THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to put out a PSA for those currently considering taking ANAT 1005 because I really wish I had gotten a heads up before signing up for this. I am currently taking with Dr. Roqueta and while he is nice, the course itself is horrible. There are no lectures, study guides, support whatsoever. From googling a bit online, it seems like this maybe isn't the case with other ANAT1005 professors, but in Roqueta's section the only source of course content comes from the textbook.

I am teaching myself everything while also trying to decide on the fly which content out of hundreds of pages of readings is actually important for the assessments. Last week alone I read 120 pages for a single module, and when I asked for help choosing what
parts to focus on, he said it was all fair game. It's so overwhelming, and I don't understand how a class can be called a class without lectures, or teaching.

He also really isn't very helpful explaining things in office hours, so it seems like he pretty much just is there to grade your assignments instead of actually help you understand/learn the content. so yeah, would not recommend.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi,
Has anyone on here taken the online Anatomy Course at UNE? I'm short on time and trying to cram for the midterm. I'm wondering if anyone here has any advice on what they did to prepare for it? :)

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Hey! I am also currently in this class and am freaking out a bit about how the heck I’m going to pass the midterm/final without any lectures/study guides from the prof. It’s so much info to just try and memorize the textbook like he said. Did you ever figure out the best way to prepare? Would really appreciate any advice!

Hi,

Has anyone taken medical biochemistry recently with Dr. Spicer? I have my midterm coming up and seeing if anyone has any advice?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

I'm a nurse practitioner making a career change and unfortunately my coursework is all just about 10 years old.

Looking at doing the UNE Pre-Health program to freshen up my transcript - 4 semesters at 8 wks / semester.
Semester 1: Bio I, Gen Chem I, Physics I
Semester 2: Bio II, Gen Chem II, Physics II
Semester 3: Org Chem I, Genetics, College Algebra
Semester 4: Org Chem II, Biochem, Statistics

I have a flexible remote job and can dedicate a good chunk of time to this each week. Am I going to survive? Historically, I don't do fantastic with chem/physics but it has been a while.

Any tips/advice?
Any issues with these accepted as veterinary prereqs?

THANKS!
Hey Laroca, did you end up surviving? o_O I also have a pretty flexible remote job that's full-time thinking of doing a similar 3 course schedule each semester to finish in 1 year. Would love to hear any feedback on whether that was overkill and you wish you did 2 courses, or if it was manageable. Thanks!

Hey so I took physics and biochemistry and finished both within 5 weeks of starting. I think you'll definitely be able to manage the three courses during the fall semester. For physics really put in a lot of effort for the labs because they are weighted so much and it helps offset any lower test scores. Just study the material they give you and if you need extra help go to khan academy. If you have any other questions feel free to message me! I am also selling some of the material you will need for the course so lmk. Definitely get all your material before you start so you're not waiting on stuff to arrive. Best of luck!
Just checking because I cannot find any answers on this, how did you/ would you reccomend studying for the final and midterm? I was planning on reviewing old quizzes and hoping that would be sufficient?

I need physics II for my DO medical school. I am thinking of taking it at UNE but am concerned about the difficulty. Has anyone taken physics with UNE online??

I need physics II for my DO medical school. I am thinking of taking it at UNE but am concerned about the difficulty. Has anyone taken physics with UNE online??
I have moved your post to this existing thread about UNE courses. You may be able to find some comments from other users from the last few years about physics.

Which DO school? I know a couple that dont accept UNE courses

is anyone currently in orgo 2? im taking just the class (no lab) and trying to get it done asap but wondering how anyone else feels about it

Any one selling the webcam 1000? Please PM me with price including shipping. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just giving a Gen Chem II (2) update. It's going well, especially with classwork. I'm 3 chapters in, and the material provided well prepares you for the quizzes. Not sure about lab work since I've put that off until I can tackle multiple labs on a weekend. Prof Henderson is a nice guy too. So far, the takeaway message is just to read the welcome material on what to do, do those things, and you'll succeed.

Hi all, I’ve seen multiple other people on here post the same question without any answers but figured I’d give it a shot too. I’m about to take the anatomy midterm for UNE and wanted to see if anyone has any tips/insight on what the questions are like/format/what material it’s geared towards. Since there’s no lecture, slides or study guides and it’s just 19 chapters worth of reading the textbook pretty much any guidance would be good. I found the test bank for the textbook and was considering using it to study the material and wanted to see if anybody thought that was a good idea. Thanks in advance for any help it’s really appreciated.

Hello all! I am selling the camera+whiteboard set for the UNE classes (I took BIOL 1040). Also, I would like to sell the lab kit as well: it cost me $185 with shipping. I'd like to sell it for $100 - you could easily replace the few ingredients I used for much less! PM with inquiries.

