You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official OSU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by Hammy1754
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
256 applicants interviewed and there are 120 spots. That means more than a 130 are waitlisted and its hard to believe in state students will reject their acceptance so this is no bueno lol.Everyone who interviewed and did not get accepted is put on the waitlist. The applicants who did not get invited for interview are rejected.
Chelsihacker
Full Member
Iv heard both ways, I know multiple people who have gotten off the waitlist, but it seems to be rare.Same and I heard it doesn't move much so its basically a rejection. woo!
Anybody know if they already offered the CARE program spots? Bc apps for that arnt even due till friday 12-6
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have you heard this about OOS too?Same and I heard it doesn't move much so its basically a rejection. woo!
pretty sure they have to put their deposit down by Jan 1stHow long do accepted applicants have to accept their offer?
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I have heard that the in state and out of state waitlists are separate. I heard that the out of state one moves faster but is a longer list while the in state one moves more slowly but is a shorter list since most of their acceptances are in state.256 applicants interviewed and there are 120 spots. That means more than a 130 are waitlisted and its hard to believe in state students will reject their acceptance so this is no bueno lol.
D
deleted1022571
Is there a facebook group for accepted students?
I believe this is the facebook page for class of 2024:Is there a facebook group for accepted students?
mdaniel
Full Member
Does anyone know if online courses would be accepted for the pre-reqs? I've emailed the email address OSU provides to check for transfer equivalences as I am an OOS resident. However, they are really slow to respond and I was hoping to get some sort of answer before the deposit is due. The pre-req I am specifically referring to is anatomy. My undergrad school didn't offer anatomy otherwise I would have taken it before I graduated this past may :/ and a lot of the schools in my area only offer an anatomy and physiology combo which OSU doesn't accept.
I know that they do if there is an on-campus lab component.Does anyone know if online courses would be accepted for the pre-reqs? I've emailed the email address OSU provides to check for transfer equivalences as I am an OOS resident. However, they are really slow to respond and I was hoping to get some sort of answer before the deposit is due. The pre-req I am specifically referring to is anatomy. My undergrad school didn't offer anatomy otherwise I would have taken it before I graduated this past may :/ and a lot of the schools in my area only offer an anatomy and physiology combo which OSU doesn't accept.
Yes they do. You just need to email graduate admissions at OSU with the syllabus of the course and they will tell you whether or not it’s approved. I got mine approved.Does anyone know if online courses would be accepted for the pre-reqs? I've emailed the email address OSU provides to check for transfer equivalences as I am an OOS resident. However, they are really slow to respond and I was hoping to get some sort of answer before the deposit is due. The pre-req I am specifically referring to is anatomy. My undergrad school didn't offer anatomy otherwise I would have taken it before I graduated this past may :/ and a lot of the schools in my area only offer an anatomy and physiology combo which OSU doesn't accept.
mdaniel
Full Member
Yes they do. You just need to email graduate admissions at OSU with the syllabus of the course and they will tell you whether or not it’s approved. I got mine approved.
Is it okay if I ask which online course you took?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pm'd!Is it okay if I ask which online course you took?
Hi guys, I never got an interview at OSU during the fall, and I still have not gotten any response (interview, decline, accepted, further review) yet. Does anyone know what this could mean?
All of their interviews are over so you were rejected. Sorry
Waiting for that call, too!Has anyone instate or out of state receive any waitlist calls?
Congrats! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats? You can PM you prefer as wellI got a call yesterday offering admissions! I was on the instate waitlist
laurennlaurr
New Member
I also got a call on Tuesday offering admission! (I am in state)
Cecejean
New Member
Of course! science GPA : 3.6 overall GPA 3.7 PAT: 18 AA: 22 TS: 21Congrats! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats? You can PM you prefer as well
Crazy thinking back since now you got accepted lolSame and I heard it doesn't move much so its basically a rejection. woo!
Congrats, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?I also got a call on Tuesday offering admission! (I am in state)
laurennlaurr
New Member
I believe my sGPA was about a 3.2, my overall was a 3.4, my PAT was a 23 and my AA was a 20. I also had 130 hours of shadowing, I am graduating from OSU and have worked in a cancer research lab for 3.5 years now.Congrats, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?
I heard osu is having another interview session. Not sure if it’s for oos or IS. Could be both, but I from what others posted on the datbootcamp forum seems like there’s another session.
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I think it's for DENTPATH? I know Dentpath interviews are happening soon, but maybe there is another dental school interview.I heard osu is having another interview session. Not sure if it’s for oos or IS. Could be both, but I from what others posted on the datbootcamp forum seems like there’s another session.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I heard about some kind of assessment in their posts.I think it's for DENTPATH? I know Dentpath interviews are happening soon, but maybe there is another dental school interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got admitted to the DENTPATH program!
Congrats!!! Do you know if they have selected/interviewed all candidates for the program this year?
I think they are still doing calls- best of luck!Congrats!!! Do you know if they have selected/interviewed all candidates for the program this year?
MeltingPot3
Full Member
Does anyone know if you are able to take other miscellaneous classes that don't involve dental school while in school? My dentist friend said he got away with getting his MBA while in school without even paying for it because he was already paying for dental school.
FutureDentistK
Full Member
I've heard of people getting off of the waitlist in August. Not usually likely, but not impossibleAny noise on the waitlist recently for instate students?
For an instate waitlist student, is it probable that at this point in time to assume that you won’t get in?
Does anyone know if you are able to take other miscellaneous classes that don't involve dental school while in school? My dentist friend said he got away with getting his MBA while in school without even paying for it because he was already paying for dental school.
Was this at OSU?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
MeltingPot3
Full Member
yes it was!Was this at OSU?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Does anyone know if you are able to take other miscellaneous classes that don't involve dental school while in school? My dentist friend said he got away with getting his MBA while in school without even paying for it because he was already paying for dental school.
I think our school (OSU CoD) does tuition based on credit hours so if adding other classes still works in that regards, you won't have to pay additional. That being said, it's extremely rare to add on additional classes to your schedule. I personally do not know anyone who has done. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the course work is a lot and most people will use additional time to practice on their hand skills or take a break (if you manage to have some) to ensure you're mentally & physically healthy. If anything, people may have more time during D3 & D4 yr when you start seeing patients and have a lesser course load.
If you manage to keep up with didactic courses + hand skills + quality time for your health and relationship AND still have time, then by all means, go for it! But I would wait until you're finished with D2 year for that!
I think our school (OSU CoD) does tuition based on credit hours so if adding other classes still works in that regards, you won't have to pay additional. That being said, it's extremely rare to add on additional classes to your schedule. I personally do not know anyone who has done. Not trying to be pessimistic, but the course work is a lot and most people will use additional time to practice on their hand skills or take a break (if you manage to have some) to ensure you're mentally & physically healthy. If anything, people may have more time during D3 & D4 yr when you start seeing patients and have a lesser course load.
If you manage to keep up with didactic courses + hand skills + quality time for your health and relationship AND still have time, then by all means, go for it! But I would wait until you're finished with D2 year for that!
Yeah I agree with you completely.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K