*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks B4SS!

Still looking for anyone who may know more about how students feel about the new curric, thanks :)
I liked it. More free time during the semester. Study for one subject at a time instead of 10. Improvement for sure and they try to take what previous classes said into account when modifying it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Just FYI if this isn't obvious: if you get the "are you still interested" email you should respond right away, I didn't say anything for two days because I wasn't sure and my portal said "withdrawn before action" so yeah I was surprised but I understand, stay on top of your emails

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is Tufts done with interviews? Will a letter of interest be helpful to receive an interview invite?

Congratulations! How do you know this is their last interview date? Did you get one of the "are you still interested" emails?
Actually now that I think about it, Im not 100 percent sure if 7th is the last day. I was saying 7th is the last day, because it was the last date listed on available interview dates on my email. My bad. And yes I got that email about a month ago!

Reactions: 1 user
Sooo if we haven’t heard anything after interviewing in January is it safe to assume it’s a rejection or a waitlist...seems like a lot of people were accepted the past two weeks

Sooo if we haven’t heard anything after interviewing in January is it safe to assume it’s a rejection or a waitlist...seems like a lot of people were accepted the past two weeks

Honestly, who’s to say except admissions themselves. At this point in the cycle I think no news is good news moreso than bad news.

Honestly, who’s to say except admissions themselves. At this point in the cycle I think no news is good news moreso than bad news.
Ahh that’s so true, I need your positivity lol

Am I the only one that didn't receive their email for the background check?I was accepted two weeks ago

For those who interviewed, was anyone asked about their size for the white coat ?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed, was anyone asked about their size for the white coat ?

That’s like asking me to rearrange the seating chart on the Titanic. Not like it matters at this point with no acceptance xD

Am I the only one that didn't receive their email for the background check?I was accepted two weeks ago

I got mine 2 days after my acceptance email. So make sure to check your spam or junk folders.

That’s like asking me to rearrange the seating chart on the Titanic. Not like it matters at this point with no acceptance xD
I ask because someone from a previous cycle said that during their interview they asked specific people for their coat size. I didn’t know if they still did that

I ask because someone from a previous cycle said that during their interview they asked specific people for their coat size. I didn’t know if they still did that

Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude. I was talking about myself, not mattering with no acceptance. I was not asked anything about white coat size and am jealous of those that were asked that. Sounds promising. Haha.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off rude. I was talking about myself, not mattering with no acceptance. I was not asked anything about white coat size and am jealous of those that were asked that. Sounds promising. Haha.
I wasn't asked but was accepted

Are any current students able to share what Tufts' clinical requirements are for graduation -- perhaps @BluntForceTrauma? Thank you!
I'll let you know more when I get into clinic. Though they are probably going to change by the time y'all get into clinic, so don't worry too much.

Currently you need 10 units of fixed prosth (bridge, crown, can CAD/CAM some stuff), 3 arches of denture, 5 canals, some other restorative stuffs that I can't remember. You need 1000 pts to graduate, and a 2 surface filling gets you 2 pts, to give you an idea.

Like I said, prolly gonna change, there is talk of getting rid of the points by the time C/O 2023 starts clinic, so things will most likely be different for you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who received one of the "are you still interested" emails, been invited to interview? The email said they'll send interview invites throughout the rest of February so I was just wondering since today is the last day of the month.

I didn't hear anything back from them. There was someone who got the same email a week after I did and got an interview on the same day. I don't know if they send this email to everyone. Keep me posted if you or anyone you know gets an invite.
Hey! Have you heard anything from the admissions office since responding to the are you still interested email?

Nothing unfortunately. What about you?
Nothing yet. I've been pretty optimistic and hopeful, but seeing that today is the last day of the month, I'm starting to think they won't be getting back to me. I emailed and called the admissions office and still haven't heard anything lol.. but my application status on aadsas did change from application complete to under review since I responded to the email so who knows

Nothing yet. I've been pretty optimistic and hopeful, but seeing that today is the last day of the month, I'm starting to think they won't be getting back to me. I emailed and called the admissions office and still haven't heard anything lol.. but my application status on aadsas did change from application complete to under review since I responded to the email so who knows
lol keep the optimism till they send the rejection. its not over till its over. Did the admissions office tell you anything?

lol keep the optimism till they send the rejection. its not over till its over. Did the admissions office tell you anything?
No, they didn't answer so I just left a message. I wanna keep the optimism but the email said they're only sending invites through February :( lol but thank you!

No, they didn't answer so I just left a message. I wanna keep the optimism but the email said they're only sending invites through February :( lol but thank you!
False hope to get more secondary money next time

I also got the "are you interested" email and then no response after that...

Just declined their offer. Good luck to you all!!

were they supposed to send out another round of acceptance today?

I was hoping they would, but I didn’t hear anything today either. Apparently, deposits are due today for recently accepted? That will give them a clearer picture tomorrow.

From what I remember at the interview, one person said by the end of February we will hear back and another said, we hope you hear back by the end of February.

Another important note:
Tomorrow (March 1st) is when schools report who has put deposits down

schools can only see deposits placed at other schools right, not waitlists?

March 1st

It says: "I understand that beginning on March 1 and thereafter, when considering multiple offers of acceptance, I should hold only one position by accepting the offer of one dental school and declining other offers. After this time, if I hold offer(s) at more than one dental school, my status will be shared with all applicable schools and may result in offers being changed or revoked."

About the 14 day notice. The link that artist2022 so kindly provided says that if you are holding multiple seats, schools can give you at minimum 15 days notice if they choose to withdraw you. But how long depends on the school. "Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on March 1 of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum fifteen-day notice if they choose to withdraw the candidate from the entering class."

I felt this was best said from @princeafrica.
Pulled it from the “March 1st or April 1st” thread

I felt this was best said from @princeafrica.
Pulled it from the “March 1st or April 1st” thread
Wait so with the 14 days notice thing, that means they basically say “hey you have to pick us or we are withdrawing you” not just an automatic “oh we found out you committed to other schools we are automatically withdrawing you”...right??

Wait so with the 14 days notice thing, that means they basically say “hey you have to pick us or we are withdrawing you” not just an automatic “oh we found out you committed to other schools we are automatically withdrawing you”...right??
And also just read that it was April 1st. I’m confused

Idk

Reactions: 1 users
Any news?

Sorry, more questions! I've heard Boston-area dental students have difficulty getting patients. Has anyone here heard of what % of Tufts students experience this? Also, do students share resources during didactics or is it pretty cutthroat? Thanks :nailbiting:

57282537580__497D0623-0028-45DF-A693-97265FFE0683.JPG

The new financial aid manual is up for this year and I was curious as to what the numbers would look like for someone to take out the full amount of loans for COA.

I encourage everyone planning on attending any dental school this year to do the same and get an idea with what kind of debt you will be looking at after graduation.

I’m excited to attend Tufts this summer but I definitely have a game plan to cut down those loan costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.