***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Have anyone got rejected with an interview? I feel like they put everyone with an interview but not accepted into the waitlist...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted :/

So I got the call this morning!

When do we get the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted via e-mail as well :( Gosh darn it, UNE. Stop tugging my heartstrings :( I hope the waitlist moves quickly.

Got an are you still interested email today. No interview yet. Anyone know when they stop interviewing?

For those that got accepted, how long until you got the email following your phone call?

So does anyone know if the anatomy pre-req applys to the 2021 class or does it take effect for the 2022 class? I don't remember it being listed when I applied in the summer...

For those that got accepted, how long until you got the email following your phone call?
I haven't gotten my email yet and I was called at 9:20 am yesterday. Did you get yours?

So does anyone know if the anatomy pre-req applys to the 2021 class or does it take effect for the 2022 class? I don't remember it being listed when I applied in the summer...
it applies to the 2021 class!

Hey guys! So i purchased ADEA's 2016 guide to getting into dental school this summer when i was applying to schools and anatomy was never listed as a prerequisite and now im pretty bummed out about it because according to the previous posts it is required for the class applying this cycle? Can anyone give me more info on this? Did i just waste my money applying here even though i don't have the prerequisite. I filled out the supplementary and everything and never knew about this till now

Reactions: 1 users
can someone please be more specific about what the anatomy requirement is?

Hey guys! So i purchased ADEA's 2016 guide to getting into dental school this summer when i was applying to schools and anatomy was never listed as a prerequisite and now im pretty bummed out about it because according to the previous posts it is required for the class applying this cycle? Can anyone give me more info on this? Did i just waste my money applying here even though i don't have the prerequisite. I filled out the supplementary and everything and never knew about this till now

Same thing happened to me! Pretty annoying. I just registered for a community college Anatomy and Physiology I course and they said that was totally fine. Definitely sucks to spend even more money though..

can someone please be more specific about what the anatomy requirement is?

My acceptance letter says "4 Semester Hours of Human Anatomy with Lab"

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students facebook page yet?

My class's group was created right around this time. Along with acceptance, a link to the facebook group was sent to me through another email.

Congrats! :)

Is it possible to email to ask where we are on the waitlist?

Did anyone get any confirmation after submitting the continued interest form?

Got an invite today morning!

App complete: 9/21
OGPA: 3.66 SGPA: 3.5
DAT: 20AA/21TS/24 RC

This morning I was invited to an interview at UNE! So excited

Could anyone shed some light on the interview format for UNE?

Got accepted, but I'm really worried about the cost of tuition.

Anybody else have plans for paying everything back? I'm not sure if I'd rather reject it and try again for cheaper schools next semester.

Got an interview Saturday morning as well! Would llove to have some info on the interview format as well

Could anyone shed some light on the interview format for UNE?

It is MMI format. It is all timed and goes by so quickly. I think that's as much as anyone can share, given the confidentiality agreement. Don't be nervous about it - I had so much fun! And everyone else in my interview group seemed to enjoy it as well.

The MMI was pretty fun actually, just try your best to plan your answer quickly and be concise while drawing on personal experiences.

based on previous years it doesn't look like the waitlist moves until mid feb. :(

just declined my interview since i never took a&p! hopefully one of u get it! :)

Got accepted, but I'm really worried about the cost of tuition.

Anybody else have plans for paying everything back? I'm not sure if I'd rather reject it and try again for cheaper schools next semester.

I am applying for the HPSP scholarship. I am prior service Marine Corps, so I understand the military lifestyle isn't for everyone, but speaking strictly from experience, I can say that military medicine is completely different than the rest of the military. It's at least worth looking into!

I am applying for the HPSP scholarship. I am prior service Marine Corps, so I understand the military lifestyle isn't for everyone, but speaking strictly from experience, I can say that military medicine is completely different than the rest of the military. It's at least worth looking into!

Same here. My dad was in the Navy for med school and I thought about that route, but the way people are talking about their scholarships being more competitive nowadays I don't want to bank on that.

If you had taken a comparative anatomy course with lab or something similar that you may feel would pass for A+P, they may accept that as credit. It all depends on how in depth you may have gone in the class itself.

If I've had yet to get an interview here, should I assume I'm rejected? I have yet to take microbio lab (which is a prereq according to the website) but am enrolled in the class for this semester. Should I just assume the worst and save the money and take it next semester?

If I've had yet to get an interview here, should I assume I'm rejected? I have yet to take microbio lab (which is a prereq according to the website) but am enrolled in the class for this semester. Should I just assume the worst and save the money and take it next semester?

I got an interview even without having microbio, so not having the class doesn't cause a rejection. I think as long as you plan to finish the prereq before enrolling into dental school, you'll be fine.

This was a big factor in my decision to pick UNE as the school I will attend next year. But have you heard any details about the rotations from a student that has been through it? I'm curious to know if they actually have it put together yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
What do you want to know? Most of us have already done one and are heading out to our second one.

What do you want to know? Most of us have already done one and are heading out to our second one.

How was the overall experience? Did you feel like it was a good idea to do the rotations vs staying in the clinic at UNE? Are you able to pick where you go? Are you responsible for finding a place to stay for each rotation?

Declined my interview here! Hope someone eagerly waiting gets it!

:xf:Also waitlisted and waiting to hear. Hoping for the best!

How was the overall experience? Did you feel like it was a good idea to do the rotations vs staying in the clinic at UNE? Are you able to pick where you go? Are you responsible for finding a place to stay for each rotation?

It is a great experience. You see far more patients than you will see at the school. Every site is different. Some are private practices, most are community based or FQHC sites. You can rank your preferences, so you have half the input the the school has the other half. Some sites have housing provided, some do not. The school helped us by decreasing tuition for the fourth year by a few grand so we could use it for living expenses if need be.

It is a great experience. You see far more patients than you will see at the school. Every site is different. Some are private practices, most are community based or FQHC sites. You can rank your preferences, so you have half the input the the school has the other half. Some sites have housing provided, some do not. The school helped us by decreasing tuition for the fourth year by a few grand so we could use it for living expenses if need be.

Thank you for all this info!

Where are you able to do rotations? Just in the New England area or are they connecting with more places further out in the US?

I'd just like to say that this waiting game is torture

Tough decision, but giving up me seat here. Hope someone waiting heard some good news soon!

Gave up my seat last week, hope one of you guys gets it :)

so according to previous threads, those of us waitlisted right now should hear something this week or early next week:nailbiting:

has anyone initially waitlisted been accepted??