***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind linking those forums here? I’d love to read them!
Do you know if people got accepted even though their status was unchanged?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you mind linking those forums here? I’d love to read them!

I think they are referring to the
No I didn’t. But tbh I haven’t kept up with my portal till a couple days ago so idk

In previous posts I have read, it looks like everyone who recieved a status change to “Check back December” were offered an acceptance. I have not yet read about an instance where someone’s status did not chance and they recieved an acceptance on December 1 (but this is only from researching on SDN so who knows). Good luck :)

~7:12 was last year according to 2021

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you tell if your on waitlist ?

It’s just a guess. But I emailed them and they said that they’re accepting more that interviewed in January. Seems like they’re doing it in two rounds.

Meaning there may be another batch of acceptances in January for those who already interviewed this year.

Yeah so if you interviewed before December and didn’t get accepted or even notified (like me) then don’t fret bc they’re sending out more acceptances in January.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are y’all choosing SIU instead of another school? Curious! Would love feedback!

I haven't heard back yet but its easily 200k cheaper then the other school that I got accepted to and I love the small class sizes I feel that a more personal education would help me out a lot. I am worried that they don't record lectures, most schools do now.

I haven't heard back yet but its easily 200k cheaper then the other school that I got accepted to and I love the small class sizes I feel that a more personal education would help me out a lot. I am worried that they don't record lectures, most schools do now.

Yeah they don’t record lectures. Idk the school seemed really outdated to me but then again idk

Hey guys,
congrats on those who have been accepted into the class. I made a Facebook group if those accepted would like to join. If there's already a group let me know lol

I have not received an interview yet, so anyone that hasn’t received an interview yet, do you know of any updates for when they will be inviting for post december interviews or if they are?

I have not received an interview yet, so anyone that hasn’t received an interview yet, do you know of any updates for when they will be inviting for post december interviews or if they are?

Not sure when they'll send out interviews but I know they don't plan on finalizing their class until May or june.

does anyone know the academic calendar for the school? There's nothing online about it

Can anyone who has interviewed tell me what the interview was like please. Thanks in advance and congratulations to those who have already been accepted

Can anyone who has interviewed tell me what the interview was like please. Thanks in advance and congratulations to those who have already been accepted
Interviews were really conversational. They are mostly trying to get a feel for your personality. There are 3 interviewers, each ~20min long. Make sure to have lots of questions to ask. Good luck!

is there a class rank and grading system at the school? Also does anyone have any ideas of good places to live? Thanks!

I'm a recent alumnus and have spoken to SIU on this forum several times in the past. In short, you'd be hard pressed to find a school that provides as good of a clinical education in conjunction with the tuition.

I'm a recent alumnus and have spoken to SIU on this forum several times in the past. In short, you'd be hard pressed to find a school that provides as good of a clinical education in conjunction with the tuition.
I messaged you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using SDN mobile

SIUs easily my first but I haven't heard anything since my interview in September do you think it's normal to be waiting this long? I figured if they'd wanted to reject me they would have already on December 3rd.

SIUs easily my first but I haven't heard anything since my interview in September do you think it's normal to be waiting this long? I figured if they'd wanted to reject me they would have already on December 3rd.
Was there anyone that was waitlisted because I feel like they didn't send out any rejections or waitlist.

How things have been handled in the past is that about half the class is accepted on Dec 1st and the rest are sent in the next couple months. Many people that interviewed before dec each year are accepted later in Jan, Feb, March. I would say about half my class was accepted in dec

Reactions: 1 users
How things have been handled in the past is that about half the class is accepted on Dec 1st and the rest are sent in the next couple months. Many people that interviewed before dec each year are accepted later in Jan, Feb, March. I would say about half my class was accepted in dec

Thank you! do you know if they send out waitlist emails? or do we just assume that if were not accepted or rejected yet were on the waitlist?

Thank you! do you know if they send out waitlist emails? or do we just assume that if were not accepted or rejected yet were on the waitlist?
There is no waitlist emails but if you haven't gotten a rejection you're still in the running. The term waitlist isn't really used by admissions at SIU as far as I'm aware but from a practical standpoint if you're not accepted in dec you're on the waitlist. I believe admissions purposely does not accept the entire class in dec so you're not depending on people declining their acceptances to get off the waitlist like you may other places.

Just want to add a disclaimer to not take my comments as fact, but this is what I'm familiar with how things operated while I was there in recent history.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.