THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone!

I'm selling the Mandatory UNE-approved webcam and whiteboard(retails for $53.50 on STUDENT ESSENTIALS) and Holscience Hands-On Lab Kit LabPaq (retails for $91 + shipping). Both were gently used and in near perfect condition with all of their original components. Everything is also in its original packaging. These were used for UNE online Physics II (PHYS 1011) course.

Webcam+ whiteboard
Price: $40 (includes shipping)

Holscience Hands-On Lab Kit LabPaq
Price: $80 (includes shipping)

If you want more information or pictures of the items, message me!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am looking to take Anatomy, Physics I and Orgo I this coming fall. I have no other commitments and therefore, will be spending all my time focused on these three courses. Does anybody have advice as to whether doing all three at the same time is doable? All other insights into these courses are welcome as well! Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am looking to take Anatomy, Physics I and Orgo I this coming fall. I have no other commitments and therefore, will be spending all my time focused on these three courses. Does anybody have advice as to whether doing all three at the same time is doable? All other insights into these courses are welcome as well! Thanks.
Hey so I took physics and biochemistry and finished both within 5 weeks of starting. I think you'll definitely be able to manage the three courses during the fall semester. For physics really put in a lot of effort for the labs because they are weighted so much and it helps offset any lower test scores. Just study the material they give you and if you need extra help go to khan academy. If you have any other questions feel free to message me! I am also selling some of the material you will need for the course so lmk. Definitely get all your material before you start so you're not waiting on stuff to arrive. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so I took physics and biochemistry and finished both within 5 weeks of starting. I think you'll definitely be able to manage the three courses during the fall semester. For physics really put in a lot of effort for the labs because they are weighted so much and it helps offset any lower test scores. Just study the material they give you and if you need extra help go to khan academy. If you have any other questions feel free to message me! I am also selling some of the material you will need for the course so lmk. Definitely get all your material before you start so you're not waiting on stuff to arrive. Best of luck!
Hey there, thank you so much for your reply, I really appreciate it. I decided to take the courses at Doane University online but I’d assume that a lot of your advice would still be quite relevant, especially in regard to using khan academy and other external resources online. All the best!

For the weeks that had no lab submission tabs do you just submit the materials directly to the professor? Currently taking physics II and noticed that some weeks don't have any submissions required for specific labs.

For the weeks that had no lab submission tabs do you just submit the materials directly to the professor? Currently taking physics II and noticed that some weeks don't have any submissions required for specific labs.
If that given week had no submission box it meant that there was no lab due that week. Double check with your professor.

If you also need any of the supplies: webcame+ white board, lab materials etc. message me!

Has anyone taken the midterm yet? If so, please help me out with what to know/how you studied/what was on it! Will I be okay if I just review old tests/quizzes? Thanks!

Has anyone taken the midterm yet? If so, please help me out with what to know/how you studied/what was on it! Will I be okay if I just review old tests/quizzes? Thanks!

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but does anyone know what the different course codes mean? for orgo 2 on the july 21st start date, the codes are CHEM 1021 07N 3094 & CHEM 1021 07O 3095 but i can't tell which professor is teaching which section.

what course?

I had already started taking this course at a different university and was about half way through the semester with an 'A' when I got a job opportunity that I couldn't refuse across the country. So I took it and dropped the class. Thinking I had time to finish the course as I wasn't going to get a spot. Then I did and was scrambling. lol. Anyways, I did 6 labs in one day and then the other 8 the next day. Took a day to do the unit projects. Homeworks/quizzes a day a piece... TBH, I probably spent 2 hours a day working on stuff. Give or take. Minus the labs that took all day to do.
how did you study for the exams?

Does anybody have an advice for Physics 2 (1011)? how to study for exam 2 and exam 3? any resources utilized? tutoring services? techniques to solve problems?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I just finished taking a class from UNE. If anyone is trying to buy the required webcam + whiteboard, I'm trying to sell mine for super cheap. If i understood it correctly, everyone is required to buy this exact brand of whiteboard and camera. I only took one class so both items have only been used for one test, about 60 minutes - basically brand new. Please message me if you're interested! Good luck to those that are currently taking any class!
Hi! I know this was a year ago, but if you haven’t sold it, [email protected] :)

Hi there. Thank you for your information. I am very much on the fence about taking my Biochemistry, Microbiology, and statistics here. Would you recommend. I'm not the strongest in O chem. I had to retake o chem 1 and 2 to get B+.

Please email me at [email protected] with any information. I am severely delaying signing up for fear of not having my instructor or classmates to talk to. Did you get to message any class mates or tutor with anyone

Does anybody have an advice for Physics 2 (1011)? how to study for exam 2 and exam 3? any resources utilized? tutoring services? techniques to solve problems?
Hey message me if you have questions- took Physics II and passed with an A.

