*** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this email ‘under review’ . AADSAS application changed from ‘under review ‘ to ‘none’

My status still says Received/Under review and I received that e-mail as well for the first time. Hmmm ...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the interview questions are?

NO! Sit there and nervously/ awkwardly answer like the rest of us while trying to ignore the camera recording us!
But seriously, look at the interview feedback page.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth calling them to see where they are in the interview process? My stats are above their averages, but I haven’t heard anything from temple and they are one of my top choices and I am freaking out. Any advice?

Is it worth calling them to see where they are in the interview process? My stats are above their averages, but I haven’t heard anything from temple and they are one of my top choices and I am freaking out. Any advice?
I wouldn't think so. Just be patient with the process. The interview will come when it's supposed to. Schools generally do not appreciate you calling and checking on the status, especially since Temple has been so communicative with these 'under review' e-mails.

Granted, I don't have the stats to say that I'm above average by any means, but I submitted in early June, and I still haven't heard back either.

I wouldn't think so. Just be patient with the process. The interview will come when it's supposed to. Schools generally do not appreciate you calling and checking on the status, especially since Temple has been so communicative with these 'under review' e-mails.

Granted, I don't have the stats to say that I'm above average by any means, but I submitted in early June, and I still haven't heard back either.
Thank you I will keep this in mind good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Any interviews out for Advanced Standing placements for international dentists?

Just received a call from Temple Dental asking if I have any questions and after reviewing my interview they are highly recommending me and to remind me that the first wave of acceptances is Dec 3. Not sure if it's a hoax or not. They're my top school because I'm from Philly and IS. But I've never heard that dental schools do this?!

Question is, anybody else getting this?!

And of course, just wanted to add. Not getting my hopes up because it's not a yes unless it's a yes in the form of an acceptance!

Just received a call from Temple Dental asking if I have any questions and after reviewing my interview they are highly recommending me and to remind me that the first wave of acceptances is Dec 3. Not sure if it's a hoax or not. They're my top school because I'm from Philly and IS. But I've never heard that dental schools do this?!

Question is, anybody else getting this?!

Got a similar call and know of a few others who did as well. Hopefully its good news come Dec 3rd!

Interview #7
School:
Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry
Notification date: 10/31/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/22/2018
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/BIO/GC/OC/RC/QR): 21/21/20/24/22/21/20
Interview Date: November 13th

I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, but does anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?

Got a similar call and know of a few others who did as well. Hopefully its good news come Dec 3rd!

I didn't get a call. Is it safe to assume that I'm not getting an offer next month? Also are they allowed to do that? I think VCU said that they (as in dental schools) are not allowed to reach out to us in anyway until Dec 3.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a call. Is it safe to assume that I'm not getting an offer next month? Also are they allowed to do that? I think VCU said that they (as in dental schools) are not allowed to reach out to us in anyway until Dec 3.....

Nah, don't assume anything. UF, my state school, did similar calls last year and a bunch of people got rejected after the call, others didn't even get the call and got in. Maybe they haven't gotten to you yet or we've interviewed earlier than you, don't stress it.

Reactions: 1 users

Yea, really don't think too much into it. I'm trying not to think too much about it- getting a call means rejected/accepted etc etc. It could mean anything. I just wanted to know if others had a similar thing happen. I was interviewed pretty early in so I'm not sure if that has to do with anything linking to the call but yeah don't stress about it.

I got the call today. I was tired and I'm not sure if I sounded super excited about the school :nailbiting:. I'm nervous now thinking that he may have gotten the wrong impression. This waiting game is messing up with my head

Last edited:
To all of y'all who got the call, when did y'all interview? I have yet to receive one and I interviewed mid October.

Anyway, hope we all hear the good news come December 3rd

To all of y'all who got the call, when did y'all interview? I have yet to receive one and I interviewed mid October.

I like your profile name... it's helping me try to remain positive

I interviewed at the end of September. I’m sure they’ll call you soon

I've got an interview date of Nov. 7th!

Did you apply for 4 year dental school or 2 years Advanced Standing for International Students? Any news for interview for International Students?

I got the call today. I was tired and I'm not sure if I sounded super excited about the school :nailbiting:. I'm nervous now thinking that he may have gotten the wrong impression. This waiting game is messing up with my head

you're not the only one lol I was working and decided to pick it up thinking it was from another school I have an interview at the next day. Thinking to myself after I hung up, I should've been more excited sounding because it's one of my top schools.

For those who already interviewed, what did you your application status change to on the AADSAS Portal?

For those who already interviewed, what did you your application status change to on the AADSAS Portal?

Hey! Its "Received/Application Complete." If I remember correctly, it changed that same interview day.

Got a still in review email again today. Is that a good sign? When does Temple interview till?

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone not get the email today?

Temple: UNDER REVIEW
Just put me out of my misery :-(

Also got the "currently active and under review" email. This is my second time.

I got the email again for the second time as well, hopefully we hear some good news soon

So I guess the competitive phone calls are just a one time thing hehehe, still waiting for mine, will probably be waiting for a long time hahaha

I actually got a call yesterday morning and they asked if I had any more questions for them that wasn't covered in the interview.

I was really tired and I had just woken up so I said all my questions were answered that day, and that actually is true. Not sure what to think of this though.

I actually got a call yesterday morning and they asked if I had any more questions for them that wasn't covered in the interview.

I was really tired and I had just woken up so I said all my questions were answered that day, and that actually is true. Not sure what to think of this though.
Sounds like a good sign. When was your interview?

All of those who received the under-review email for the third time; did you apply through AADSAS or CAAPID (Advanced Standing Dental Program for International Dentists)?
Thanks.

All of those who received the under-review email for the third time; did you apply through AADSAS or CAAPID (Advanced Standing Dental Program for International Dentists)?
Thanks.
I applied through aadsas and got it three times

Hi everyone. Has anyone's status on AADSAS changed to "none"? Mine changed to "received/ application complete" right after I interviewed and hasn't changed since. I was reading on posts from last year that those that changed to "none" got acceptances. Does anyone know anything about this? I know I sound psychotic but I'm actually so anxious lol. My stats were lower than temple's average but I got a pre-December interview so i'm hanging on to a sliver of hope!

Hi everyone. Has anyone's status on AADSAS changed to "none"? Mine changed to "received/ application complete" right after I interviewed and hasn't changed since. I was reading on posts from last year that those that changed to "none" got acceptances. Does anyone know anything about this? I know I sound psychotic but I'm actually so anxious lol. My stats were lower than temple's average but I got a pre-December interview so i'm hanging on to a sliver of hope!
I’m on the same boat as you brother, slightly lower stats than the average for the class admitted last year. However we wouldn’t be granted an interview if the stats weren’t up to par for the schools standard. Obviously stats aren’t everything as there are students with better stats than the average who were never given an interview to begin with.
As for the status on Adsaas, from my own research it doesn’t really mean anything. Some people last year had their status changed to none, but were never accepted, and vice versa.
Trust me we’re all very anxious. Just stay positive and hope for the best. We’re all gonna make it :)

my aadsas decision status changed to none. what could this mean? :thinking:

Going to echo what was said above with the none situation: there are people who got in and people who didn't get in when their status changed. Just hang tight guys !

Mine too! Interviewed in mid October
Hopefully its a good sign :)

Was also just hit with that "None" status. Whatever it may mean, good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.