You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by DentMuze
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
No yet, since most likely, UNC won't review my application til they get my DAT scores. Have they cashed your check yet?, are you out-state or in-State?Has anyone heard anything?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No yet, since most likely, UNC won't review my application til they get my DAT scores. Have they cashed your check yet?, are you out-state or in-State?
Check just got cashed August 2nd. Got the app complete email July 12. This is my second time applying there. Never got an interview the first time so I'm hoping this time is better. I'm IS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, they start with OS interviews in September, then with IS applicants. Good luck, if you don't mind asking What was your DAT scores and GPA?Check just got cashed August 2nd. Got the app complete email July 12. This is my second time applying there. Never got an interview the first time so I'm hoping this time is better. I'm IS.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, they start with OS interviews in September, then with IS applicants. Good luck, if you don't mind asking What was your DAT scores and GPA?
OGPA: 3.74 SGPA: 3.74 AA/TS/PAT/QR/RC: 20/21/19/18/21 none below 17. I know my stats are not stellar, but I'm really hoping to hear something from UNC. What do your stats look like?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know yet since my application is verifying my GPA, I calculated to be around 3.6 general and 3.5 science. About the DAT, I'm not taking mine til the first week of September. Your GPA is great!!! Just quick question why you didn't retake your DAT? and What have you done different this year from last year's application?OGPA: 3.74 SGPA: 3.74 AA/TS/PAT/QR/RC: 20/21/19/18/21 none below 17. I know my stats are not stellar, but I'm really hoping to hear something from UNC. What do your stats look like?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know yet since my application is verifying my GPA, I calculated to be around 3.6 general and 3.5 science. About the DAT, I'm not taking mine til the first week of September. Your GPA is great!!! Just quick question why you didn't retake your DAT? and What have you done different this year from last year's application?
Haha, that is my retake. It seems no matter how hard I study for this exam, I cannot do better than this. I recently graduated so all my pre-reqs are done. I've done a lot more shadowing than before with 4 dentists. I've also done much more volunteer work with the NC MOM. I continue to work full time like I've been doing since high school. My LOR's are much stronger than before as well. I just hope my DAT doesn't hinder my chances.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope you get interviews, I really don't know what schools are looking exactly (as some focus just on DAT and GPA, while others on the whole package). I got a friend that got interview with a 19 AA at ECU and got in last year, while other got a 23 AA and got into UNC, but both were offer interviews to either ECU/UNC Good luck to you!Haha, that is my retake. It seems no matter how hard I study for this exam, I cannot do better than this. I recently graduated so all my pre-reqs are done. I've done a lot more shadowing than before with 4 dentists. I've also done much more volunteer work with the NC MOM. I continue to work full time like I've been doing since high school. My LOR's are much stronger than before as well. I just hope my DAT doesn't hinder my chances.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interview #4
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/none
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/none
Last edited:
Also got an interview! Super excited about it.
Got an interview today! Im an OOS applicant as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to try to make mine but having to reschedule seems very risky from tone of the email.
Interview #4!
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/25/25/none
School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/25/25/none
Anyone get a response back after accepting the interview invite?
Not yet... Hopefully soon considering we had to let them know by tomorrow?Anyone get a response back after accepting the interview invite?
Not yet... Hopefully soon considering we had to let them know by tomorrow?
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did notice that they said to get back to them ASAP, i figured they would do the same so it got me worried when I had not heard back yet.
Interview # 2
Notification Date: 09/14
NC resident
SGPA: 3.74 OGPA: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR) 20/21/19/21/18
Anyone have any advice about the interview? Did anyone go to the social? If so how was it? Any info would be helpful.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Notification Date: 09/14
NC resident
SGPA: 3.74 OGPA: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR) 20/21/19/21/18
Anyone have any advice about the interview? Did anyone go to the social? If so how was it? Any info would be helpful.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interview # 2
Notification Date: 09/14
NC resident
SGPA: 3.74 OGPA: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR) 20/21/19/21/18
Anyone have any advice about the interview? Did anyone go to the social? If so how was it? Any info would be helpful.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When is your interview?
October 7When is your interview?
Interview #1
Notification Date: 9/15
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None
Notification Date: 9/15
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None
What day did you submit your application?Interview #1
Notification Date: 9/15
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None
What day did you submit your application?Interview #1
Notification Date: 9/15
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None
What day did you submit your application?