Hi there. Thank you for your information. I am very much on the fence about taking my Biochemistry, Microbiology, and statistics here. Would you recommend. I'm not the strongest in O chem. I had to retake o chem 1 and 2 to get B+.

Please email me at [email protected] with any information. I am severely delaying signing up for fear of not having my instructor or classmates to talk to. Did you get to message any class mates or tutor with anyone
Hey message me on here if you have any questions! I took biochemistry at Portage Learning (through geneva college so it is accredited) and I really recommend them. Not sure how it is at any other university.

Wondering if anyone could give me any insight into whether or not this program might be a good fit for my SO?

She is finishing her undergrad this semester, but will need to do some reinvention after graduation. She will graduate with sub 3 science GPA, and D's in 3 pre reqs she needs to retake (Ochem 1 and 2, and Physiology).

There's a large state school she can start taking classes at next summer, but taking classes at UNECOM then or maybe in the spring seems like another possibility.

Does anyone have any recommendations on whether doing these retakes at UNECOM could be a good path for during her reinvention?

Hey message me if you have questions- took Physics II and passed with an A.
Hey ! yes please let me know of any successful tips you may have or any resources I should focus on for sure. I should be taking Exam 2 pretty soon and want to know how best to prepare for it.

Hello has anyone take BIOL 1011 at UNE? i have to take the midterm soon and wanted to know if anyone knew what it is like. I've been just watching the lectures and havent taken notes, so I dont know if I should start taking notes on the lectures to do well on the midterm. I would appreciate if someone who took the class let me know. Thank you!

Hi everyone!

I'm selling the Mandatory UNE-approved webcam and whiteboard(retails for $53.50 on STUDENT ESSENTIALS) and Holscience Hands-On Lab Kit LabPaq (retails for $91 + shipping). Both were gently used and in near perfect condition with all of their original components. Everything is also in its original packaging. These were used for UNE online Physics II (PHYS 1011) course.

Webcam+ whiteboard

Price: $80 (includes shipping)

Hey, did you sell this yet?

Has anyone taken the Human Anatomy course recently? I am coming up on the midterm and would love to know what I need to focus on.

Currently in both lecture and lab. Lab is pretty straightforward. Really not difficult at all, and the professor I have doesn't even care what my answers are as long as I write something. I had some type of cross-contamination and my experiment was completely messed up and I somehow ended up with a 100. As for the lecture, if you really grind and are not working full time, you can easily bang it out in 6-8 weeks. Every chapter (30 total) has a 20 question test and 19 of the questions are usually on quizlet. It is completely possible to go into the final with a 100. As for the quality of the videos... they're subpar at best. I feel like the person lecturing them didn't actually make them because some things she says will contradict the powerpoint. It seems like all of the quiz questions are from the textbook, which I didn't buy, but they're not awful. I take the final in a few weeks, but when I'm done I'll post a more in depth post about the course and the other courses I've taken at UNE. Hope this helps!
How was the final exam?

Do you guys think taking anatomy and microbiology together is doable? I am currently working full-time but thinking of quitting and focusing on these two courses. Are these courses hard at UNE online?

For Medical Biochemistry Chem 1005, below I have my thoughts on the latter half of the course. See my previous post for the first half of the course which I posted on this thread:

Just finished the final for the class and got a 45/50 on the final. Took it with Dr. Morris but it doesn't matter who you take it with because the lectures are all the same by the same teacher. A buddy of mine took it a year before with another teacher and I showed him my blackboard and he said everything was the same. I took the full 16 weeks to complete the course, but not due to the difficulty but just no desire to push through quickly. You could easily get through this course in 8-10 weeks, and if you were an overachiever you could bust this out in 5-6 weeks if you have no other/minimal obligations, but it will be mentally taxing.

Overall got an A in the class and I feel it wasn't easy but it also was not extremely difficult. Compared to Ochem and Physics (I did not take these two through UNE) this class was a walk in the park. Unit 3 and 4 build off of unit 1 and 2, moreso unit 2 as it works off of the pentose phosphate pathway, gluconeogenesis, glycolysis and other connections. Just like my Unit 1 and 2, I did not thoroughly study the units 3 and 4 as I went through them. Each unit requires a Case Connection which gives you four scenarios with biochemistry related to the unit and you have to pick two to answer in depth. Each unit also requires a "pathway response" where you pose a question to the class related to the unit readings, and also answer two other classmates questions. I got A's on all my assignments because I did thorough work, my lowest score on any of these was a 90%. I find you can get through a pathway response and case connection both in about 4 hours. The end of the unit tests are not bad because you can check your answer online, but the midterm and final which are worth 40% of the grade are proctored through proctor U.

