*** The Official UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenomenal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I didn't see one for the class of 2023 so I thought I would just start it. Feel free to ask each other any questions on this thread regarding the application cycle.

Last year's thread: ***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If you submitted the first week of the cycle, are you pretty much donezo at this point if you don’t have an interview? I ask because UCONN fills their class by Dec 1 usually, so I’m assuming if people who had their app complete a month after me are getting invites, then they’ve already seen mine and are unlikely to loop back and reconsider.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear anything as well; I received my "application complete" email from UConn on 6/12.

are you out of state? I received an interview invite but I'm in-state, so I think they might look at in-state apps faster?

I'm wondering the same... my app was complete 7/16 :(

Mine was verified 7/25 and I’m also OOS, I think we should give it some time since first round was for ppl who submitted in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I start panicking? I have yet to hear from UConn.

Nope I'm not sure. But I wonder how interviewing on the first day offered will be
It's gonna be great! Just too bad we will have to wait almost three months to hear back...Have you been to the UConn health center before?

Nice! I’ll see you there! Do you by chance know about how many people interview per interview day at Uconn?

I interviewed last year, and I dont have exact # but it was around 10-12 people.

Got my first interview invite at 10:55am! I left a voicemail to schedule it, but she hasn’t returned my call yet. So excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first interview invite at 10:55am! I left a voicemail to schedule it, but she hasn’t returned my call yet. So excited!
That's awesome, congrats! SO it took over a month to hear back since your application was complete?I hope it will start moving quicker now that we are a bit more into the cycle. My application was complete a bit over a week ago so I guess I have a bit more waiting to do and I am planning or re-taking my DAT. Im non-traditional in state so we'll see what happens.

Also waiting to hear back. OOS complete 7/20

Would anyone who already interviewed this cycle be willing to share their experience?

My friend who submitted a month earlier than me is still marked app complete for 3 months and I'm here marked app complete for 2 months. Is anyone's status under review? Not sure why this school is so slow...

I am under review. My app was complete 07/16.

Would anyone who already interviewed this cycle be willing to share their experience?
I don’t have my interview until October 8th, but I would be more than happy to share my experience.

Just got an interview invite! UConn is without a doubt my #1 choice and I'm beyond excited right now!!

Anyone that's already interviewed already; what were your thoughts on it?

Edit: Also, does anyone know the interview/acceptance stats? I know some schools like Pacific interview to accept - any idea where UConn stands? I've been trying to hunt down some info but no luck.

Last edited:
Just got an interview invite! UConn is without a doubt my #1 choice and I'm beyond excited right now!!

Edit: Also, does anyone know the interview/acceptance stats? I know some schools like Pacific interview to accept - any idea where UConn stands? I've been trying to hunt down some info but no luck.

Congrats! Did you realize if your AADSAS status changed during the cycle leading up to your interview?

Mind sharing if you're OOS/IS, and when did you apply?

Congrats! Did you realize if your AADSAS status changed during the cycle leading up to your interview?

IIRC once my entire app was in and verified it changed to App Complete and stayed there until today when I got the invite

Mind sharing if you're OOS/IS, and when did you apply?

I'm OOS but in New England! I had everything sent out in early august and was completed in mid august

I'm New England and my app was complete as of early August (submitted last week of July). Portal still shows application complete while other schools are "Under Review." Anyone still showing application complete and not under review?

I'm New England and my app was complete as of early August (submitted last week of July). Portal still shows application complete while other schools are "Under Review." Anyone still showing application complete and not under review?
I submitted in early June, and mine is marked complete as well. I don't know that I would read too much into it.

I interviewed back in September. I had a great experience there. Faculty were very nice, great facilities, and an awesome clinic experience. If I remember correctly, they interview ~150 students and will send out acceptances to a little less than half for a class of ~50. I'll be happy to answer any questions about the interview experience.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite today!! Interview will be on oct 29th

Does anyone know when UCONN interviews till and if they offer 1st year scholarships?

When's their last interview date? Thinking if I'm rejected or not at this point, I don't think this school does post-Dec interviews. Oh well!

I was told they notify about interviews up until mid-December. Still have a little ways to go but definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

I was told they notify about interviews up until mid-December. Still have a little ways to go but definitely keeping my fingers crossed!
So they don't reject people on 12/3 and potentially will still interview more ppl? Did you ask Tricia Avolt and she said that?

So they don't reject people on 12/3 and potentially will still interview more ppl? Did you ask Tricia Avolt and she said that?

I have heard from students who currently attend that they only do pre-dec interviews.

One more month!!! The countdown begins :)

Reactions: 1 users
So I shouldn't be so interested in the AADSAS status changes, but out of curiosity (and any fleeting hope of possibly obtaining an interview from UConn): did anyone's status change from application complete to under review before getting an interview? I've been in the app complete status since July or so. Maybe it won't mean anything, but just wondering... Thank you for your input in advance!

So I shouldn't be so interested in the AADSAS status changes, but out of curiosity (and any fleeting hope of possibly obtaining an interview from UConn): did anyone's status change from application complete to under review before getting an interview? I've been in the app complete status since July or so. Maybe it won't mean anything, but just wondering... Thank you for your input in advance!

Yeah, mine changed yesterday to "under review". Maybe they are getting ready to send another batch of interviews at the beginning of December?

Status
Not open for further replies.