*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who has already interviewed: is there interview style the traditional one-on-one?

I have my interview next week so I want to make sure I'm preparing properly
Some students get two on one (One faculty one D4 student) but I only got one faculty member.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if you need the 40 hours of shadowing with a general dentist confirmed before tomorrow? I'm nervous it'll affect my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for and need good news. Good luck to us all.

I JUST GOT THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS REAL LIFEEEE AGAHHHHHHHH!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted just now!!! Guys, the video made me cry my eyes out lol

Reactions: 3 users
Just got email too!! For those who were accepted, have your aadsas portal changed yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was offered an interview on Saturday. Got into UNC today so going to decline the interview. Hope some one waiting here gets it!

Congrats to all on acceptances!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted this morning!!!

For those accepted, did the email include anything about paying the tuition deposit? Mine only had the youtube video and my AADSAS portal hasn't changed yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Does tufts send out wait list notification email?
I had pre December interview but have not heard back any news yet. Is this silent rejection?

Does tufts send out wait list notification email?
I had pre December interview but have not heard back any news yet. Is this silent rejection?

I haven't heard back either yet. Nervous.

Got the email this morning but my AADSAS portal is still "Under Review". Anyone else in the same situation?

I got email this morning with a congrats youtube video link but nothing else.

Is that a acceptance?

I got email this morning with a congrats youtube video link but nothing else.

Is that a acceptance?

Same here. I believe that it is an acceptance and they should send out something else soon (hopefully)

Accepted 8:40AM EST. They sent out the formal email around 7pm :)

I'm a current Tufts student. Let me know if you guys have any questions. :)

I got into some other schools, but Tufts is my top choice and I haven’t been invited to interview yet. Does anyone know if they interview a lot of people after December??

I received an interview invitation last night via email.

Available dates are:
12/10, 1/3, and 1/7

Can you please tell me what you think about Tufts? The pros and cons? I have an interview on Thursday.

I received an interview invitation last night via email.

Available dates are:
12/10, 1/3, and 1/7
Do you happen to know if your status on AADSAS changed from Under Review --> App Complete --> Under Review again before your interview invite?

Do you happen to know if your status on AADSAS changed from Under Review --> App Complete --> Under Review again before your interview invite?

So when I applied there (during end of Aug)
It said received/application complete.. until end of October
2nd week of November, it changed to under review status ( I remember this because I took a picture of it )
Then it changed to invite for interview last night

Hope it helps:)

So when I applied there (during end of Aug)
It said received/application complete.. until end of October
2nd week of November, it changed to under review status ( I remember this because I took a picture of it )
Then it changed to invite for interview last night

Hope it helps:)
Did you receive your email first or did your status change and now you’re waiting for the official email?

Did you receive your email first or did your status change and now you’re waiting for the official email?
I honestly do not know the exact order but I checked my email and then checked my status on the ADEA website

for anyone that was just accepted.. did any of your status' say none? I know that seemed to be a good sign on last year's thread but I haven't seen it too much here. mine still says none and I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing?

for anyone that was just accepted.. did any of your status' say none? I know that seemed to be a good sign on last year's thread but I haven't seen it too much here. mine still says none and I don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing?

Mine updated to “Offer made” after receiving the official acceptance email last night

By the way, D
Can you please tell me what you think about Tufts? The pros and cons? I have an interview on Thursday.

Definite Pro is you have a great sim clin for first 2 years and latter 2 years you get more clinical opportunities than the school down the street (aka BU/Harvard). First two years really set you up to succeed in boards (although they will change for your year) and to gain general knowledge and handskills/theory relevant to clinic. We also have fantastic professors, i.e. Dr. Kugel who did research that led to whitening strips :) and lots more. Although we have give or take 200 classmates, we really help each other out and feels like a family (Does not feel like it's a big class). Located in Chinatown near everything and close to the T. Everyone is willing to help!

For cons, maybe block schedules starting in second semester of D1. You have to be pretty organized. I enjoy block schedule because exams are spaced out so I can study for one class and get over with it.

I did get accepted to BU and NYU as well. Compared to TUSDM, BU is also a great school, but they are currently having lots of construction to build new clinics and from what I've heard (both BU/Tufts dental students) BU doesn't offer as much clinical exposure as does Tufts. Regardless, they are both great schools!

Cheers

Reactions: 4 users
By the way, D

Definite Pro is you have a great sim clin for first 2 years and latter 2 years you get more clinical opportunities than the school down the street (aka BU/Harvard). First two years really set you up to succeed in boards (although they will change for your year) and to gain general knowledge and handskills/theory relevant to clinic. We also have fantastic professors, i.e. Dr. Kugel who did research that led to whitening strips :) and lots more. Although we have give or take 200 classmates, we really help each other out and feels like a family (Does not feel like it's a big class). Located in Chinatown near everything and close to the T. Everyone is willing to help!

For cons, maybe block schedules starting in second semester of D1. You have to be pretty organized. I enjoy block schedule because exams are spaced out so I can study for one class and get over with it.

I did get accepted to BU and NYU as well. Compared to TUSDM, BU is also a great school, but they are currently having lots of construction to build new clinics and from what I've heard (both BU/Tufts dental students) BU doesn't offer as much clinical exposure as does Tufts. Regardless, they are both great schools!

Cheers

Thank you for sharing! This is all great information to know and is very encouraging. What are your thoughts regarding Tufts vs. NYU?

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed each day? and is it generally a 2-on-1?

Thank you for sharing! This is all great information to know and is very encouraging. What are your thoughts regarding Tufts vs. NYU?

Does anyone know how many people get interviewed each day? and is it generally a 2-on-1?

NYU seems a bit too big of a class size for me. When I interviewed they stressed that they would divide the classes to AM and PM class. Tufts is much more close knit and we are the pioneers to the vertical integration program. You are assigned a clinic (I think there is 8/12 in total) and you get A LOT of clinical exposure before graduating.

For interviews, most get interviewed by 1 Staff (either current professor/dean/etc...) + 1 D4 Student. For some people (like me), we just interviewed with a D4 student. It was super chill. About 16 interviewed that day. They are not there to kill you with questions. If you already got an interview invite, that means they have seen all of your application and you are a more than qualified applicant. Dr. Kasberg will start out with few ice breakers and there will be presentations on fin aid, housing, etc... Just relax and express yourselves! From what I remember it's 85% get accepted, 5~10% waitlist, 5% rejection. So more than likely it is a win-win for you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Mine updated to “Offer made” after receiving the official acceptance email last night

Sorry I meant before the status changed to 'invited for interview', was it 'none' or 'under review', or 'application complete'?

By the way, D

Cheers
Thank you for your words! I'm probably making my deposit in a week or so. SO excited to join the family!

Sorry I meant before the status changed to 'invited for interview', was it 'none' or 'under review', or 'application complete'?

I remember it was App complete to Under review

To those who got accepted to Tufts. Did you guys get any scholarships?

ACCEPTED !!!!!

ANYONE From NY/NJ area accepted? and who will be driving?

I want to live 20-30 min away like at a house with driveway .. . I like keeping my car washed and clean Ill bring the power washer for the undercarriage

For those who don't know me. .. I been applying for 4-5 years .. .

and Finally Accepted !!!!

NEVER GIVE UP....Always follow Your Heart.. . . .

Reactions: 6 users
message me if we can gather 2 to 4 people to rent a house or maybe Finance a house as a business ?

Why Pay someone elses house when we could pay our own?

Food for thought. . .

HI

Best place to live?

Hows the program? Are lectures well taught, and materials easy to understand and study?

What is Boards 1 and 2 Pass Rate?

How do you like it so far?

Any tips which we should Know asap when Starting?

By the way, D

Cheers

How is the typical day, what time does the day start?

And How about that gym... Is it always open??

HI

Best place to live?

Hows the program? Are lectures well taught, and materials easy to understand and study?

What is Boards 1 and 2 Pass Rate?

How do you like it so far?

Any tips which we should Know asap when Starting?
Hey,

I love Tufts. Many live nearby in chinatown/back bay/ beacon hill but they get pricey. With a roommmate you can probably get 1400-1500$/month per person near south end. If you want to save more you can perhaps venture to medford or forest hills and commute using orange line. I know for your year it will be straight up integrated, meaning you will learn one section of body (physiology, histology, pharma, etc..) all at once, with no overlapping exams. Courses are great, although students are a bit on the competitive side, you learn great materials. Operative can be a bit tricky because although Dr Eisen is a great professor, his lectures can be a bit tricky. Nevertheless you will learn all the techniques and what not at the end. Competencies are more fun than stressful. We are given info pack at the beginning of the year that contains previous exams and study guides and tips. Make sure you keep up and don't slack. Also a lot of your classmates will post study guides and tips, which is always helpful. The toughest course for D1 is Gross anatomy. It is 4 credits, but you will most likely spend a lot of your energy into this course. Exams are straight up fill in the blank, 85 questions per exam, no word bank. So you gotta really know your ****. Besides studying, Boston is lovely, food scene has gotten much better the past 6 years, lots to see and have fun with your peers.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.