****The Official Touro Class of 2023 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You weren’t waitlisted were you
No, I never received an e-mail prior to my interview e-mail stating that I was waitlisted. Sometime in December, I got an e-mail stating that I have an interview opportunity. Then, after the interview date on January 23rd, I got an e-mail with an acceptance letter.

Hopefully that helps

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite for feb 13th. That’s the only day they have!

I hope you heard back!

Yep, I got waitlisted. I was upset because I thought my interview went great. Sending in a letter of intent and updated letter of refs for them to look over once they start looking over the waitlist in early February. Hopefully then I’ll hear some good news. Thanks for asking!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I got waitlisted. I was upset because I thought my interview went great. Sending in a letter of intent and updated letter of refs for them to look over once they start looking over the waitlist in early February. Hopefully then I’ll hear some good news. Thanks for asking!

i totally understand. i also thought my interview went really well and i was then waitlisted! MAy i ask what your stats are?

How did you know you are waitlisted?

Just got my acceptance e-mail this morning!!! I interviewed on January 23rd (morning session). I'm a Canadian student.

Omg I interviewed in the same session and I'm Canadian too. I haven't heard back though. It's making me really nervous now!!!

i totally understand. i also thought my interview went really well and i was then waitlisted! MAy i ask what your stats are?

O.gpa 3.45 s.gpa 3.1 DAT: 20 Bio:19 GC:19 Orgo: 23 RC: 20 QR:20 PAT: 23

I also interviewed on the 23rd morning. Is there a particular order they send out their emails?

I interviewed that day too morning session. The anxiety is killing meeeee.

Got an interview here and would like to know if you guys have any suggestions regarding the interview. Any responses regarding how the interview was, the questions asked (if possible), how long did the whole session take, would help a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone add me to the facebook group? I sent a request and still haven't been accepted yet. DM here so I can give you my full name.

Anyone have ideas of why to choose Touro over any other school? Specifically, my other option is ASDOH. I'm just thinking of money not being a factor since the cost of living is higher in NY but the tuition is higher at ASDOH. I like the block scheduling, no textbooks, and rotation program at ASDOH. Is there anything specifically about Touro that makes it a better program than ASDOH? Or something that other students feel that makes it worth choosing Touro instead? On the flip side, does anyone know of red flags about Touro since it is a newer school? When I interviewed, everyone seemed happy at both places so I'm looking for any other ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:
I interviewed at both schools too. I did like the rotations at ASDOH, but they didn’t seem to have a positive answer when asked if they would teach and allow students to do implants before graduating, whereas Touro told us they intended to. I really felt at peace with the big windows too overlooking the woodlands and natural light pouring in. That kind of thing keeps my spirit lifted daily. I felt even though the campuses are roughly the same size, Touro had the better facilities and environment. I could “live” on campus all day whereas at ASDOH I feel like I might be looking forward to leave campus at the end of the day. I know it’s hard to really judge all this from a few hours visit, but if you have family in NY and can’t imagine surviving the hot summers in AZ, it seems you are already leaning toward Touro too. Are you planning to practice in NY? Then you have to complete a residency anyway when you finish so you’ll still get caught up to speed before you start practicing anyway. Just my thoughts on it.

Does anyone know if its worth it to take Biochemistry 2 this semester, I have been waitlisted from Touro, and wondering if it would help my application???

Does anyone know if its worth it to take Biochemistry 2 this semester, I have been waitlisted from Touro, and wondering if it would help my application???

I don’t know that it would help you move off the waitlist since by the time you finish the course and submit transcripts, they may have already filled each seat by then. But in terms of being more prepared when you do enter dental school, this class will probably be invaluable at making the subject content that much easier to study through. A few students at Touro mentioned a lot of people had to remediate their biochem grade because people weren’t as prepared for this subject as they should have been, and that it was ranked as the hardest subject for everyone to pass.

Just received an email stating my application was placed “on hold” and interviews are conducted until the end of February. Anyone else get this?

Just received an email stating my application was placed “on hold” and interviews are conducted until the end of February. Anyone else get this?
No... and I haven't heard anything since applying.

No... and I haven't heard anything since applying.
I had sent them an update letter so maybe that’s why I got that email. Other than that I hadn’t heard from them since applying.

So... why Touro?

I don't see why Touro would be an option for someone who is already into NYU, Stony, or Buffalo. Is it because Touro is the only option left?

Genuinely curious. It's not cheap. It's new with no graduates. So, why? Enlighten me please!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody who interviewed on January 23, heard back yet?

Just got invited to the masters that guarantees an acceptance when completed. Anyone else receive this? Does this mean if I don’t accept the offer it’s a rejection?

So... why Touro?

I don't see why Touro would be an option for someone who is already into NYU, Stony, or Buffalo. Is it because Touro is the only option left?

Genuinely curious. It's not cheap. It's new with no graduates. So, why? Enlighten me please!
someone please answer this question! I'm also curious

Just got invited to the masters that guarantees an acceptance when completed. Anyone else receive this? Does this mean if I don’t accept the offer it’s a rejection?
I honestly don’t know, could mean they want you to improve a little, but still want you to go to Touro in the future. Would u mind sharing your stats, and when you interviewed?

:-O omg wtf I’ve never even heard of this not even in previous years .......... pls do share stats

Just PM’d y’all, I’m really conflicted this is because I don’t know if I’m still being considered for their DDS program still or not. And if I take this offer, I will be in school for 6 more years!
1 year masters
4 year DDS
Required 1 year residency in NY.
Hope everything is going well for everyone this cycle!