August 17th submission date. I was a little late due to taking the DAT so late.
I paid my supplemental application fee via check, received the confirmation email that my application was complete, and interviewed at UNC, but my check still hasn’t been cashed...anyone else have a check that hasn’t been cashed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I paid my supplemental application fee via check, received the confirmation email that my application was complete, and interviewed at UNC, but my check still hasn’t been cashed...anyone else have a check that hasn’t been cashed?
Same, the check was never cashed for me...
Mine was cashed today. I sent it to them mid July.Same, the check was never cashed for me...
Sweet, mine was cashed today too. Sent out mid July as well.Mine was cashed today. I sent it to them mid July.
Actually, I just checked my bank account and it was indeed cashed today.
I think my interview went well. Their interview is really laid back and conversational. You will have 3 separate interview sessions, 30 minutes each. For me, all of the 3 interviews were 1 on 1.Anyone care to mention how their interview went?
Did you have any group interview? and Was there a writing session, too?I think my interview went well. Their interview is really laid back and conversational. You will have 3 separate interview sessions, 30 minutes each. For me, all of the 3 interviews were 1 on 1.
None. There was no group interview, and no writing session as well.Did you have any group interview? and Was there a writing session, too?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
As the interview date approaches, I am getting really nervous. Knowing that there will be about 80 people there, but less than 25 students will be accepted from November's interview does not help my nervousness either! UNC is my dream school and I do not want to fail my interview. Any tips for UNC's interview? Thanks in advance!
Just relax and be yourself. It's a chill process and if you have an invite they already like you, so don't worry and just try to be relaxed for it. They are just trying to make sure you are a good fit for the school.As the interview date approaches, I am getting really nervous. Knowing that there will be about 80 people there, but less than 25 students will be accepted from November's interview does not help my nervousness either! UNC is my dream school and I do not want to fail my interview. Any tips for UNC's interview? Thanks in advance!
Mine also updated to Application CompleteDid anyone see a status change on their AADSAS after the interview? Mine went from 'Invited for Interview" to "Application Complete". Just wondering if they are changing it to this for everyone who interviewed.
Does anyone know when the last interviews will be set? I'm under the impression that they are going to accept their class of 2022 on December 1st. I applied late, which I'm sure they don't appreciate, but deadlines are deadlines for a reason. I took my DAT on 9/20 and submitted my app on 9/28 by the Oct. 1st deadline, my stats are on par with their avgs. 3.6 OGPA, 3.3 SGPA, 20 AA 22 TS. None below 17. UNC cashed my check on 10/12 but haven't heard from them since.
Does anyone know when the last interviews will be set? I'm under the impression that they are going to accept their class of 2022 on December 1st. I applied late, which I'm sure they don't appreciate, but deadlines are deadlines for a reason. I took my DAT on 9/20 and submitted my app on 9/28 by the Oct. 1st deadline, my stats are on par with their avgs. 3.6 OGPA, 3.3 SGPA, 20 AA 22 TS. None below 17. UNC cashed my check on 10/12 but haven't heard from them since.
I just got the invite for interview last week. It is set for Nov 4.
Good to know. Man, I loved this school. Hopefully we get good news on Dec 1st haha.Mine also updated to Application Complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I applied 2 days after you (sent my money order on the 9/30), I got invited about a week ago. The last set is Nov 4. Goodluck hopefully you'll still get one!Does anyone know when the last interviews will be set? I'm under the impression that they are going to accept their class of 2022 on December 1st. I applied late, which I'm sure they don't appreciate, but deadlines are deadlines for a reason. I took my DAT on 9/20 and submitted my app on 9/28 by the Oct. 1st deadline, my stats are on par with their avgs. 3.6 OGPA, 3.3 SGPA, 20 AA 22 TS. None below 17. UNC cashed my check on 10/12 but haven't heard from them since.
My status changed today to 'Received/Under Review' again. Did that happen to yours as well?Mine also updated to Application Complete
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Yup!My status changed today to 'Received/Under Review' again. Did that happen to yours as well?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I honestly don't know. Mine was "application complete" for almost 2 months after my interview and just recently changed to "received/under review".You guys think there might be a difference btw “application complete” and “received/under review”?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 19K