*** The Official UF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

For those who have had interviews, were you invited via email or by regular snail mail?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone a reapplicant that has received the supplemental or interview invite? I interviewed last year and am a reapplicant, i was complete in July and am still waiting. Anyone else in this situation?

Is anyone a reapplicant that has received the supplemental or interview invite? I interviewed last year and am a reapplicant, i was complete in July and am still waiting. Anyone else in this situation?

I am a reapplicant who didn't get interviews in previous cycles BUT I did this time around because my application had significant improvements. That's the thing - you're applying against your 'old' self! :p Good luck and hope you hear good news! :luck:

So I'm guessing the Pre-Dec interviews are filled up or is there still some hope?

got a rejection letter today, OOS, i am an idiot for applying since they barely accept OOS students.

got a rejection letter today, OOS, i am an idiot for applying since they barely accept OOS students.

Sorry to hear that, but hey, can't say you didn't try! :thumbup: Hope you have better luck at your other schools!

How is that possible they said in the interview acceptance is dec 2 and a couple days after that they send alternate and rejection letters..

Reactions: 1 user
How is that possible they said in the interview acceptance is dec 2 and a couple days after that they send alternate and rejection letters..

The context for this was for people who were interviewed.

I'm sure they send out rejection letters (especially for OOS applicants) for those who didn't receive an interview and are rejected. Hope that made sense, haha

1st batch applicant, re-applicant.

I understand that I I have lower stats, however my GPA has been north of 3.8 for the past 2 years, in which I have a second bachelors and will graduate with a Masters (GPA 3.94)...

But hey, I haven't been rejected, so there's still a chance...!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed already, what's it been like? I've heard that UF is a tough interview school.

For those who have interviewed already, what's it been like? I've heard that UF is a tough interview school.

Its weird the girl before me came out laughing like she had the time of her life. When I went in they were like robots with not so much as a smile the entire interview. The questions were not out of the ordinary.

They really push the "why do you want to be a dentist", so have a good/satisfying answer ready. And honestly it depends on your interviewers to determine the atmosphere. Some smile and some don't. Overall, don't be afraid, be confident and just be yourself.

Its weird the girl before me came out laughing like she had the time of her life. When I went in they were like robots with not so much as a smile the entire interview. The questions were not out of the ordinary.

Similar for me.. kept very straight faces the entire time..poker faces

They really push the "why do you want to be a dentist", so have a good/satisfying answer ready. And honestly it depends on your interviewers to determine the atmosphere. Some smile and some don't. Overall, don't be afraid, be confident and just be yourself.

:thumbup:

I filled out the supplemental months ago and I haven't heard anything from UF yet but my status on aadsas changed this morning to: "Your AADSAS application has been received and is under review...If you have this status and have NOT received any emails at all, please call the Admissions Office."

Anyone else out there with a similar update? I emailed them just in case and I was told I don't have any missing documents and that my file is still under review :rolleyes:

I filled out the supplemental months ago and I haven't heard anything from UF yet but my status on aadsas changed this morning to: "Your AADSAS application has been received and is under review...If you have this status and have NOT received any emails at all, please call the Admissions Office."

Anyone else out there with a similar update? I emailed them just in case and I was told I don't have any missing documents and that my file is still under review :rolleyes:

Getting close to the FINALLL COUNTDOWNNN! Hope to hear good news in a couple of weeks! :clap:

I KNOW!!! Judging by other years the committee probably met last Friday... :nailbiting:

Did anyone else get the "Save the Date" email today?

Think it's just a mass email for everyone that interviewed? When I read it I had conflicting ideas about it lol....

Well shucks, seems to be an email everyone who has interviewed received. Best of luck to everyone and I hope we all make it! :p

Well shucks, seems to be an email everyone who has interviewed received. Best of luck to everyone and I hope we all make it! :p

Yesterday, I also got an email talking about prerequisites and the official notification protocol. Ya know, they will call/email/mail if accepted and mail only if waitlisted/rejected. :luck:

Yesterday, I also got an email talking about prerequisites and the official notification protocol. Ya know, they will call/email/mail if accepted and mail only if waitlisted/rejected. :luck:

Same!

So what does everyones AADSAS status say? Any changes yet?

So what does everyones AADSAS status say? Any changes yet?
Still the same, "Received/Application Complete". So jealous of other people who receive letters and phone calls today! Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow!

Still the same, "Received/Application Complete". So jealous of other people who receive letters and phone calls today! Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow!

Haha same here. Good luck to you!

You too! I'm not sure how I'm going to sleep tonight lol

Reactions: 1 users
does everyone's say recieved/application complete on aadsas?

does everyone's say recieved/application complete on aadsas?

From the people I know/talked to it seems that everyone who has interviewed... that's their status.

Wonder when the calls are gonna start rolling in...

Got the call at 6:26 am. So happy to be a Gator again!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call at 7:20am!!!! SO EXCITED TO BE A GATOR!!!!!!

Praying they are calling by alphabetical order!

Yup!! UF JUST CALLED!!! SO FREAKING HAPPY