Just PM’d y’all, I’m really conflicted this is because I don’t know if I’m still being considered for their DDS program still or not. And if I take this offer, I will be in school for 6 more years!
1 year masters
4 year DDS
Required 1 year residency in NY.
Hope everything is going well for everyone this cycle!

Are you considering this because

1. You are not accepted elsewhere and this is the only place?

or

2. For whatever reason, you really want to go to Touro, despite other acceptances?

If first, and you aren't accepted to any other dental school, you would have to do something to improve your stats anyway for the second round. It does sound like a good deal if they allow you to go straight into dental school after masters (and there probably is a condition, ex. req A's in classes). You would be saving thousands of dollars on your application the second time around. You should call and find out.

If second, what reason might that be that you really want to go to Touro instead of other places?

4 Year DDS and residency is req for all NY practitioners anyway. The only difference for you is the masters.

Are you considering this because

1. You are not accepted elsewhere and this is the only place?

or

2. For whatever reason, you really want to go to Touro, despite other acceptances?

If first, and you aren't accepted to any other dental school, you would have to do something to improve your stats anyway for the second round. It does sound like a good deal if they allow you to go straight into dental school after masters (and there probably is a condition, ex. req A's in classes). You would be saving thousands of dollars on your application the second time around. You should call and find out.

If second, what reason might that be that you really want to go to Touro instead of other places?

4 Year DDS and residency is req for all NY practitioners anyway. The only difference for you is the masters.

Kind of both but not really so, I interviewed at a few places. Waitlisted at one and I haven’t heard back from two others.

Some people around here make it sound like Touro is a “last resort” when it’s only opened for 3 years. Yes it’s new and yes it has a lot of potential. It was opened to address the Dental Practitioner shortage and from my interview day, it was nothing less than exceptional. The faculty I interviewed with taught at Columbia, moved over to Touro, and said that they enjoyed the ability to teach and integrate new technologies flexibly. Some of the more established schools have a solid curriculum and are unable to accommodate to the students needs. But of course that’s not a bad thing at all. I just enjoy how the faculty truly listens to the students. (Ex. They made biochemistry a two semester course because of how rigorous it was.) The sim lab was honestly one of the best I’ve seen and the clinic is new.
I believe being able to voice and contribute to the future of the school is a great privilege. I’m not worried about the education I will receive because the faculty are experts in their fields. But of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :shrug:

Reactions: 4 users
Current students could speak more of what they think and what they experienced. I was just really sold on my interview day

Reactions: 1 users
Current students could speak more of what they think and what they experienced. I was just really sold on my interview day
Can you pleaaaaaase share your stats and when you interviewed?

Has anybody who interviewed on January 23, heard back yet?

I called the office this morning and they asked me to wait for a few more days because the decision hasn't been made yet...

So... why Touro?

NYU is more expensive than Touro and the class size is ridiculous. I don't know if you're going to get enough practice/one on one experiences with the professors with such a large class size.

Touro has brand new everything, which is one of the main reasons as to why you would pick a dental school, their facilities. As well as, I like the fact that the school is outside of the city, in the suburbs. I do not like living in such a densely packed location. I cannot speak about the client base as of yet, but we'll see.

As a non-new york resident. Again, Buffalo, Stony, and Touro are roughly the same cost per year, hence I would choose Touro for the new facilities and building.

Last edited:
I got an interview invite! For February 27th. :)

Reactions: 1 users
NYU is more expensive than Touro and the class size is ridiculous. I don't know if you're going to get enough practice/one on one experiences with the professors with such a large class size.

Touro has brand new everything, which is one of the main reasons as to why you would pick a dental school, their facilities. As well as, I like the fact that the school is outside of the city, in the suburbs. I do not like living in such a densely packed location. I cannot speak about the client base as of yet, but we'll see.

As a non-new york resident. Again, Buffalo, Stony, and Touro are roughly the same cost per year, hence I would choose Touro for the new facilities and building.

I guess I understand some aspect of this.

NYU does indeed have a large class size and about 100k more by the end of school, but personally, I'd do that over going to a school with no graduates. That just means almost non-existent connections, no information on numbers of specialties, residencies, etc. I guess it just isn't a safe option for me. Also, I lived close by for a long time. It's not just a suburb area; without a car, you're literally trapped in there. One unreliable bus line with one bus every hour.

You get IS for Buffalo and Stony after a year. Cost is not even close to comparing with Touro.

But I get it, new facilities and buildings. Thanks for sharing your aspect of Touro.

Just got the email I was placed on the wait list and just emailed them back that I will be going to another school next year and to take me off. Hopefully the wait list moves on a little better so one of you guys have a better chance!

Annnnnyyy waitlist movementtttt ?!?!?!?!

Annnnnyyy waitlist movementtttt ?!?!?!?!
My email says this about the wait list
The files of wait listed students are not ranked. The Committee will holistically review these files continuously starting in mid-February until registration July 1st, 2019.

My email says this about the wait list
The files of wait listed students are not ranked. The Committee will holistically review these files continuously starting in mid-February until registration July 1st, 2019.
It’s funny because mine says the very beginning of February/ late January and that’s because they extended another interview and I’m po’d because of it lol

It’s funny because mine says the very beginning of February/ late January and that’s because they extended another interview and I’m po’d because of it lol
Did they really? Also did you ever put your deposit for buffalo down?

Status
Not open for further replies.