THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it manageable for physics 1, gen chem 1, and medical biology 1 to be taken at the same time? I have no other obligations and I am wondering if this is even manageable?

How many hours can I expect to put in a week for this course load?

Do you mean Gen Bio 1, or Medical Biochemistry, or is there a Medical Biology course?

I'm starting 3 courses tomorrow...If you have no other obligations I imagine it should be fine, it's less an an in-person semester course load

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mean Gen Bio 1, or Medical Biochemistry, or is there a Medical Biology course?

I'm starting 3 courses tomorrow...If you have no other obligations I imagine it should be fine, it's less an an in-person semester course load

Yes. Were in the same boat in terms of course load . I’m starting on Dec 2nd.

No I meant general chemistry 1, medical biology 1, and physics 1.

Can you message me where you bought the lab kits so I can get it early?

These 3.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. Has anyone taken organic chem I and II along with the lab. I’m falling behind in my pharmacy prerequisite and wanted to know how you guys did. Did pharmacy school accept the class. I need to finish my courses before July 1st 2021 and I stumbled across UNE. Any luck ?

Anyone with any recent insight into the final exam for Organic Chem II. I have an 85% in the class and clearly with the final being worth so many points any advice helps.

Also, anyone feel like there is a large disconnect between how the material is presented and how the material is tested?

Hi. Has anyone taken organic chem I and II along with the lab. I’m falling behind in my pharmacy prerequisite and wanted to know how you guys did. Did pharmacy school accept the class. I need to finish my courses before July 1st 2021 and I stumbled across UNE. Any luck ?
I took orgo I over the summer and I'm presently taking orgo 2. Orgo 1 was an easy enough class if you are willing to put the time into being successful. I think that it is really well laid out, the book is good, and my TA was always available for questions. If you could do the homework easily, you could be successful on the quizzes and exams. The thing you have to ask yourself and consider is, are you capable of teaching yourself. There is no "lecture" for chem 1, and in chem 2, the TA just reads the slides verbatim. Both labs are super easy. There are plenty of resources on youtube for additional help. There are weekly quizzes for each section in 1 and 2. In orgo 1 you have a proctored exam every 2 chapters, each worth 20% of your grade. Where in orgo 2, there is simply a mid term and a final each worth 35% of the class.

I'm not sure who accepts or doesn't accept classes, in my experiences so far it seems to be based on the school you are taking the classes from and the school you are applying to.

Is it manageable for physics 1, gen chem 1, and medical biology 1 to be taken at the same time? I have no other obligations and I am wondering if this is even manageable?

How many hours can I expect to put in a week for this course load?
I think it depends on who you are as a person. The "UNE advise" is to take on at a time, but if you have nothing else to do and are motivated, I'd imagine you can be successful.

I finished taking Gen chem 1 and 2 a few months ago if anyone has questions about the course!

Hi,

I am planning on taking Physics I and Physics II this spring semester. Does anyone have any physics lab kits that they are willing to part with? Happy to pay.

anybody have any advice for midterm and final for Physics 1 through UNE. i would greatly appreciate any advice at all

Hi,

I am planning on taking Physics I and Physics II this spring semester. Does anyone have any physics lab kits that they are willing to part with? Happy to pay.
Hey! I'm selling the LabPaq I had to get for Physics II for $75. Everything is there except there is only one copper wire instead of two. My cat stole the other one and I've never found it lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I'm about to start the course on 09/16, any general advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dustin
Hi, how did the class go for you? I am about to take the final for Organic Chem 2 Lab, does anyone have any advice for what to focus on since I am not in the lecture? Thank you!!

Hi, how did the class go for you? I am about to take the final for Organic Chem 2 Lab, does anyone have any advice for what to focus on since I am not in the lecture? Thank you!!
Honestly,I have found most of the lab material provided was more helpful than the course material provided in the lecture segment. I also used videos from Leah4Sci, AK lectures, and The Organic chemistry tutor to help.

