*** The Official UF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

:thumbup: laa302426 is 100% correct, so don't get too caught up in the timing of the supplemental stuff/interview correlation. Last cycle I received my supplemental at the end of July and submitted it shortly thereafter... I didn't get an interview invite until November.
Thanks! This is reassuring :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who sent supplemental app/fee heard anything back yet??

For those of you who interviewed last week, care to share your experience? Mine is Wednesday, thanks!

So I received the application is ready for review email this morning. Crossing my fingers the next email is an interview invite :love:

So I received the application is ready for review email this morning. Crossing my fingers the next email is an interview invite :love:

Me too!! At first glance I got so excited cause I thought it was THE interview email! Lol
Hopefully the nxt one

Hey for those of you that got the ready for review email, did you also do the course worksheet?

I turned in my supplemental on the 15th but haven't gotten the email yet.

Me too!! At first glance I got so excited cause I thought it was THE interview email! Lol
Hopefully the nxt one
Me too!!!! I was all excited thinking it was an interview lol. Hopefully soon =)

Hey for those of you that got the ready for review email, did you also do the course worksheet?

I turned in my supplemental on the 15th but haven't gotten the email yet.
Nope I didn't get the course worksheet. I know when we fill out the supplemental, that's another link they gave but when I called the admissions office to ask about it, they told me to not worry about the course worksheet until you are given an interview!!

Nope I didn't get the course worksheet. I know when we fill out the supplemental, that's another link they gave but when I called the admissions office to ask about it, they told me to not worry about the course worksheet until you are given an interview!!

was going through my last year's emails as well.. strange, i never got the application is complete email after i submitted my supplemental lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that got an interview cares to share your scores? Really appreciate feedbacks !!!

Anybody receive any recent news from UF or still just crickets?? :sleep:

Got my supplemental still no interview :(

Edit to original post

Received an interview today by email!!!!!!! So pumped!!!!!
anybody else going to be there Sept 25th?

Last edited:
Hey guys-

For anyone that's already interviewed, do you mind sharing what your status is in AADSAS? Mine now says 'Received/Application Complete' so the speculation begins...:naughty:

Good luck to all of those with upcoming interviews! :luck:

Anyone that got an interview cares to share your scores? Really appreciate feedbacks !!!

DAT: 20AA, 21TS, 22 PAT, 17RC, 19QA, 19OC, 24GC, 20BIO

My GPA is low but has an upward trend. (it took me 7 years to finish since I failed a lot of classes in the beginning and had to repeat them)

Undergrad: science 2.7, non-science 2.9
Years 1-2: GPA - 1.65
Years 3-4: GPA - 2.34
Year 5: GPA - 3.65
Years 6-7: GPA - 3.5ish

Grad School: GPA 4.0

After making a 4.0 in grad school my science GPA rose to a 2.95

Hey guys-

For anyone that's already interviewed, do you mind sharing what your status is in AADSAS? Mine now says 'Received/Application Complete' so the speculation begins...:naughty:

How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask? .. If you don't mind

How was the interview? What type of questions did they ask? .. If you don't mind

I LOVED everything about UF! Everyone was really friendly start to finish and you can tell the students love being a part of the school. I don't want to give anything away I'm not supposed to... so I'll keep it general in saying they don't ask any tricky or surprising questions. It's all about being yourself and honest about your application and desire to pursue dentistry. There shouldn't be anything that catches you off guard.

Something I also noticed was that they seem to renovate the clinics and such every few years or so to keep up with technology and modern advancements. Honestly I was expecting things to be older than what they were just because UF has been established for quite some time.

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview, good luck! :luck:

I LOVED everything about UF! Everyone was really friendly start to finish and you can tell the students love being a part of the school. I don't want to give anything away I'm not supposed to... so I'll keep it general in saying they don't ask any tricky or surprising questions. It's all about being yourself and honest about your application and desire to pursue dentistry. There shouldn't be anything that catches you off guard.

Something I also noticed was that they seem to renovate the clinics and such every few years or so to keep up with technology and modern advancements. Honestly I was expecting things to be older than what they were just because UF has been established for quite some time.

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview, good luck! :luck:

Thanks for the response! Seems like it should be a pretty relaxed interview from what I've been hearing. Excited and ready for this one. Good to here that the tech isn't too dated.

