***The Official Rutgers Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from NY and I can drive there on interview day if I wake up really early. Do you guys think I should drive there the day of or get a place to stay the night?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from NY and I can drive there on interview day if I wake up really early. Do you guys think I should drive there the day of or get a place to stay the night?
No, I HIGHLY recommend not driving the morning of. The traffic in NY can be a nightmare and I'm assuming you've never been to rutgers, so finding parking/where to go may take more time than you think. The last thing you want to do is stress out about finding where to go instead of concentrating and preparing for the interview. Drive the night/day before and stay at a hotel and relax. Also, you'll get more sleep and you'll probably perform better during your interview.

Edit: if you're really tight on money, then it's understandable. However, I, personally, wouldn't do that.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how strict they are on rescheduling an interview..? I already have an interview scheduled for that day, and ive paid for my flights/hotels
They have 15 or so Friday's set aside for interviews. Maybe you can send them a list of days your available and see what they can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you mean NYC, you can hop on NJTransit and take a ride to Newark. The school has a free shuttle service to and from the train station (about 7-10 minutes away) and there's always Uber. No need to drive.

They have 15 or so Friday's set aside for interviews. Maybe you can send them a list of days your available and see what they can do.
Yeah....I just asked if there were any future dates available that I could interview on. I don't want to leave the impression that they're accommodating my schedule :p

Yeah....I just asked if there were any future dates available that I could interview on. I don't want to leave the impression that they're accommodating my schedule :p
Bro, with your interview creds so far, it sounds like they're all going to have to fight for you ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question for y'all, on AADSAS when looking at the Rutgers Program overview it says "The minimum pre-dental courses required at time of application are..." then it goes on to list the courses but I'm currently finishing up my last physics class, can I still apply? I know for other schools you can apply even if the prerequisites are in-progress but the wording here makes it seem like I need done first before I can apply :(

Are we paying the supp fee only after they contact us?

Just got an interview for septembee 15th , but I need to reschedule it too :/

Interview #3
School: Rutgers
Notification date: 2017/08/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Canadian/International?
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/2017
Application complete date: 07/18/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/21/no

much excite!!! :D

Interview #3
Notification date: 2017/08/17
Residency: Canadian/International?
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/07/2017
Application complete date: 07/18/2017
GPA (science, overall): 3.82, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/21/no

much excite!!! :D

Hey! Congrats for the invite! Did you receive an email from Rutgers confirming that they have received the supplemental fee?

Interview invitation. 9/15.International student currently lives in Ohio. Does anyone have the interview on the same day? I need to find a roommate(female)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students know the specialization rate at rutgers?
Do you mean the rate at which students choose to specialize or the acceptance rate of students into specialty programs?

Either way, here's your answer from last year.

Match Day: Rate Far Above National Average | RSDM News

Rutgers is definitely focused on educating competent general dentists, first and foremost, and has well above average clinical requirements in order to graduate.

Last edited:
Hey! Congrats for the invite! Did you receive an email from Rutgers confirming that they have received the supplemental fee?
Nope! the only email i got before that was the email saying that they received my AADSAS app

How strict are they with the requirement of two science professor recommendations?

Nope! the only email i got before that was the email saying that they received my AADSAS app

Damn, I am also a Canadian, but I am pretty sure my scores were low :(
Which other schools did you apply to and got interviews at?

Damn, I am also a Canadian, but I am pretty sure my scores were low :(
Which other schools did you apply to and got interviews at?
Detroit and Nova. If you want you can PM me and we can talk in more detail, but that's up to you

Got an interview as well today for August 29th!

Last edited:
Hey congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats and if you're IS/OOS?
GPA: 3.5 sGPA 3.4 (Competitive school)
DAT: AA 23 TS 21
In-State
I also did the Gateway program January of 2017.

First interview 09/29/17!

Notification date: 08/23/17
Residency: Oklahoma
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/15/17
Application complete date: Not complete yet
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/25/no

My GPA isn't too crazy and I submitted lateish, but I have an arts background and I've heard that Rutgers tends to value that.

First interview 09/29/17!

Notification date: 08/23/17
Residency: Oklahoma
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/15/17
Application complete date: Not complete yet
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/21/25/no

My GPA isn't too crazy and I submitted lateish, but I have an arts background and I've heard that Rutgers tends to value that.
Congrats. What time did you get the email good sir/madam?

Interview number 3
OOS
Notified august 15
3.78 gpa 23aa 22ts
Interview date September 8th

Hey guys, thinking of adding Rutgers, stats are: 25AA/24TS/22PAT, oGPA > 3.8, sGPA > 3.9, but how strict are they on AP Credit? My university accepted all of my AP Credit units and I did well in all of my upper divs even though I skipped a lot of the prereq stuff. Advice?

Well, their website says that they don't accept any AP credits, but you should probably shoot them an e-mail and find out. Something tells me that they will think your application has enough positive qualities.

Well, their website says that they don't accept any AP credits, but you should probably shoot them an e-mail and find out. Something tells me that they will think your application has enough positive qualities.
Yes I saw that too, but I had all that AP credit transferred before I even thought about going into Dentistry lol :( will do, thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I saw that too, but I had all that AP credit transferred before I even thought about going into Dentistry lol :( will do, thanks!
No offense but I don't they care if you took AP credits before or after you thought about dentistry. But they might make an exception.

That wasn't really the question...more like how strict are they on enforcing the "no AP Credit allowed" statement.
Its very unlikely they'll make an exception for you. In my experience, admissions is very strict with their requirements and will not count AP credit towards any of the requirements. Your stats are very competitive, but they have enough competitive applicants to be stubborn about these things.

Its very unlikely they'll make an exception for you. In my experience, admissions is very strict with their requirements and will not count AP credit towards any of the requirements. Your stats are very competitive, but they have enough competitive applicants to be stubborn about these things.
Sent them an email, hopefully they have good news for me! Sucks how although I did use AP credit, I did well in all my upper divs...Boston allows me to use upper divs in place, hopefully Rutgers will allow me to do something similar! :angelic:

Sent them an email, hopefully they have good news for me! Sucks how although I did use AP credit, I did well in all my upper divs...Boston allows me to use upper divs in place, hopefully Rutgers will allow me to do something similar! :angelic:
Hopefully they will! I just know that usually, they're strict. If they do allow you to apply, definitely check the program out and send in an app! You'll definitely have a good chance at getting an interview and I (totally biased) think it's a great place! Best of luck!

I e-mail Rutgers about my AP physics. They told me I could take whatever upper-level physics with lab.

I e-mail Rutgers about my AP physics. They told me I could take whatever upper-level physics with lab.
Do you think it would be the same for Chem and Bio? I emailed them already but since it's the weekend...Hopefully I will get a reply tomorrow morning.

Do you think it would be the same for Chem and Bio? I emailed them already but since it's the weekend...Hopefully I will get a reply tomorrow morning.
If they made the exception for physics they'll probably make the exception for bio and chem if you can prove that you can handle college level bio and chem. Hope they reply soon! Good luck

does anyone know what to expect from the interview? Are they more laid back and is it an open file interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.