Honestly,I have found most of the lab material provided was more helpful than the course material provided in the lecture segment. I also used videos from Leah4Sci, AK lectures, and The Organic chemistry tutor to help.
Thank you! Would you recommend mainly focusing on the lab assignments to study?

Thank you! Would you recommend mainly focusing on the lab assignments to study?
I think that would be fair if you are only taking the lab. The lab assignments aren't particularly challenging. But, the final is worth 50% of the grade and is 32 multiple choice questions, it covers all labs and the theory behind them.

anyone have recommendations for Physics one Midterm ?

I'm selling a medical biology 1 lab (150), chemistry 1 lab(150) , and physics 1 lab (100). They're all untouched and brand new. Never used them.

If anyone is registering for a class, I have all Physics II lab equipment as well as the required webcam/whiteboard that I can sell for a lower price!
Are these items still available? I am registered to begin phy II next week. Also, was the textbook helpful?

I have taken the following courses via UNE (Online):

-Nutrition
-Chem 1010 with lab
-Anatomy with lab
-Physiology with lab

Let me know if you have any specific questions on these. In general, I would recommend taking chemistry and anatomy elsewhere (as others note, you are essentially teaching yourself from the textbook as anatomy did not include any lecture component and chem is just too difficult to grasp without more guidance from instructor) but would recommend Nutrition. I learned a lot in physiology as well, but it was really difficult (as can be expected).

Now deciding whether to take Microbiology via UNE or via MGH (Mass General).
Do you have advice for how to study for tests for physiology? How long did it take you?

Has anyone taken orgoII recently and can give me any tips or advice?
Im going to be starting it next week!

I have taken the following courses via UNE (Online):

-Nutrition
-Chem 1010 with lab
-Anatomy with lab
-Physiology with lab

Let me know if you have any specific questions on these. In general, I would recommend taking chemistry and anatomy elsewhere (as others note, you are essentially teaching yourself from the textbook as anatomy did not include any lecture component and chem is just too difficult to grasp without more guidance from instructor) but would recommend Nutrition. I learned a lot in physiology as well, but it was really difficult (as can be expected).

Now deciding whether to take Microbiology via UNE or via MGH (Mass General).
I am looking to buff up my transcript, which UNE course, besides the basic pre-preqs would you say is the least burdensome?

Does anyone have any tips of advice on how to do well for the anatomy course? I am going to be enrolling in it later this month and I just needed some pointers as to how the course is going to be like. I am also wondering if anyone has any of the anatomy material like the textbook they would be willing to sell? Thanks.

I am currently in the ANAT 1005 if anybody wants to study together. This course is very difficult and there is only a midterm and a final which account for 50% of the grade with 15 quizzes and like 10 video presentations.
If I may ask how was the anatomy course overall? I am planning on taking it this month!

anybody have advice for Physics I final? I would really like to keep my B in the class. The midterm I did not do as well as I wanted and history tends to repeat itself. So anyone who can offer some serious advice on how best to prepare for the final would be greatly appreciated. you can DM me or reply to my post. I plan on taking the final next week and want to post an honest review of the course after i'm done.

I just started Gen Chem 2 with Jill McMillan, any advice or comparisons to GC1?

I had a different instructor, but took the course last year. I read somewhere that if you study for Gen Chem 2 like you did for 1, it will be on track for a letter grade lower, and I found that to be true. The quiz and test formulation is just like Gen Chem 1, ie the tests are very similar to the quizs. I squeeked by with an A- in lecture and an A in lab but I had to put a few more hours in each week than I did for Chem 1.

As to why.... mostly because it seemed a bit more math heavy and took a bit longer to internalize everything.

I am currently applying, but I am looking for ways improve my application in case I don't get in somewhere this cycle. Has anyone been successful applying to MD and DO schools using UNE courses not as pre reqs, but for record enhancement? I would also plan on retackling the MCAT during an additional 2 gap years.

