You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by DentMuze
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
So everyone who didn't recieve an interview invite is rejected at this point?Hey guys, I’m currently a D1 at UNC. To answer your question, the last interview date for this cycle is scheduled for this Saturday, November 4th. Good luck to those interviewing and to those who did not receive an interview, don’t ever give up!
You guys think there might be a difference btw “application complete” and “received/under review”?
Mine just changed to "invited for interview" recently, is was "received/under review" before that (Nov 4 interview)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine changed from received/ app complete to received /under review and to received/ app completeMy status changed today to 'Received/Under Review' again. Did that happen to yours as well?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Mine changed from received/ app complete to received /under review and to received/ app complete
Same
When did you have your interview?Same
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
When did you have your interview?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
September
Same. Mine changed back to "application complete" today.September
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
How was the reception tonight?
So everyone who didn't recieve an interview invite is rejected at this point?
Unfortunately, if you didn’t get an interview, you are no longer being considered for this cycle.
Unfortunately, if you didn’t get an interview, you are no longer being considered for this cycle.
Pretty sure there is still a January interview
When I was there for an interview, they said they were only doing pre-december interviews this cycle.Pretty sure there is still a January interview
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Pretty sure there is still a January interview
Our administration decided to increase the amount of people in the pre-December interviews this year to absorb our January interview that has been held in the past. This let’s all the perspective candidates know sooner if they’ve been accepted so they can make a more informed decision on which school they choose to attend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our administration decided to increase the amount of people in the pre-December interviews this year to absorb our January interview that has been held in the past. This let’s all the perspective candidates know sooner if they’ve been accepted so they can make a more informed decision on which school they choose to attend.
Very nice. Didn’t hear that at my interview. Glad to hear. Thanks for the insights.
I know this sounds insane, but does anybodies AADSAS portal still say “invited to interview?” Mine says “application complete” and I just was curious because I know at ECU they said if your portal still says invited to interview you are still being considered. Like I said I may just be overthinking it I just wanted to see what everybody else’s was saying, thanks everyone!
I know this sounds insane, but does anybodies AADSAS portal still say “invited to interview?” Mine says “application complete” and I just was curious because I know at ECU they said if your portal still says invited to interview you are still being considered. Like I said I may just be overthinking it I just wanted to see what everybody else’s was saying, thanks everyone!
Mine says “application complete” as well. I’m pretty sure that’s normal. Different schools probably do it differently.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know this sounds insane, but does anybodies AADSAS portal still say “invited to interview?” Mine says “application complete” and I just was curious because I know at ECU they said if your portal still says invited to interview you are still being considered. Like I said I may just be overthinking it I just wanted to see what everybody else’s was saying, thanks everyone!
I interviewed on Saturday and my status changed to “application complete” today. I don’t think it means anything. After I’ve interviewed, some schools have kept my status as invited and others have changed it to app complete. It seems to vary by school.
Mine says “application complete” as well. I’m pretty sure that’s normal. Different schools probably do it differently.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alright thanks!I interviewed on Saturday and my status changed to “application complete” today. I don’t think it means anything. After I’ve interviewed, some schools have kept my status as invited and others have changed it to app complete. It seems to vary by school.
Hey would you be able to shed light on application complete vs check back on Dec 1 or any of it means anything specifically for UNC? Also, I remember them saying something about the admission being different or something this year after Dec 1, maybe no waitlist? I can't remember...Hey guys, I’m currently a D1 at UNC. To answer your question, the last interview date for this cycle is scheduled for this Saturday, November 4th. Good luck to those interviewing and to those who did not receive an interview, don’t ever give up!
Did you get 'check back on dec 1st' in your app status?Hey would you be able to shed light on application complete vs check back on Dec 1 or any of it means anything specifically for UNC? Also, I remember them saying something about the admission being different or something this year after Dec 1, maybe no waitlist? I can't remember...
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Nah just saw that some other schools were doing it and thought maybe there's a chance all of us up here with "app complete" from unc might just be DOA....Did you get 'check back on dec 1st' in your app status?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Just for clarification, haven't received an interview does that mean I am definitely rejected?
Hey would you be able to shed light on application complete vs check back on Dec 1 or any of it means anything specifically for UNC? Also, I remember them saying something about the admission being different or something this year after Dec 1, maybe no waitlist? I can't remember...
Unfortunately, I don’t know what the specific wordings mean this year. My status went from “invited for interview” to “received/under review” following the interview and then to “offer made” about 2 1/2 weeks later and then finally “offer accepted”!
Just for clarification, haven't received an interview does that mean I am definitely rejected?
Yeah, unfortunately there will not be any additional interviews at UNC for the current cycle. Keep your head up and best of luck on the rest of your applications!
Darn, this was a top choice of mine to. Oh well hopefully I start hearing from other schools!Yeah, unfortunately there will not be any additional interviews at UNC for the current cycle. Keep your head up and best of luck on the rest of your applications!
Does anyone know if they will release all the acceptance letters at once on Dec. 1? Or will they release them in waves? The timeline on the website says Dec. 1 and that deposits have to be made by Jan. 3 so I assume all acceptance letters should be sent out by then?
They will call you at some point to let you know you've been accepted before you receive anything in the mail.Does anyone know if they will release all the acceptance letters at once on Dec. 1? Or will they release them in waves? The timeline on the website says Dec. 1 and that deposits have to be made by Jan. 3 so I assume all acceptance letters should be sent out by then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone yet...?
