than a 130 are waitlisted and its hard to believe in state students will reject their acceptance so this is no bueno lol.

Same and I heard it doesn't move much so its basically a rejection. woo!
Iv heard both ways, I know multiple people who have gotten off the waitlist, but it seems to be rare.
Anybody know if they already offered the CARE program spots? Bc apps for that arnt even due till friday 12-6

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the OOS waitlist? :(
About what percentage of applicants interviewed were OOS?

How long do accepted applicants have to accept their offer?

did all waitlisted applicants receive an immunization packet via email?

Reactions: 1 user
256 applicants interviewed and there are 120 spots. That means more than a 130 are waitlisted and its hard to believe in state students will reject their acceptance so this is no bueno lol.
I have heard that the in state and out of state waitlists are separate. I heard that the out of state one moves faster but is a longer list while the in state one moves more slowly but is a shorter list since most of their acceptances are in state.

Does anyone know if online courses would be accepted for the pre-reqs? I've emailed the email address OSU provides to check for transfer equivalences as I am an OOS resident. However, they are really slow to respond and I was hoping to get some sort of answer before the deposit is due. The pre-req I am specifically referring to is anatomy. My undergrad school didn't offer anatomy otherwise I would have taken it before I graduated this past may :/ and a lot of the schools in my area only offer an anatomy and physiology combo which OSU doesn't accept.

Does anyone know if online courses would be accepted for the pre-reqs? I've emailed the email address OSU provides to check for transfer equivalences as I am an OOS resident. However, they are really slow to respond and I was hoping to get some sort of answer before the deposit is due. The pre-req I am specifically referring to is anatomy. My undergrad school didn't offer anatomy otherwise I would have taken it before I graduated this past may :/ and a lot of the schools in my area only offer an anatomy and physiology combo which OSU doesn't accept.
I know that they do if there is an on-campus lab component.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they do. You just need to email graduate admissions at OSU with the syllabus of the course and they will tell you whether or not it’s approved. I got mine approved.

Yes they do. You just need to email graduate admissions at OSU with the syllabus of the course and they will tell you whether or not it’s approved. I got mine approved.

Is it okay if I ask which online course you took?

Hi guys, I never got an interview at OSU during the fall, and I still have not gotten any response (interview, decline, accepted, further review) yet. Does anyone know what this could mean?

Hi guys, I never got an interview at OSU during the fall, and I still have not gotten any response (interview, decline, accepted, further review) yet. Does anyone know what this could mean?

All of their interviews are over so you were rejected. Sorry

Has anyone instate or out of state receive any waitlist calls?

I got a call yesterday offering admissions! I was on the instate waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
I got a call yesterday offering admissions! I was on the instate waitlist
Congrats! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats? You can PM you prefer as well

Congrats! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats? You can PM you prefer as well
Of course! science GPA : 3.6 overall GPA 3.7 PAT: 18 AA: 22 TS: 21

Congrats, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
I believe my sGPA was about a 3.2, my overall was a 3.4, my PAT was a 23 and my AA was a 20. I also had 130 hours of shadowing, I am graduating from OSU and have worked in a cancer research lab for 3.5 years now.

I heard osu is having another interview session. Not sure if it’s for oos or IS. Could be both, but I from what others posted on the datbootcamp forum seems like there’s another session.

I heard osu is having another interview session. Not sure if it’s for oos or IS. Could be both, but I from what others posted on the datbootcamp forum seems like there’s another session.
I think it's for DENTPATH? I know Dentpath interviews are happening soon, but maybe there is another dental school interview.

I think it's for DENTPATH? I know Dentpath interviews are happening soon, but maybe there is another dental school interview.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I heard about some kind of assessment in their posts.

Any noise on the waitlist recently for instate students?
For an instate waitlist student, is it probable that at this point in time to assume that you won’t get in?

Does anyone know if you are able to take other miscellaneous classes that don't involve dental school while in school? My dentist friend said he got away with getting his MBA while in school without even paying for it because he was already paying for dental school.

Any noise on the waitlist recently for instate students?
For an instate waitlist student, is it probable that at this point in time to assume that you won’t get in?
I've heard of people getting off of the waitlist in August. Not usually likely, but not impossible

Does anyone know if you are able to take other miscellaneous classes that don't involve dental school while in school? My dentist friend said he got away with getting his MBA while in school without even paying for it because he was already paying for dental school.

Was this at OSU?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I think our school (OSU CoD) does tuition based on credit hours so if adding other classes still works in that regards, you won't have to pay additional. That being said, it's extremely rare to add on additional classes to your schedule. I personally do not know anyone who has done. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the course work is a lot and most people will use additional time to practice on their hand skills or take a break (if you manage to have some) to ensure you're mentally & physically healthy. If anything, people may have more time during D3 & D4 yr when you start seeing patients and have a lesser course load.

If you manage to keep up with didactic courses + hand skills + quality time for your health and relationship AND still have time, then by all means, go for it! But I would wait until you're finished with D2 year for that!

I think our school (OSU CoD) does tuition based on credit hours so if adding other classes still works in that regards, you won't have to pay additional. That being said, it's extremely rare to add on additional classes to your schedule. I personally do not know anyone who has done. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the course work is a lot and most people will use additional time to practice on their hand skills or take a break (if you manage to have some) to ensure you're mentally & physically healthy. If anything, people may have more time during D3 & D4 yr when you start seeing patients and have a lesser course load.

If you manage to keep up with didactic courses + hand skills + quality time for your health and relationship AND still have time, then by all means, go for it! But I would wait until you're finished with D2 year for that!

Yeah I agree with you completely.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN