*** The Official Tufts School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither of us can answer this fully as it discusses a lot of points we don't know much about yet. I'm a 2nd year and have only been doing prophys in clinic, and @dyckim is a 1st year, so they have only assisted.

If you have specific questions that you yourself would like to know the answers to, fire away. Next year I'd be happy to fill out the above, as I'll have a better sense of things clinically.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What don't you like about TUFTS?

@dyckim @BluntForceTrauma

Members don't see this ad.

To those that accepted their acceptances, did you submit the enrollment forms online or did you mail it in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on January 8 and I am so excited because Tufts is my top choice.
Does anyone know how soon they send out a decision after post-dec interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview on January 8 and I am so excited because Tufts is my top choice.
Does anyone know how soon they send out a decision after post-dec interviews?
Pretty quick, but they will probably tell you when to expect a decision during interview day.

Well then. . . Let the Votes Begin:
Ceil Blue
Navy Blue
Black
Stone/slate gray

Well then. . . Let the Votes Begin:
Ceil Blue
Navy Blue
Black
Stone/slate gray
Ha They give you the choices and you vote on those. Dunno if they will do it again or not.

Reactions: 1 users
I've decided to attend my state school so I'm trying to figure out how to give up my acceptance. Has anyone else here rejected and if so how? I'm wondering if I just send an email to admissions or what.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've decided to attend my state school so I'm trying to figure out how to give up my acceptance. Has anyone else here rejected and if so how? I'm wondering if I just send an email to admissions or what.
Yup. Call, email, ain't hard.

To those that accepted their acceptances, did you submit the enrollment forms online or did you mail it in?
I mailed it in, but that was before we got the email saying to submit them through email. I reached out and they said it was ok.

Has anyone heard anything from the admissions office after submitting the deposit and paperwork. I got confirmation emails that they received my deposit and enrollment paperwork but haven't heard anything since.

next few weeks this page will be lit... 6-7 Months Classes Start

Has anyone heard anything from the admissions office after submitting the deposit and paperwork. I got confirmation emails that they received my deposit and enrollment paperwork but haven't heard anything since.

You won't hear anything back from them after that set of emails, only an interview invite email or a rejection email later in the spring.

You won't hear anything back from them after that set of emails, only an interview invite email or a rejection email later in the spring.
Uh...I think they were accepted bro

Uh...I think they were accepted bro

Ahh shoot you're totally right. I had someone ask me the same question through PM so for some reason I just assumed that this poster was asking the same thing. My bad!

Does anyone else have their interview scheduled for Jan 8?

I just declined my offer of admission to Tufts. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear good news :)

Hi guys, I just got an interview to Tufts. It's a bittersweet moment. This school was my #1 school for such a long time and I gave up hope in getting an interview so I put my heart on another school and now I am so torn. I'm not sure if I should even take this interview. Any help would be appreciated.
For those in Tufts already, what do you guys think about the school? What made you want to go there as opposed to any other school? Are the professors helpful and do they want you to succeed? I think we all had professors in our undergrad that really made things difficult for no reason and while I AM OBV expecting things to be challenging in dental school (of course) I want it to be a "challenging that makes you love dentistry even more" not "challenging bc my professor is just trying to trick me."

Hi guys, I just got an interview to Tufts. It's a bittersweet moment. This school was my #1 school for such a long time and I gave up hope in getting an interview so I put my heart on another school and now I am so torn. I'm not sure if I should even take this interview. Any help would be appreciated.
For those in Tufts already, what do you guys think about the school? What made you want to go there as opposed to any other school? Are the professors helpful and do they want you to succeed? I think we all had professors in our undergrad that really made things difficult for no reason and while I AM OBV expecting things to be challenging in dental school (of course) I want it to be a "challenging that makes you love dentistry even more" not "challenging bc my professor is just trying to trick me."
I like the school. I'm glad I'm here. Unless you've been accepted to a cheaper school, don't throw away interview invites.

I like the school. I'm glad I'm here. Unless you've been accepted to a cheaper school, don't throw away interview invites.

I got accepted to a school from my home state which is about the same. I think that's what's making it difficult for me. The two schools are very similar but idk..

I got accepted to a school from my home state which is about the same. I think that's what's making it difficult for me. The two schools are very similar but idk..
I see you. Had a similar issue, and went Boston for a few reasons, but one being that we definitely wanted to live somewhere fun for a few years that'd we would never have lived otherwise.

I see you. Had a similar issue, and went Boston for a few reasons, but one being that we definitely wanted to live somewhere fun for a few years that'd we would never have lived otherwise.

I'm not going to Tufts but I did leave my home state to pursue my undergraduate degree in Boston, and I'd also like to throw down my endorsement for the city. Leaving my sleepy little rural agricultural community for a big city for five years really changed my outlook on things and allowed me to branch out and try stuff that I never would have been able to in my home state.

Now I don't know what state you hail from, (If you're from California or NY you probs won't be missing out on much anyway) but if the price of four years of education are about the same I'd totally attend school in the more interesting location. But that's just my two cents.

Hey guys my interview is this week and I'm pretty nervous. For all those who interviewed what were the hardest questions for you and besides the supplemental forms, is there anything else I should bring?

Hey guys my interview is this week and I'm pretty nervous. For all those who interviewed what were the hardest questions for you and besides the supplemental forms, is there anything else I should bring?

Take your time and read the thread . ..

I think this was asked before...

I think there is Zero support forms . . .

Questions: Why do you want to become a dentist? How did dentistry spark in your life. . .They will ask if you have ay questions for them. . . .

Again read this thread .. . . If they chose you for an interview .. . High chance of getting in. . . .

Don't be nervous .. . Be curious , Be True, Be grateful. . . .

Take your time and read the thread . ..

I think this was asked before...

I think there is Zero support forms . . .

Questions: Why do you want to become a dentist? How did dentistry spark in your life. . .They will ask if you have ay questions for them. . . .

Again read this thread .. . . If they chose you for an interview .. . High chance of getting in. . . .

Don't be nervous .. . Be curious , Be True, Be grateful. . . .
Holy "..." Batman

Reactions: 3 users
Merit Scholarship is available for those who matriculate into the DMD program with a 3.7+ and/or 20+ DAT
According to an email from Tufts received today:
“Because of the the highly qualified pool of candidates, common GPA ranges for recipients of Merit Scholarships this year would be 3.85 - 4.0 and DAT scores ranging 23-25. Other factors are also considered.”

My interviewers asked questions about my PS. I really liked that, even if they just glimpsed at my file for a second. They just want to get to know you, so be you!

Will more interview invites be sent out?

I believe so. They usually interview until the end of February

If I heard correctly, when I interviewed on Tuesday, Dr. Kasberg said there were still 80 spots left

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thank you for your reply. I am curious, are you sure they want us to retake? because I can't see how someone can retake these classes in the spring semester when they already gonna see you in January do they expect people to find a school that offers courses mid-spring or something, I am pretty sure that is way too hard.
Like, how am I gonna retake bio 1 and 2 in spring, for example, they have to be taken in sequence lol, I hope they won't ask you to do that & best of luck with your other schools.
I just finished my interview last Monday at Tufts and yeah they insist that I’d have to retake Physics 1 and 2. But I agree with you I’m just like how?? Lol. They said just make it work if you wanna come here. I was given options, however, to either retake both courses or to take Physics 3. They do accept online credits by the way. For courses like bio, you may want to ask if any of your upper level course work in biology could show that you mastered the Gen bio courses..assuming you took other bio classes.

I just finished my interview last Monday at Tufts and yeah they insist that I’d have to retake Physics 1 and 2. But I agree with you I’m just like how?? Lol. They said just make it work if you wanna come here. I was given options, however, to either retake both courses or to take Physics 3. They do accept online credits by the way. For courses like bio, you may want to ask if any of your upper level course work in biology could show that you mastered the Gen bio courses..assuming you took other bio classes.

Thank you, at least there are options. I am taking Physiology and Cell bio this spring and I took Biochemistry last year, but I am kinda feeling that Tufts is impossible right now lol
But I hope you make it! Best of luck

What were your grades in physics if you don't mind sharing?

If were still waiting for interview invites, should we send them academic updates? I feel that tufts does not want applicants calling/emailing about their applications ...

If were still waiting for interview invites, should we send them academic updates? I feel that tufts does not want applicants calling/emailing about their applications ...
I know they say no calling or emailing, but I don't think they'll reject you bc of that. I say send one and express your interest for this school. This is my opinion!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using SDN mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview #1
Notification date: Jan 10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: Sept 13
Application complete date: Oct 4
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/20/no
Dates available OR your interview date: Jan 22, 24, or 28

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I just got an interview nvite and I’m ecstatic, but It is for deferred acceptance for a 2020 start. Has anyone heard of this?

Thank you, at least there are options. I am taking Physiology and Cell bio this spring and I took Biochemistry last year, but I am kinda feeling that Tufts is impossible right now lol
But I hope you make it! Best of luck
When I mentioned during my interview, professor and D19 said that my o.chem from community college should be okay since I took biochemistry and got an A+ at my 4 year institution.
I emailed John about my situation and he said he will make a note of this.
I emailed him again for the final confirmation but did not receive the vivid answer.
I think you should email to get a written confirmation so you will not be rescind prior to matriculation.

I do not know about undergrad applicants, but I feel that it is probably ok.
As a grad student, Dr. Kasberg really likes communication. Updates in your application are good or an update to see how your application is being processed is fine as well. They do not like emailing them after you have had your interview though (in terms of updates on their decision).

I just got an interview nvite and I’m ecstatic, but It is for deferred acceptance for a 2020 start. Has anyone heard of this?

Yes, this happened to my friend last year, so she will be starting this upcoming July. In her case, she did not put that she was pursuing her master's and they told her that they would be able to accept her after she graduated with her master's (which is this summer). I also have another friend that is D22 right now and interviewed 2 cycles ago. She was told that she had a deferred acceptance and would need to get her master's in a year before starting. I do not know why they do this, but it happens with every cycle. I believe they will let you know what the conditions are of your deferred acceptance and it will only make you a better dental student :)

Last edited:
@dentalguy1994 @Faefly I'm concerned I will be asked to retake physics as well. I received a C+. Do you think I will have the same issue?

Pretty sure you wouldn't have to retake. C or better is usually the rule, but they will give you a sheet on your interview day telling you if they need you to take/retake a class and any other info they need.

Pretty sure you wouldn't have to retake. C or better is usually the rule, but they will give you a sheet on your interview day telling you if they need you to take/retake a class and any other info they need.
Thanks for the info! There would literally be no time left to retake a course between the interview and D1 start date so that would be interesting...

What is the interview style like? is it panel interview or MMI, or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.