You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by DentMuze
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Just got mine today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got mine on Saturday!So has anyone got a packet yet...?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Does anyone know if UNC lets us know or if they update AADSAS status when they receive our deposit check? Also, do they actually cash the check before January 2nd? My mail has been stuck on the same status for last 3 days, and I mailed it about a week ago. So I was just a little worried.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I just received a letter from UNC saying that I am an "alternate".
Is this the same thing as being waitlisted? Is it likely that I get a spot in this year's class?
Is this the same thing as being waitlisted? Is it likely that I get a spot in this year's class?
Anybody know an approximate day in January they’ll send out their next round?
Called admissions and Ms. Oakes said that all 82 spots were filled and indirectly said there would be no more acceptances. Can anyone comment on the validity of this statement. I asked if more spots opened up from the deposits and she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about.
Called admissions and Ms. Oakes said that all 82 spots were filled and indirectly said there would be no more acceptances. Can anyone comment on the validity of this statement. I asked if more spots opened up from the deposits and she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about.
I got a letter saying that I was selected as an alternate and that if a spot becomes available I would be considered for it. I had to sign a few forms and mail them back. I think they already sent out all acceptances. But it’s not unreasonable to think that some spots might empty up between now and August.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a letter saying that I was selected as an alternate and that if a spot becomes available I would be considered for it. I had to sign a few forms and mail them back. I think they already sent out all acceptances. But it’s not unreasonable to think that some spots might empty up between now and August.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol then what does not alternate, not accepted, not rejected mean?
Lol then what does not alternate, not accepted, not rejected mean?
I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their acceptance spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited:
I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I don’t like being in the dark. I know they filled their class. But I keep getting missed signals
I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I paid my deposit at ECU which I’m really excited about. Just hope I have the option of ECU vs UNC. I would think unless you’re rejected you have a shot but who knows. I just hate being in the dark.
Yeah I don’t like being in the dark. I know they filled their class. But I keep getting missed signals
Yeah I paid my deposit at ECU which I’m really excited about. Just hope I have the option of ECU vs UNC. I would think unless you’re rejected you have a shot but who knows. I just hate being in the dark.
I’m still waiting to hear from ECU. I paid my deposit at WVU but would really like to stay instate. I don’t think you should be worried if you got accepted at ECU. ECU is a great school.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 3rd (tomorrow) is the next day they will offer admission to alternates. Good luck everyone!
UPDATE: Sorry--was misinformed! Not sure when the next admission offers will go out but when I find out, will post.
UPDATE: Sorry--was misinformed! Not sure when the next admission offers will go out but when I find out, will post.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It means you are the alternate of the alternate probably.Lol then what does not alternate, not accepted, not rejected mean?
It means you are the alternate of the alternate probably.
Do you know if unc gives out rejection letters or is it just kind of like a silent rejection?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do not send out hard copy rejection letters but they do email you about rejection.Do you know if unc gives out rejection letters or is it just kind of like a silent rejection?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
any action?
any action?
Today is the deadline for those accepted on December 1st to turn in their forms. We might see some action tomorrow or Friday.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 3rd (tomorrow) is the next day they will offer admission to alternates. Good luck everyone!
We’re people accepted this week? No one posted that they were.
I know a good amount of people who declined UNC so there should be spots opening up!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I know a good amount of people who declined UNC so there should be spots opening up!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Are they OOS or IS?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they OOS or IS?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We’re in-state
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Any OOS peeps declining?
Just found out some knowledge--apparently at least 6 people declined UNC for Harvard, Columbia, ECU etc. So, I second @wgodw1, spots should be opening up. The admissions committee said they are having another meeting because of this, so hopefully in the next month or so, you guys should hear something!
Just found out some knowledge--apparently at least 6 people declined UNC for Harvard, Columbia, ECU etc. So, I second @wgodw1, spots should be opening up. The admissions committee said they are having another meeting because of this, so hopefully in the next month or so, you guys should hear something!