Hey guys-

I interviewed last month and my status is the same!

hey for those of you who filled out the pre requisite course worksheet

besides molecular genetics what other courses did you put for the molecular biology/genetics portion?

my genetics class only gave me 3 credits and they require 4.
I've taken bacterial/viral pathogens, virology, parasitology, and an undergraduate research class credit that focused heavily on genetics.

Hey for anyone that has received the supplemental did you also do the course worksheet or do they ask you to do that later if you get an interview?

So does UF give out a supplementary only i they will give out interviews?

I filled mine out and got the conf. email that my supplemental was received on 8/9... still waiting.

Anyone else still waiting who has gotten a supplementary?

Thanks

Good luck to everyone with interviews so far!! You're all so lucky :D

@ SE86 - I submitted my supplemental a while back too but I haven't received an invite either. A student from last year posted that he didn't hear anything back (interview related) until November and got an acceptance...hopefully they send out invites soon lol!

I got an interview invitation yesterday! My interview is schedule for october 2nd. I received the supplemental with the interview. UF is my top choice!! Any interview Advice from those who already had an interview??? Good luck to everyone!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the input and good luck!

Hello,

Has anyone had an interview yet? I've submitted my supplemental and haven't heard back yet.

Would you be willing to share what type of questions they ask? So far Univ. Tennessee Dental school only asked Why dentistry, and why their school.... but I think most other interviews are probably more intense?

Thanks in advance :)

How was your interview? Would you share some of the types of questions they asked you? Best of luck!!!

Yes, I am still waiting as well. Got the e-mail 8/19... but no interview date yet. I even called the school - and they told me it is still in review. Good luck to you, and keep us posted!

I got an interview invitation yesterday! My interview is schedule for october 2nd. I received the supplemental with the interview. UF is my top choice!! Any interview Advice from those who already had an interview??? Good luck to everyone!!!

Congrats! I interviewed already and had a really positive experience, so get excited! UF was my first interview this cycle so I was a little nervous but once I got into the interview room all the interviewers made me feel comfortable. Definitely prepare for all the basic questions, but most of my questions came from my experiences and application. Of my three interviews so far this cycle, it was definitely the most intense but nothing unmanageable. Just be concise and confident in your answers! Other advice - wear comfortable shoes, the tour is long and lots of stairs.

Hello,

Has anyone had an interview yet? I've submitted my supplemental and haven't heard back yet.

Would you be willing to share what type of questions they ask? So far Univ. Tennessee Dental school only asked Why dentistry, and why their school.... but I think most other interviews are probably more intense?

Thanks in advance :)

http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uf/survey/26

Just click on the "Questions" drop down to see the types of questions asked, interview style, etc. This info is available for every school btw :)

Just had my interview there yesterday! It wasn't bad. Just the basic questions and then, anything on your application. They did ask "why not medicine" so make sure you have an answer for that. I was very impressed with UF (and that in state tuition). Interview feedback was a good indication of what to expect.

For anyone thats interviewed already- are you planning on writing an thank you note/email? I'm debating if I should.

Oh, they also give a very blank face when you're answering so you have no idea if you're doing well or not throughout, fyi

I also interviewed there on wed(two days ago). I agree with everything ^ he said. They show almost no expression, and it's very hard if not impossible to read them. I was able to get them to crack a smile maybe once or twice lol.. I think I answered everything well, but who knows what they are thinking.

Was thinking the same about thank you note.. They seemed as though they didn't want to be bothered by phone calls or emails.. so I'm not sure :-/

Woot interview oct 8 :D there is hope in my life

Previously posted this but wanted to know if anyone else would be willing to share-

For anyone that's already interviewed, do you mind sharing what your status is in AADSAS? Mine now says 'Received/Application Complete' so the speculation begins...

Good luck to all of those with upcoming interviews!

Previously posted this but wanted to know if anyone else would be willing to share-

For anyone that's already interviewed, do you mind sharing what your status is in AADSAS? Mine now says 'Received/Application Complete' so the speculation begins...

Good luck to all of those with upcoming interviews!

mine also says received/app complete, and i'm pretty sure that is what everyone's status is changed to after the interview

mine also says received/app complete, and i'm pretty sure that is what everyone's status is changed to after the interview

Hey, thanks for the response! I just saw in an older thread that some people's status' went back to 'under review' post-interview and I'm in that spaz stage anxiously awaiting December so decided to ask about it :scared: hahahaha

Anyone with anything new?

Hope everyone who was invited to interview had a great experience with the school, I know I did and pray to hear some good news in Dec! :p

I felt they were overly robot like during interview :/