*** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Maybe i'm just psyching myself out, but the Temple Class of 2024 had gained 5 new members within the last two weeks. Do we think they sent out more acceptances?
Is there a Facebook page? I’m not sure what you are referring to.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when second round of acceptances are or has anyone been accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I’ll be turning down my spot at Temple. I hope the acceptance goes to one of you soon!

Reactions: 5 users
Received an email indicating that the class is somehow (?) full. Absolutely disheartening to hear given this was my top choice. In-state resident 21 AA/TS...ridiculous

Received an email indicating that the class is somehow (?) full. Absolutely disheartening to hear given this was my top choice. In-state resident 21 AA/TS...ridiculous
received an email that the class is full as well

Have they even sent out any interviews/acceptances post-Dec?

How on earth would their class be full? They haven't done interviews since pre-December! Maybe they extended too many offers on December 2nd?

Really hoping to hear from them soon as someone on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any email saying their class is full, and I'm on the waiting list. That is very weird?

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't get any email saying their class is full, and I'm on the waiting list. That is very weird?

That was a generic rejection email sent out to applicants who have not interviewed.
Being on the waitlist is different. Doesn't matter if the class is full or not.

Lmao so much for that continuing to interview through June email. High hopes everyone, it’s not over til it’s over

What I think will happen is they will soon send acceptances to people on the waitlist as the second wave(those on waitlist did not get the class is full/post back email). Whatever spots are left after the first deposit due date( for those accepted of the waitlist), will be given to either whoever remained interested off the waitlist or those who they want to interview specifically.

Do you guys know anyone in the admissions that we can contact to know what we can do to improve our application for next time?

Also keep in mind that there are most likely still people with multiple deposits down!! In March when they have to decide on one school there will probably be some movement :)

Lmao so much for that continuing to interview through June email. High hopes everyone, it’s not over til it’s over
I think that was a generic rejection letter, I still think they are interviewing and still accepting but I do not know what they're looking for as far as candidates this year because they rejected applicants with very high stats....

How on earth would their class be full? They haven't done interviews since pre-December! Maybe they extended too many offers on December 2nd?

Really hoping to hear from them soon as someone on the waitlist.
I think that was a generic rejection letter, I still think they are interviewing and still accepting but I do not know what they're looking for as far as candidates this year because they rejected applicants with very high stats....
It seems like they rejected those who haven’t interviewed yet

It seems like they rejected those who haven’t interviewed yet
I have not interviewed and I do not think I will get an interview this year but I got an email on the 14th saying my application is active and currently under review and they will notify me when there is a status change on my application. I feel like and judging from their Facebook group they are not done for this cycle.

I have not interviewed and I do not think I will get an interview this year but I got an email on the 14th saying my application is active and currently under review and they will notify me when there is a status change on my application. I feel like and judging from their Facebook group they are not done for this cycle.

If everyone who hasn't interviewed received the email stating the class is full, I am 100% sure that they are done with interviews.
If anything, they'll just pull people off the waitlist. It seems like it hasn't moved at all yet.

If everyone who hasn't interviewed received the email stating the class is full, I am 100% sure that they are done with interviews.
If anything, they'll just pull people off the waitlist. It seems like it hasn't moved at all yet.
I have not interviewed and I know couple of people that have not interviewed and they all received the same email on the same day they sent the rejection letters saying they are still actively interviewing candidates. I think they rejected applicants they already reviewed their application. again I do not know because I applied super late and I emailed the admission and they confirmed to me that they are still interviewing. I think some people who already interviewed

I have not interviewed and I know couple of people that have not interviewed and they all received the same email on the same day they sent the rejection letters saying they are still actively interviewing candidates. I think they rejected applicants they already reviewed their application. again I do not know because I applied super late and I emailed the admission and they confirmed to me that they are still interviewing. I think some people who already interviewed

I am not referring to the continued review email. I am talking about the "class is full" email. I honestly believe it. Over the past 2 years, they've only had like 2-3 interviews dates past Feb. and only took a few people from them. Don't get your hopes high. Take the email for what it is.
If it happens to be a mistake and they continue to interview, then great!

I am not referring to the continued review email. I am talking about the "class is full" email. I honestly believe it. Over the past 2 years, they've only had like 2-3 interviews dates past Feb. and only took a few people from them. Don't get your hopes high. Take the email for what it is.
If it happens to be a mistake and they continue to interview, then great!
I am not getting my hopes high or anything as I said I have applied super late (post-dec) and dont think they will call me for an interview or anything and have already started preparing for the next cycle but I am saying at it is. if it was a mistake by their side then why would they confirm it when I emailed them. I am saying for anyone who has or hasn't interviewed that it is not over yet. It is still freaking Feb if you look back at last cycle they interviewed through march do not lose your hopes because someone else got a rejection letter it is not over until they send you a rejection letter. STAY POSITIVE

I am not getting my hopes high or anything as I said I have applied super late (post-dec) and dont think they will call me for an interview or anything and have already started preparing for the next cycle but I am saying at it is. if it was a mistake by their side then why would they confirm it when I emailed them. I am saying for anyone who has or hasn't interviewed that it is not over yet. It is still freaking Feb if you look back at last cycle they interviewed through march do not lose your hopes because someone else got a rejection letter it is not over until they send you a rejection letter. STAY POSITIVE

You emailed them yesterday and already got a response?

is there a Facebook page created for Class of 2024? I can’t find one..