Just a question out of curiosity. But if they already have a waitlist and I was told on the phone that the waitlist is ranked, why would there be another meeting to discuss to fill those spots? Especially considering the people that didn't receive waitlist letters and are waitlist of the waitlist.
Just a question out of curiosity. But if they already have a waitlist and I was told on the phone that the waitlist is ranked, why would there be another meeting to discuss to fill those spots? Especially considering the people that didn't receive waitlist letters and are waitlist of the waitlist.
In an email I got from Carolyn Oakes she told me that the waitlist is not ranked. They would have to meet to reevaluate applicants.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In an email I got from Carolyn Oakes she told me that the waitlist is not ranked. They would have to meet to reevaluate applicants.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She told me the same. That’s why they need to meet again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a question out of curiosity. But if they already have a waitlist and I was told on the phone that the waitlist is ranked, why would there be another meeting to discuss to fill those spots? Especially considering the people that didn't receive waitlist letters and are waitlist of the waitlist.
Yes—it’s not ranked because when someone does not accept the offer, UNC has to then match that person’s gender and ethnicity because the class has to reflect the population of NC. For example, if a male Hispanic declines a spot, they have to find a male Hispanic to take that person’s place (or probably if a female White and an Asian male both declined, they could accept an Asian female and white male perhaps). There’s no ranked waitlist because they can’t predict what race/gender will decline and don’t have a replacement right then and there. Make sense?
Yes—it’s not ranked because when someone does not accept the offer, UNC has to then match that person’s gender and ethnicity because the class has to reflect the population of NC. For example, if a male Hispanic declines a spot, they have to find a male Hispanic to take that person’s place (or probably if a female White and an Asian male both declined, they could accept an Asian female and white male perhaps). There’s no ranked waitlist because they can’t predict what race/gender will decline and don’t have a replacement right then and there. Make sense?
Why have people that aren’t waitlisted and aren’t rejected. Sounds pointless.
Why have people that aren’t waitlisted and aren’t rejected. Sounds pointless.
Just in case the waitlist doesn’t match the demographics that declined, then they will have to accept those?
I was rejected without interview a couple months ago. Just got an e-mail today from the undergrad admissions department addressed to "Tj" with my last name. My name is not Tj and I have never been called Tj. Why do you hate me UNC?
Congrats!!! I was waitlisted and still haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else get a call yet?
Just got a call that I was accepted this evening!
Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you were an alternate (or got an alternate letter)?
IS or OOS?Just got a call that I was accepted this evening!
I got an alternate letter a few weeks ago!Congrats! Do you mind if I ask if you were an alternate (or got an alternate letter)?
ISIS or OOS?
I called Carolyn today and she said they have a full class. Spots did not open up on Jan 3rd
It was noted before that the class was filled before January, but recently atleast six people were declining their offers and those spots were going to the alternate list. Does that mean that Carolyn meant those 6 alternate spots were filled?I called Carolyn today and she said they have a full class. Spots did not open up on Jan 3rd
Yeah that’s what I’m confused about too.It was noted before that the class was filled before January, but recently atleast six people were declining their offers and those spots were going to the alternate list. Does that mean that Carolyn meant those 6 alternate spots were filled?
I asked “so spots didn’t open on Jan 3rd?” And she said no, the class is full. So I’m not really sure if she just can’t disclose or what but that’s what she saidIt was noted before that the class was filled before January, but recently atleast six people were declining their offers and those spots were going to the alternate list. Does that mean that Carolyn meant those 6 alternate spots were filled?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what’s going on at this point?
I would sit tight for now—I could be wrong but I believe accepted students with deposit liabilities have until April or May to finalize a single school decision.Anyone know what’s going on at this point?
I asked “so spots didn’t open on Jan 3rd?” And she said no, the class is full. So I’m not really sure if she just can’t disclose or what but that’s what she said
She told me the same thing but when I called late December. She said spots weren’t going to open up. So I think they’re just saying that.
If UNC is your go-to for the Fall and you don't mind having a medical student roommate, send me an email at [email protected]
Reeeeeejected. TarHeel born, TarHeel bred, but no TarHeel dentist. On a lighter note ... GTHD
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K