Unit 1 and 2 as you'll see in my previous post are a grind, especially unit 1 because its a new class, new information, and you have no idea what's important and the textbook sucks camel d***s. The textbook covers wayyyy more crap than you need to know and its important TO STAY FOCUSED ON THE STUDY GUIDE AND LECTURE VIDEOS! Unit 3 and 4 are much more doable because it builds off of the first 2 units and you now know what to expect.

Now before where I said "TO STAY FOCUSED ON THE STUDY GUIDE AND LECTURE VIDEOS" is so crucial and here's why. I hated the textbook so much (and I read everything for unit 1 and 2) that I did not read A SINGLE CHAPTER for Unit 3 and 4 and yet I still got a 45/50 on the final and an A in the class. After I took the midterm, I realized that the lecture video with the study guide and AK Lectures covered everything I needed to know for the exams. Studying for the final, I popped the book open once to check a question I had about gluconeogensis from Unit 2, but that was it.

If you have any other questions about the course please feel free to comment or DM
Do you know which AK Lectures that you watched? or did you just kinda watch all of them

Has anyone taken the Human Anatomy course recently? I am coming up on the midterm and would love to know what I need to focus on.
About to take the mid term and I am looking for some guidance on what and how to study, any recommendations ?

Debating on if I should take OCHM II through UNE. Can someone explain how the exams work?

Debating on if I should take OCHM II through UNE. Can someone explain how the exams work?
Took that course with Dr. Gianatassio and speaking as someone who sucks at ochem it was stupid easy- the exams and homework are both through Achieve so they have you drawing out molecules through their software which is pretty annoying, but there's a decent bit of multiple choice in there, too. Lmk if you have more questions about it!

I was privately told than the UNE online ochem courses were completely redone and are no longer easy. I've taken organic chemistry twice and dropped it each time. I did fine in all of the other courses.

Reactions: 1 users
Took that course with Dr. Gianatassio and speaking as someone who sucks at ochem it was stupid easy- the exams and homework are both through Achieve so they have you drawing out molecules through their software which is pretty annoying, but there's a decent bit of multiple choice in there, too. Lmk if you have more questions about it!
I’m taking it with him right now. I only have the final left. What was on it? What was it like? How did you study for it?

I’m taking it with him right now. I only have the final left. What was on it? What was it like? How did you study for it?
I don't remember a ton of specifics at this point honestly, but I'd say that he asks basic questions about a lot of topics- think breadth vs. depth. i'm like 85% sure that he reused some of the Achieve questions. Although if what @ahnonemoose said applies, your final might be different than the one I took. Sorry I can't be more help!

Hey UNE Online people,

I'm looking to sell my UNE Webcam, can include the whiteboard too if you want (I never used it so I'm pretty sure it's just in my closet). I'm asking $25 plus whatever it costs to ship, which will depend on where you are and how quickly you want it!

I'm a first year (well I guess now second since we're had our last final!) medical student and I took medical physiology and organic chemistry II lab through UNE online so I'm happy to share my thoughts on those as well!

Hey UNE Online people,

I'm looking to sell my UNE Webcam, can include the whiteboard too if you want (I never used it so I'm pretty sure it's just in my closet). I'm asking $25 plus whatever it costs to ship, which will depend on where you are and how quickly you want it!

I'm a first year (well I guess now second since we're had our last final!) medical student and I took medical physiology and organic chemistry II lab through UNE online so I'm happy to share my thoughts on those as well!
How do you feel those UNE courses did in preparing you for medical school? Status quo compared to the regular in-person courses? Above or below par?

How do you feel those UNE courses did in preparing you for medical school? Status quo compared to the regular in-person courses? Above or below par?
I honestly feel like medical physiology was great. Like an extremely watered down version of what we learned this year, but it was a very good primer. Obviously you will get out of it what you put in, it could have been really easy to BS but if you put in even a minimal effort it will make your first year a bit easier. There are two assignments where you "teach" a lesson on a topic and I actually went back and watched my lessons this year when I was studying those subjects lol. I learn super well on my own so I found this as good as an in person course, or better because I could speed through things I understood and spend more time with stuff I didn't immediately get.

O Chem II lab I only took because my university only had one semester of O Chem lab and some schools didn't like that. It was fine for credit but I wouldn't say it was useful for medical school.

I honestly feel like medical physiology was great. Like an extremely watered down version of what we learned this year, but it was a very good primer. Obviously you will get out of it what you put in, it could have been really easy to BS but if you put in even a minimal effort it will make your first year a bit easier. There are two assignments where you "teach" a lesson on a topic and I actually went back and watched my lessons this year when I was studying those subjects lol. I learn super well on my own so I found this as good as an in person course, or better because I could speed through things I understood and spend more time with stuff I didn't immediately get.

