***The Official Southern Illinois University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Will SIU be sending out acceptances again any time soon?

Tomorrow hopefully the day?
I called on Monday and I was told the committee hasn't even met yet after the first acceptances were sent out on Dec 3rd. I hope tomorrow is the day too, but I have a feeling it might not be?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the update! I’m really hoping we hear soon
I called on Monday and I was told the committee hasn't even met yet after the first acceptances were sent out on Dec 3rd. I hope tomorrow is the day too, but I have a feeling it might not be?

Reactions: 1 users

Did they say anything about when they think the next batch will be? I have an interview coming up elsewhere but I was hoping I'd hear back from SIU so I could cancel it if I got accepted

Did they say anything about when they think the next batch will be? I have an interview coming up elsewhere but I was hoping I'd hear back from SIU so I could cancel it if I got accepted
Nope, I didn't get any info about that but I didn't ask! Feel free to call, ask and let us all know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called, committee have not met for the second wave yet. Keep those fingers crossed!

Reactions: 4 users
I just called, they said that admissions are on a rolling basis now. I asked if her if the committee would be meeting again and she said yes but didn’t tell me when.

Does that mean that they sent out a second round of acceptances, or have they still not met yet?

I’m not sure. I was wondering the same thing. She didn’t really give me a clear answer
to me, rolling admission means that they continue to look at applications whenever they meet for whoever has interviewed and they can still send out more interviews each time they review the applications. Sounds like they have not met to review the applicants that have interviewed already in order to decide if they want to send out more acceptances. Wonder what is taking them this long?

Ugh, I wanna cry lol. I wish they would just send out the second round already. :(((((

Reactions: 3 users
Does that mean that they sent out a second round of acceptances, or have they still not met yet?

Doubtful, people will post here saying they've been accepted when they get the news

Accepted today. Interviewed back in spet

Is that an accurate number though? If you look at the class of 2021-2023 pages they all have over 100 members
I don't think the fb groups reflect the accurate number bc for UIC, there are at least six people that have chosen to go to another school, or are current UIC students that joined the group just to answer the questions we may have.

I don't think the fb groups reflect the accurate number bc for UIC, there are at least six people that have chosen to go to another school, or are current UIC students that joined the group just to answer the questions we may have.

It would seem kind of odd to only have 7 spots left in early February but what do I know

anyone hear anything from them lately? interviewed back in september and still silent

I received an acceptance recently. I am most likely going to be turning it down.

Whenever I see an email notification I get so excited, but it always turns out to be from H&M or Kohls

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone who interviewed in January hear anything back yet?

Interviewed in January got accepted early February. Turned down my offer today. Hope one of y’all get the blessing

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when more acceptances will go out? My next deposit is due for my other school and I’m just getting anxious

Anyone know when more acceptances will go out? My next deposit is due for my other school and I’m just getting anxious
I feel like Siu gives out acceptances pretty randomly. I doubt anyone knows an exact time period.

Things are a little different this cycle for some reason. I don't think anyone has an accurate timeline for when acceptances may be sent out. According to last year's SDN thread, the second wave of acceptances should have been sent out a while ago. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. If I was in your position, I would pay your deposit because you don't want to risk losing a seat at an accepted school. Best of luck to you all and stay patient.

Things are a little different this cycle for some reason. I don't think anyone has an accurate timeline for when acceptances may be sent out. According to last year's SDN thread, the second wave of acceptances should have been sent out a while ago. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is. If I was in your position, I would pay your deposit because you don't want to risk losing a seat at an accepted school. Best of luck to you all and stay patient.

I'm pretty sure there have been more than one round of acceptances already, as the user above mentioned he got accepted in early February. Also there's quite a large number of people in the 2024 fb page and only a handful are current students in it