*** The Official UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hammy1754

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I didn't see one for the class of 2024 so I thought I would just start it. Feel free to ask each other any questions on this thread regarding the application cycle.

Last year's thread: ***The Official UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t even think they sent out invites yet. It seems like for the past 3 cycles they started to send out invites on or around 7/13, but I could be wrong.
Someone on the interview/ acceptance/ rejection thread posted they received a UCONN interview invite. CT resident though.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing stats? I was complete July 11th and haven't heard anything yet
Yeah so my Science GPA was a 3.41 and my non science a 3.45. AA: 21 TS: 21 and I got my application complete email from them on July 9th

Got an interview today too! Sent my packet out July 9th. Am OOS

Yeah I have also heard nothing. :cryi:

Do they let you know if you have been rejected. Worried since I haven't gotten an interview invite yet.

Do they let you know if you have been rejected. Worried since I haven't gotten an interview invite yet.

Kinda early to think that no? The year I applied they were sending out interview invites up until the first week of November or so.

Has anyone scheduled their interview yet? I’m having trouble getting in contact with the admissions personnel to schedule mine.

Has anyone scheduled their interview yet? I’m having trouble getting in contact with the admissions personnel to schedule mine.

I was able to call Ms. Avolt and schedule an interview

Does anyone know if the letters of recommendation for Uconn have to be from 3 professors, or are two from professors and one from a dentist acceptable? Their website says 3 faculty members.

Heyy I got an interview invitation. I submitted 8/13 and I’m OOS

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted June 22nd and haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS but feel like I'm a pretty solid applicant, so should I call admissions or something??

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted June 22nd and haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS but feel like I'm a pretty solid applicant, so should I call admissions or something??
I’m the same way. And I haven’t received anything... I don’t know if I should call or wait.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long they send out interviews? I am really hoping for one!

Does anyone know how long they send out interviews? I am really hoping for one!

They keep sending out pre-dec interview invites until like late Oct/early Nov.

for those that have interviewed, were you able to/ did other applicants bring guests?

for those that have interviewed, were you able to/ did other applicants bring guests?

No one brought guests in my case. I'm not sure there would be anything for them to do that day. It's a long day - it may be best for them to stay in the hotel or walk around West Hartford (which is a lovely town!).

I had a "guest" come with me, though not directly into the admissions office. He just explored the public areas of the medical campus and ended up hanging out in the cafe and using the free wifi. He enjoyed checking out the school, so I think it would be fine to bring a guest with you, just not to the actual interview program.

Does anyone know if they are done with Pre-Dec interview invites?

They aren't done with interviews yet, just received one! I don't believe they have post-Dec interviews but I may be wrong

They aren't done with interviews yet, just received one! I don't believe they have post-Dec interviews but I may be wrong
What dates for interview were you given to choose from?

Got an interview invite on 11/7. Interview scheduled for 11/15