O Chem II lab I only took because my university only had one semester of O Chem lab and some schools didn't like that. It was fine for credit but I wouldn't say it was useful for medical school.
That’s great information, thank you!

Hey! For Physics 1010 do you have the hw assignment numbers? I don't need the actual answers just the lists we are supposed to do, I need to finish the class in a month and I'm trying to work ahead so my transcript can be ready in time!

Hi everyone, I'm currently in the last weeks of the Physics II 1011 course. I'm open to help with any questions you might have before registering or even while in the course.

I'm also selling the Mandatory UNE-approved webcam and whiteboard(retails for about $50 on STUDENT ESSENTIALS) and Holscience Hands-On Lab Kit LabPaq (retails for about $125 including shipping). Both were gently used and in near perfect condition with all of their original components. Everything is also in its original packaging. These are the items necessary for UNE online Physics II (PHYS 1011) course.

Webcam+ whiteboard

Price: $ 115 (includes shipping)

Hi all,

I'm taking Orgo II right now and prepping for the final, which I'm nervous about since it's closed book. Does anyone who has taken it at UNE have any recommendations for how to study for the exam?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I'm taking Orgo II right now and prepping for the final, which I'm nervous about since it's closed book. Does anyone who has taken it at UNE have any recommendations for how to study for the exam?

Thank you!
I took it a few years ago with UNE online, things may have changed since then. It was open note at that time however the pacing was pretty prohibitive as far as actually having the time to look something up. I’d recommend practicing your timing and being very comfortable with all that you learned during the course. For me, there wasn’t much time to deliberate on an answer. I either knew which choice was correct or had to take a process of elimination guess, mark the question, and move on. I felt the exams for the orgo sequence were hard but fair.

I'm selling my UNE webcam/whiteboard for the cost of shipping-please message me if interested!

Hi,
Has anyone on here taken the online Anatomy Course at UNE? I'm short on time and trying to cram for the midterm. I'm wondering if anyone here has any advice on what they did to prepare for it? :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi!

I'm a nurse practitioner making a career change and unfortunately my coursework is all just about 10 years old.

Looking at doing the UNE Pre-Health program to freshen up my transcript - 4 semesters at 8 wks / semester.
Semester 1: Bio I, Gen Chem I, Physics I
Semester 2: Bio II, Gen Chem II, Physics II
Semester 3: Org Chem I, Genetics, College Algebra
Semester 4: Org Chem II, Biochem, Statistics

I have a flexible remote job and can dedicate a good chunk of time to this each week. Am I going to survive? Historically, I don't do fantastic with chem/physics but it has been a while.

Any tips/advice?
Any issues with these accepted as veterinary prereqs?

THANKS!

Hi all, I am taking OCHEM 2 at UNE with dr. Gianatassio and i was wondering how difficult the final exam is?

I made a 92 on the first midterm and an 85 on the second one.

Does he reuse questions for the midterm?

also, does anyone know how my credit will transfer over since I go to a school that does not do +/- like UNE does?

HIi! currently taking the class with the same prof and I wanted to know how to study for the final. I am a little nervous since OCHEM has been rlly rough for me and I really want an A and the final is worth quite a bit.

Can you remember how the final was? Or if any questions were reused from prior midterms?

Hi!
Anybody selling supplies/books for the following?
Bio I
Bio II
Gen Chem I
Gen Chem II
Organic Chem
Biochem
College Algebra
Physics I
Physics II

Please let me know! I will buy!

Thanks

Hi everyone! I am selling the Mandatory UNE approved webcam for proctored exams. I also have the 8.5 x 11 Inch Rectangle Whiteboard that I can add at no additional cost. It retails for $53 and I am selling for $25. Message me if interested or check out this link: Log into Facebook

Hi!
Anybody selling supplies/books for the following?
Bio I
Bio II
Gen Chem I
Gen Chem II
Organic Chem
Biochem
College Algebra
Physics I
Physics II

Please let me know! I will buy!

Thanks
Hi! I am selling the webcam for proctored exams if you are interested :) check my post below for details.

Hi all, I am taking OCHEM 2 at UNE with dr. Gianatassio and i was wondering how difficult the final exam is?

I made a 92 on the first midterm and an 85 on the second one.

Does he reuse questions for the midterm?

also, does anyone know how my credit will transfer over since I go to a school that does not do +/- like UNE does?
Hi! I recently took the final with Dr. Gianatassio and found the final to be very similar to the midterms. If you took good notes you should be fine and the extra credit adds 10 whole points to the one exam so definitely do that! I am not sure about how the grading transfers but I would assume your institution would just ignore the +/-.