Has anyone successfully got a letter of rec from their UNE online professor?

Can anyone please give advice on Orgo 2 at UNE if you have taken it relatively recently? I plan on starting the course in March. Any advice or info or greatly appreciated!!

I’m selling une biology lab 1, chemistry lab 1, and physics lab brand new and at half price.

PHYS 1011 Exam

Has anyone taken PHYS 1011 Exam with Prof. Tenny? Do you have any advise?

Thanks,
Daniela

anybody have advice for Physics I final? I would really like to keep my B in the class. The midterm I did not do as well as I wanted and history tends to repeat itself. So anyone who can offer some serious advice on how best to prepare for the final would be greatly appreciated. you can DM me or reply to my post. I plan on taking the final next week and want to post an honest review of the course after i'm done.
Hi! I’m taking my midterm next week! What would you say is the best way to study for this exam?? Thank you soo much!

Hey everyone, I'm getting close to taking my midterm anatomy exam. Anyone have any links to quizlet or some other website that has a good amount of study material/flash cards for the midterm? I'm unable to find any reliable ones so far. Also, for those who took the midterm do you have any study advice/suggestions? Thanks!

Is anyone selling lab equipment for physics 2 UNE online, and the webcam and white board for cheap? :) Please let me know

Hi guys! I just finished taking a class from UNE. If anyone is trying to buy the required webcam + whiteboard, I'm trying to sell mine for super cheap. If i understood it correctly, everyone is required to buy this exact brand of whiteboard and camera. I only took one class so both items have only been used for one test, about 60 minutes - basically brand new. Please message me if you're interested! Good luck to those that are currently taking any class!
Is this still available for purchase?

PHYS 1011 LAB KIT FOR SALE - Hi! I just finished Physics 1011 and I am trying to sell the lab kit (not the ioLab unit) with everything in it and in great condition and can ship it in its original box (paid $120 with shipping but would sell for much cheaper) - it's listed on Mercari right now if anyone is interested or you can message me
How were the midterms and final for Phys2? I am currently enrolled in the course with Prof. Tenny.

Has anyone finished the UNE CHEM 1005 course in less than the suggested 16 weeks?

Does anyone have an unused lab kit for Chem 2? I dont need the kit, just the code to access the labs. Message me with your asking price!

Hey everyone, I'm getting close to taking my midterm anatomy exam. Anyone have any links to quizlet or some other website that has a good amount of study material/flash cards for the midterm? I'm unable to find any reliable ones so far. Also, for those who took the midterm do you have any study advice/suggestions? Thanks!
Hey, im about to take my midterm and wanted to know if you minded sharing any tips/advice you have. Having to finish the entire course in 12 weeks.

Does anyone have any tips of advice on how to do well for the anatomy course? I am going to be enrolling in it later this month and I just needed some pointers as to how the course is going to be like. I am also wondering if anyone has any of the anatomy material like the textbook they would be willing to sell? Thanks.
Hi, I am about to take my midterm and would love to hear any advice/tips you had! I am having to complete the course in 12 weeks so I'm a little nervous

Has anyone ever retaken an exam? I had major techincal difficulties, and am wondering if I'll be retaking the same exam or if there's a different one they give? This is for Chem II. Thanks!

Hello! Just a curiosity, since I’m a career changer and worried that forgot a lot from high school chemistry and biology . Is online courses from UNE easier or harder than usual in on campus colleges?

Hello! Just a curiosity, since I’m a career changer and worried that forgot a lot from high school chemistry and biology . Is online courses from UNE easier or harder than usual in on campus colleges?
I'm also a career changer and currently in 2 classes. I think its doable. But be prepared to completely teach yourself. If that's not something you're interested with, absolutely avoid une.

Hi! Do you plan to take all-req at UNE online? Do you plan to apply DO or MD?