The Official UNE Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long after your application did you guys get an email for a supplemental? All I got back in September were two emails saying thank you for applying and wait to hear from them.

Members don't see this ad.

In what way do you mean "more personal"? Like topics that we would not be able to predict and prepare for or personal question like why we chose dentistry and talking about ourselves?
They never ask "why dentistry" or "why UNE". they were more so questions like "out of x number of these character traits, which applies most/least to you" and "tell me about a time you had an academic and non academic time conflict" They were questions to try and figure out your personality and how you would handle certain situations

Anyone have an interview of Thursday like me? If so I'll be there tomorrow night around 6:30pm and was wondering if anyone would like to meet up and see some of the city of Portland. If so let me know here or direct message me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips on what you earlier interviewers did to prepare (other than what's stated above)?

Reactions: 1 user
I have yet to be invited for a supplemental here. I got a 3.67 oGPA, and a 3.72 sGPA. 20AA/21TS. Is this just a simple rejection? Applied in August btw.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like it is not. I got mine a day or two after my application was completed. However, I haven't interviewed here or heard back yet so I am not sure. Best of luck!

If I changed my degree but it is not updated on AADSAS, should I inform the dental school of this before my interview? Or does it not matter much? I already have a bachelors degree, the one I'm changing is my second one I'd be done with in May

If I changed my degree but it is not updated on AADSAS, should I inform the dental school of this before my interview? Or does it not matter much? I already have a bachelors degree, the one I'm changing is my second one I'd be done with in May

The interview is closed file so it won't matter.

The interview is closed file so it won't matter.
I may be wrong but I believe that they make the decision whether to accept you or not shortly after your interview. So while it may not effect the interview it self, if you believe your new major will positively influence their decision, I would be sure to inform them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I may be wrong but I believe that they make the decision whether to accept you or not shortly after your interview. So while it may not effect the interview it self, if you believe your new major will positively influence their decision, I would be sure to inform them.
I'm switching from chemical engineering to chemistry, but I wrote about how chemical engineering relates to dentistry in my PS. I called today though and they said not to worry about it just update when the academic update comes. Do you think I should tell them specifically what it is? It's also just a second bachelor's, my first one is in human physiology

I'm switching from chemical engineering to chemistry, but I wrote about how chemical engineering relates to dentistry in my PS. I called today though and they said not to worry about it just update when the academic update comes. Do you think I should tell them specifically what it is? It's also just a second bachelor's, my first one is in human physiology
It's not like you're going from art to chemistry so I think you're okay. Unless it comes up during your interview I don't see a need to make it a point to let them know. They don't seem too worried about it.

It's not like you're going from art to chemistry so I think you're okay. Unless it comes up during your interview I don't see a need to make it a point to let them know. They don't seem too worried about it.
okay, thanks for your input! I will relax a little lol

About how long did it take to receive an interview following supplemental being received?

Anyone interviewing on Nov 9th willing to share a place?
Any feedback about the good/safe neighborhoods to stay would be appreciated.

Anyone interviewing on Nov 9th willing to share a place?
Any feedback about the good/safe neighborhoods to stay would be appreciated.
Check out choicehotels.com and sign up to be a member. It's free and they don't send you any advertising emails or spam. You get discounts on a bunch of hotels. I stayed at Quality Inn and Suites for around $90 a night. It wasn't the Ritz, but just fine for 2 nights. The hotel was about 10-15 minutes from the school. Fireside Inn and Suites is also a decent place, but you'll hit a toll booth heading to and from the school that costs $1.00.

Application completed on Oct 23, received an invite Oct 24. Can't believe I heard back so fast. Interview is on Nov 16!

Dang that is awesome! Are you from the New England region?
Yes, I am from Maine. While I don't know exactly why I got an interview so fast, that could very well be part of the reason. I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw that invite in my email the next day. Very excited!

Yes, I am from Maine. While I don't know exactly why I got an interview so fast, that could very well be part of the reason. I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw that invite in my email the next day. Very excited!
Hi i live in NH right on the border of kittery, Maine! I'm hoping to go to UNE. May i ask what your stats are? How did you do on the DAT???!

Hi i live in NH right on the border of kittery, Maine! I'm hoping to go to UNE. May i ask what your stats are? How did you do on the DAT???!
I'm probably not a good baseline for stats as I am a non-traditional applicant. I was previously a mechanical engineer, but realized I should be fixing people instead of machines.

I also helped build a dental office from the ground up. Helping design the office layout, buying/installing dental equipment, purchasing, bookkeeping, logo design/ branding, website development, etc. So I have a pretty different experience than most. So take from this what you will.

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
What did you guys think? I really liked the school and the dean was hilarious.

I loved it! They were so funny together. Made me hungry for donuts so I went and got one after :laugh: I really liked the MMI Format. I felt so comfortable with the interviewers, although I do agree with some other posters that I felt like I did not have enough time to get my point across at times. I also felt like at some points I was repeating myself because the questions were a little similar. Excited for December 1st!

I interviewed back in September and loved the school too! Really hoping to hear from them Dec 1st!

anyone interviewing the 16th? kinda nervous for MMI format!

I loved it! They were so funny together. Made me hungry for donuts so I went and got one after :laugh: I really liked the MMI Format. I felt so comfortable with the interviewers, although I do agree with some other posters that I felt like I did not have enough time to get my point across at times. I also felt like at some points I was repeating myself because the questions were a little similar. Excited for December 1st!

Yup I found myself repeating some things, also. But I don’t that will be detrimental to us at all.

Does anyone know how many on avg the school accepts on Dec 1? I know the class is 64, but do they usually accept more than 64 students?

Does anyone know how many on avg the school accepts on Dec 1? I know the class is 64, but do they usually accept more than 64 students?

Yes, they accept way more than 64. In the ADEA guide, for out of state students, 168 were offered admission out of the 285 that interviewed there.

Yes, they accept way more than 64. In the ADEA guide, for out of state students, 168 were offered admission out of the 285 that interviewed there.
Do you know where I can find the ADEA book? I would like to look up other schools as well.

Do you know where I can find the ADEA book? I would like to look up other schools as well.

Yes, you can buy directly from the ADEA website. I have the printed copy myself. There's an online version but I've heard it doesn't have the Tables where it shows you the info you're looking for.

ADEA

Yes, you can buy directly from the ADEA website. I have the printed copy myself. There's an online version but I've heard it doesn't have the Tables where it shows you the info you're looking for.

ADEA
Thank you! Do you mind telling me what it says for the Texas schools please? I am sorry for the bother :/

I will be there on the 16th! Have you received any info for the interview process or day schedule yet? I am still waiting for that email.
No I haven't received any info either! I just know one of the emails said we would be at the school until approximately 4:30 PM. What time does yours start? Mine starts at 11:30!

No I haven't received any info either! I just know one of the emails said we would be at the school until approximately 4:30 PM. What time does yours start? Mine starts at 11:30!
Mine is at 11:30 also, so I guess I will be seeing you then!

thanks!! how did you prepare for it?

There is no way to prepare for it. They make it that way on purpose. Just be confident! Some of the questions are challenging but nothing over the top like some schools have asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.