**** The Official Penn Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

For those who interviewed pre-Dec.has anyone received an acceptance packet recently, like not the week of the 3rd?

Members don't see this ad.

When Penn sent out acceptance packages, do they come in the regular mail or was it express post/UPS?

Thanks.

Pre-December interview. Priority mail through USPS.

I say pre-December only because I'm not sure if it changes for post-December interviews such that Penn tries to get your packages out sooner to you guys.

My interview is mid jan, will they come back with a decision relatively quickly?

Members don't see this ad :)
12/6. They said we should expect to hear from them before holiday. It's been only 10 days !

Was it a PRE or POST december interview? I am trying to figure out the turnaround time for decisions post dec interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like Penn accepts a large number of their interviewees... Good news for me since I have my interview in two weeks!

whens your interview

So it's USPS if the package is going to the USA and UPS or FEDEX if the packege is heading to Canada.

Is anyone picking Penn over their state school? Could you tell me why?

Nope either... Now I start to rethink if it worth the money. Any idea why are there two acceptance forms ? Green and white

I know my interview is still weeks away, but did they mention anything about the dual 6 year degree with penn law?

Nope either... Now I start to rethink if it worth the money. Any idea why are there two acceptance forms ? Green and white

In pretty sure the white is for your records and the green is to be mailed to them. Look at the bottom of the page on either one of them and you'll see it says to hand in the green one. Hope that helps.

Oops.. You right... Mail the green copy... Remember we were the only 2 internationals at our interview? She told us to take a nap when she talked about loans, military stuff lol... Have u decided which school to attend?

In pretty sure the white is for your records and the green is to be mailed to them. Look at the bottom of the page on either one of them and you'll see it says to hand in the green one. Hope that helps.

Oops.. You right... Mail the green copy... Remember we were the only 2 internationals at our interview? She told us to take a nap when she talked about loans, military stuff lol... Have u decided which school to attend?

Haha yea, I remember. As for which school, all things considered I'm pretty certain ill accept Penn. My other options are UDM and Minnesota. Both are great schools, but I think I'm gonna enjoy the atmosphere as Penn. Have you?

Hello,

I have a question for those who got accepted from UPenn. I am also in and I have read the student handbook. According to it on page 31, we are supposed to finish the criminal background check through Certiphi Screening. I am done with that, but on the bottom of the page, they say about FBI civil applicant responses which is a separate clearance not handled by Certiphi Screening Inc. Do we need to do by clicking the link information? Is there anyone who has done with it??

Thanks and happy holidays guys and Congratulations to all :)!

I only applied to two schools and UMN put me on the waitlist...( maybe they ll give ur spot to me if u withdraw lol...) So yeah I will be going to Penn !! I really enjoyed everything (except the dated facilities) about the school and the city! I am glad u have decided too! See u around next fall!!

Haha yea, I remember. As for which school, all things considered I'm pretty certain ill accept Penn. My other options are UDM and Minnesota. Both are great schools, but I think I'm gonna enjoy the atmosphere as Penn. Have you?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we dont need to worry about these for now.. We will be given instructions on completing these later.

Hello,

I have a question for those who got accepted from UPenn. I am also in and I have read the student handbook. According to it on page 31, we are supposed to finish the criminal background check through Certiphi Screening. I am done with that, but on the bottom of the page, they say about FBI civil applicant responses which is a separate clearance not handled by Certiphi Screening Inc. Do we need to do by clicking the link information? Is there anyone who has done with it??

Thanks and happy holidays guys and Congratulations to all :)!

I only applied to two schools and UMN put me on the waitlist...( maybe they ll give ur spot to me if u withdraw lol...) So yeah I will be going to Penn !! I really enjoyed everything (except the dated facilities) about the school and the city! I am glad u have decided too! See u around next fall!!

For sure man. See you in august.

Also, if there is a current student out there with some free time, it would helpful if they could answer some if the questions on the following thread. Instead of having to repeat answers to similar questions over and over, it can all be in one place.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=870235

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
probably a dumb question but i can't find it anywhere.

To whom do we address our checks for our deposits to? The trustees?

thanks

probably a dumb question but i can't find it anywhere.

To whom do we address our checks for our deposits to? The trustees?

thanks

Trustees. Instructions are on the bottom of the back page of the green form you need to mail in.

Congratulations on acceptance. I can't wait to start Penn.

Trustees. Instructions are on the bottom of the back page of the green form you need to mail in.

Congratulations on acceptance. I can't wait to start Penn.

Thanks I knew I saw it somewhere.

Congrats to u too!

for those who had an interview, what time did the interview end? I'm trying to book a flight right now and trying to calculate everything. Thanks!

for those who had an interview, what time did the interview end? I'm trying to book a flight right now and trying to calculate everything. Thanks!

I heard that it ends by 230/3. I have a 545 flight to catch out of philly to las vegas day of the interview

I heard that it ends by 230/3. I have a 545 flight to catch out of philly to las vegas day of the interview

Sounds about right. Ours ended around 2:15. There really was no formal ending to the day as it just became a bunch of mini discussions we were having with a couple of the upper years in that one room. Ms. Loyola then told us that we can leave whenever we want since there was nothing else planned. I was back at the hotel by 2:30. You guys will enjoy they day they have prepared for the interviewees. Very relaxed yet professional.

Good luck.

Hey guys. I noticed that in the interview invitation letter, it indicates that we have to send a official transcript. Do we have to re-send the transcript that we have sent to AADSAS?

Thanks

Anyone know the best place to live in center city in terms of convenience and cost? I don't think I want to live in west Philly

Hey man I got into Minnesota yesterday and I will def turn it down.... Now starting to look at housing in Philly. Have you looked places to live yet?

You have a send a transcript directly from your university's registrar to Penn. Nothing through AADSAS.

Ah..Thanks. I think I spent quite a few dollars just sending transcripts this year.:oops:

No problem. I know what you mean. So many little costs that add up over time. Good luck my fellow Canuck (at least I'm assuming you are).

Hey man I got into Minnesota yesterday and I will def turn it down.... Now starting to look at housing in Philly. Have you looked places to live yet?

Hey. I've kind of looked here and there online, but nothing serious yet though. I should get on that. You?

No problem. I know what you mean. So many little costs that add up over time. Good luck my fellow Canuck (at least I'm assuming you are).

Hey. I've kind of looked here and there online, but nothing serious yet though. I should get on that. You?

Thanks dude. Hopefully I can meet you guys in August

I PM you.

Just got an interview invite for Feb...was not expecting to hear back. Haha. But I'm excited! They had asked for my fall grades back in Dec and then i got the email inviting me to the interview just yesterday.

Any advice on what the interview day looks like and what to expect? I've never been to the east coast before so I know I'm in for a trip.

Just got an interview invite for Feb...was not expecting to hear back. Haha. But I'm excited! They had asked for my fall grades back in Dec and then i got the email inviting me to the interview just yesterday.

Any advice on what the interview day looks like and what to expect? I've never been to the east coast before so I know I'm in for a trip.

Congrats. Its a really relaxed environment. At the start its more of discussions and talks that's common for everyone. Then you'll have the scheduled interviews and tours of the school. Remember there are two interviews; one closed and one open. To end the day there is a lunch and discussion with the upper years. Have fun & Good luck.

hello colleagues. I made it! See you guys in August hopefully! Now to figure out where to live..