I think Temple has had the oddest selection cycle for dental school this year. I don’t know what they’re going to do with the waitlist (very little info). They haven’t requested interviews, but it’s obvious their class is not full. I just wish I could know so I could have closure and just finalize where I’m going to dental school ( as temple is the only school (pa resident) I would consider over where I’m currently set to go).

I think Temple has had the oddest selection cycle for dental school this year. I don’t know what they’re going to do with the waitlist (very little info). They haven’t requested interviews, but it’s obvious their class is not full. I just wish I could know so I could have closure and just finalize where I’m going to dental school ( as temple is the only school (pa resident) I would consider over where I’m currently set to go).

They've always been like this. No one really knows what's going on with them

Post bacc email here - my friend who went to temple told me it is a rejection but school still gives out acceptance in April. Good luck guys.

So according to your friend, temples class size isnt full, and the email was a form of rejection? And just to clarify, they will only be handing out acceptances to those on the waitlist from now on, as they wont be conducting more interviews?

Would you mind showing us what the email said?

omg I am sorry I just logged back in but yes they're still interviewing. sorry had to hide some personal info.

Attachments

• sud.jpg
    sud.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 188
So according to your friend, temples class size isnt full, and the email was a form of rejection? And just to clarify, they will only be handing out acceptances to those on the waitlist from now on, as they wont be conducting more interviews?
according to their admission, they are still interviewing. do not lose hope guys. it is not over yet till they send you a rejection letter.

Did you receive the “class is full “ email with the post bac invitation email after that ? I got those so I figured it was a rejection :/
no I have not received that email. I received an email saying they still consider my application for this cycle a day prior so when people posted it I was very confused and emailed the school and they told me they are still interviewing.

I spoke with David Dams about whether or not the class of 2024 is full and he said it is full for those who haven't interviewed. For those on the waitlist, we just have to obviously wait and see if people who were accepted put their second deposit down on March 1st. The admissions committee will then reconvene if there is spots open. He also mentioned that it isn't over for those on the waitlist up until first day of classes because things can always change. Stay hopeful guys.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody else been invited to interview for the post bacc program? Does anybody know anything about the post bacc interviews?

I spoke with David Dams about whether or not the class of 2024 is full and he said it is full for those who haven't interviewed. For those on the waitlist, we just have to obviously wait and see if people who were accepted put their second deposit down on March 1st. The admissions committee will then reconvene if there is spots open. He also mentioned that it isn't over for those on the waitlist up until first day of classes because things can always change. Stay hopeful guys.

Glad that you were able to get confirmation from him. So time to speculate. Interviews are over. Temple's facebook group has 85 members and seems like ~10 are not part of the D2024 class. No way in hell ~60 students from the class aren't in the group yet. My guess is they are saving seats for some of their post-bacc students. Possibly waiting for their final grades? That tells me that there should be movement after the 2nd deposit deadline and end of April when their post-bacc program ends. So for those on the waitlist, don't lose hope!

Glad that you were able to get confirmation from him. So time to speculate. Interviews are over. Temple's facebook group has 85 members and seems like ~10 are not part of the D2024 class. No way in hell ~60 students from the class aren't in the group yet. My guess is they are saving seats for some of their post-bacc students. Possibly waiting for their final grades? That tells me that there should be movement after the 2nd deposit deadline and end of April when their post-bacc program ends. So for those on the waitlist, don't lose hope!

Isn’t their class size around 120?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah my friend who’s in the dental school said they’re waiting on post bacc scores

Is their post bacc class size 40? It seems like there's still a good chance for those on the waitlist, if roughly 80-90 people currently have seats and say half the post bacc class accepts a seat, still seems like there'd be 30 or so spots left. I wonder how big the waitlist is. I feel like since they didn't do post-December interviews, they probably interviewed more competitive applicants who may have accepted offers elsewhere?

Is their post bacc class size 40? It seems like there's still a good chance for those on the waitlist, if roughly 80-90 people currently have seats and say half the post bacc class accepts a seat, still seems like there'd be 30 or so spots left. I wonder how big the waitlist is. I feel like since they didn't do post-December interviews, they probably interviewed more competitive applicants who may have accepted offers elsewhere?
I am hoping that’s the case. And I was wondering the same as to how many people there are on the waitlist. Hopefully we start to hear soon!

Reactions: 1 users

According to a student in the program, the post-bacc class is 65 and as of now only ~15 or so students have been accepted to the class of 2024.
They are currently waiting for final grades for the other students so don't expect the waitlist to move for a while.

According to a student in the program, the post-bacc class is 65 and as of now only ~15 or so students have been accepted to the class of 2024.
They are currently waiting for final grades for the other students so don't expect the waitlist to move for a while.
the admissions director told me that they would probably move around end of march, and from previous years a lot of acceptances in april as well

the admissions director told me that they would probably move around end of march, and from previous years a lot of acceptances in april as well

Not a lot, but a few. Previous years also had multiple post-Dec interviews. Seems like there are none this year so probably even less acceptances since its strictly waitlist movement now.