I think someone in the general acceptance/rejection thread got an offer like over an hour ago. I didn't get anything yet.Anyone yet...?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Heard someone got a call today around 8:00a from UNC with acceptance. They should start rolling in!
Got the call at 6 AM MST
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
Just asked an admissions committee member if UNC will call everyone who got excepted today and he said: yes by 5 PM today. Obviously, not everyone will except the offer so they will be sending out acceptances after the deadline for the deposit date ends in a few weeks.
Not til 5p today.Is it time to throw in the white towel?
Some people were offered scholarships today. It's possible to have them offered later too I would think!Just got an acceptance call from them! So happy!!! Does anyone know if/when UNC offers any scholarships?
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Not til 5p today.
Do we know if we are on the wait list or rejected if we aren't contacted by 5pm? Really doubt they are going to contact me in the last hour or so and would love to know if I still have a shot through the wait list. Also do you know if the wait list is ranked?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted! For those of you that do not receive a call today, there is no need to panic. There will be multiple people that are accepted that decline UNC for elsewhere, so there will be waitlist movement. Last year the class was not full until after April. Some people will decline immediately while others may put a deposit down, get into another school later, and then withdraw from UNC. So keep your head up!
Regarding the waitlist, at some point in time (if things are still being done the same way as previous years) you will get an email that asks you if you want to be remain on the waitlist.
Regarding scholarships, some may get them with there offer letter, but there will also be a scholarship application that is due after the first week of classes that is available to all students.
If people have further questions about the school/classes/social life/etc, feel free to PM me. We are in the middle of our finals week and end next Friday, so I will likely not be very responsive until after that is over. Good luck!
Regarding the waitlist, at some point in time (if things are still being done the same way as previous years) you will get an email that asks you if you want to be remain on the waitlist.
Regarding scholarships, some may get them with there offer letter, but there will also be a scholarship application that is due after the first week of classes that is available to all students.
If people have further questions about the school/classes/social life/etc, feel free to PM me. We are in the middle of our finals week and end next Friday, so I will likely not be very responsive until after that is over. Good luck!
Do we know if we are on the wait list or rejected if we aren't contacted by 5pm? Really doubt they are going to contact me in the last hour or so and would love to know if I still have a shot through the wait list. Also do you know if the wait list is ranked?[/QUOTE
If you aren't contacted today, most likely you are waitlisted until you receive a rejection email, which hopefully won't happen! UNC does rank the waitlist. And they may be able to tell you your number on it.
Thank you for offerring this opportunity! I am an OOS applicant. What I am most worried about is the OOS tuition. I find different UNC sources having different estimates for OOS students. Like during my interview, I got 2 separate papers. One said the estimated tuition and fees for OOS to be 92K, whereas the other one said it to be 82K. So I am really confused as to which one I can trust. Also, how hard is it to get in state residency second year? That would really help.Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted! For those of you that do not receive a call today, there is no need to panic. There will be multiple people that are accepted that decline UNC for elsewhere, so there will be waitlist movement. Last year the class was not full until after April. Some people will decline immediately while others may put a deposit down, get into another school later, and then withdraw from UNC. So keep your head up!
Regarding the waitlist, at some point in time (if things are still being done the same way as previous years) you will get an email that asks you if you want to be remain on the waitlist.
Regarding scholarships, some may get them with there offer letter, but there will also be a scholarship application that is due after the first week of classes that is available to all students.
If people have further questions about the school/classes/social life/etc, feel free to PM me. We are in the middle of our finals week and end next Friday, so I will likely not be very responsive until after that is over. Good luck!
I got an offer from UT Houston too, and they are offering me a 6000 dollar scholarship with allows me to be considered in state. So for UT Houston my cumulative loans for tuition and fees would be about 160K. Nonetheless, UNC is my first choice mainly primarily bc I love the state of NC and the fact that UNC is really big on community service. That is something that I am really looking forward to.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I'm not OOS, but I have many classmates that are and there is a list of things that you have to do to get IS tuition after the first year. Dr. Morano will talk about it in orientation (I'm sure you could email him too). But those things include changing your license, registering to vote, etc. Also, the COL is much lower than the school estimates. I can eat out a lot and still do fun things (concerts, going away for a weekend, etc.) and I am still pretty easily staying around $1100/month including rent and utilities and stuff like that. As an IS student, my loans will probably be somewhere around $160k, but if you get IS after the first year, then I imagine you'd be somewhere around 180-200k.Thank you for offerring this opportunity! I am an OOS applicant. What I am most worried about is the OOS tuition. I find different UNC sources having different estimates for OOS students. Like during my interview, I got 2 separate papers. One said the estimated tuition and fees for OOS to be 92K, whereas the other one said it to be 82K. So I am really confused as to which one I can trust. Also, how hard is it to get in state residency second year? That would really help.
I got an offer from UT Houston too, and they are offering me a 6000 dollar scholarship with allows me to be considered in state. So for UT Houston my cumulative loans for tuition and fees would be about 160K. Nonetheless, UNC is my first choice mainly primarily bc I love the state of NC and the fact that UNC is really big on community service. That is something that I am really looking forward to.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Also as I mentioned before, the scholarship application will be another chance for you to plead your case and potentially get more money (I know a lot of OOS students that got some). It's going to be a tough decision between the two schools I'm sure, but I don't know anyone in my class that doesn't love it here.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K