Hi all, I’ve seen multiple other people on here post the same question without any answers but figured I’d give it a shot too. I’m about to take the anatomy midterm for UNE and wanted to see if anyone has any tips/insight on what the questions are like/format/what material it’s geared towards. Since there’s no lecture, slides or study guides and it’s just 19 chapters worth of reading the textbook pretty much any guidance would be good. I found the test bank for the textbook and was considering using it to study the material and wanted to see if anybody thought that was a good idea. Thanks in advance for any help it’s really appreciated.
Hi,
I am taking the UNE course right now. I was wondering how you studied for the exam and how it went for you.

Hey UNE Online people,

I'm looking to sell my UNE Webcam. $0 just pay shipping costs, which will depend on where you are and how quickly you want it! I just don't want it to go to waste.

Hi UNE online members,

Also looking to sell my cam and whiteboard/marker! I literally just took a final on it so it works (Phys1011). Selling for $30 (includes shipping)! Great condition! Let me know!

Gen Chem 2 update. Got A's on the lab and course final exams. Really enjoyed doing the course with Professor Henderson. Those unmarried and working, you'll do fine. For those married with kids and working, it'll be a task to get it done in under 16, but it's doable in 16 weeks for sure. Highly recommend the Gen Chem 2 course with professor Henderson. It's as simple as following the syllabus and doing labs along with the course work. Labs definitely helped my understanding of the course material. Also, I have nothing to sell because I used all my supplies, camera arrived broken day 1, and I'm keeping that glassware for garage experiments. Godspeed you pre-[insert any relevant field here] people.

Anyone looking to sell/get rid of their camera and white board? Hit me up! I'll pay shipping, just trying to reduce waist by getting one second hand

Hello, looking to sell my UNE webcam (2023) $40 shipped. Works perfectly, used 3 times, stored in a cool room, no damage, original packaging. Let me know, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi! I am thinking about taking physics 1 at UNE, online.. Has anyone taken this before, it is possible to do well? I think physics will be challenging for me and I am nervous about taking it online and I would obviously really like to do well in this course.

Has anyone taken any of the upper level biology courses with UNE, how is the grading compared with the two semester of General Biology?

Need to finish up prereqs for TMDAS and need upper level stuff:

Looking at:

Immunology
Molecular Biology
Cell Biology

Open to others if people have had good experiences

Hi All, looking forward to taking a plethora of courses with UNE:

Gen Chem I
Gen Chem II
Organic Chem I
Organic Chem II
Biochem
Physics I
Physics II

I have a couple of questions. Do you all think its possible to finish these courses in less than 16 weeks? Also, Does it matter that I'm taking majority of my prereq's for dental school online with a nontraditional school like UNE?

I need physics II for my DO medical school. I am thinking of taking it at UNE but am concerned if DO Schools accept the credits. Any information about this is highly appreciated. I would like to know if there are other options too.

For the weeks that had no lab submission tabs do you just submit the materials directly to the professor? Currently taking physics II and noticed that some weeks don't have any submissions required for specific labs.
Pls can i dm you for a specific question about the physics II?

I am interested in Molecular biology, Immunology, Histology, and Cell Biology at UNE. Any info on these courses? Like professors to take and avoid, courseload, exams etc.?
Hi,
Did you end up taking Cell Biology?

Has anyone taken any of the upper level biology courses with UNE, how is the grading compared with the two semester of General Biology?

Need to finish up prereqs for TMDAS and need upper level stuff:

Looking at:

Immunology
Molecular Biology
Cell Biology

Open to others if people have had good experiences
HI,
DId you end up signing up for cell biology?

Honestly, I would highly reccomend doing a cell biology course with UCSD extension over UNE, it's cheaper, and an easier A with less busy work.
Thank you. Looking into this now. I didn't know how much cheaper it was. Do you have any recommendations for professors and any tips for the class?

I just finished the final exam for UNE Anatomy 1005 and here's some information that may helpful to future students:

TLDR: hard class, but possible to pass.

The course is an incredibly bad value; you are basically paying to read a book and take online exams. Know this going into the course and you can save yourself some if the headache knowing it will be bad. The course materials include textbook(online), science interactive dissection materials, a virtual anatomy program, plus your perseverance and grit. Assignments include reading quizzes, discussion posts, dissection video presentations, and the midterm and final. There is literally no instructional materials. No lectures, no notes, not even study guides for the exams. I asked my instructor about a study guide and they said "Unfortunately because there is a such a large bank of questions, each students gets a slightly different exam. Because of this it is difficult to make a study guide." Yikes..

Anyway, I procrastinated and with about 8 weeks left got my ass in gear and got to work. The reading quizzes are online without a proctor so you can have the textbook open in another tab to help you out when you get stumped. I found that actually doing reading was only 50% helpful while the study outlines at end the chapters were much more condensed and had about everything you needed to know. The video presentations are weird and awkward but if if hit all the talking points listed on the rubric you basically get a 100. The dissections are pretty gross, but you don't really dissect, more like cut in half, identify parts, and make your video. The discussion posts are real drag, but their easy.

After about 4 weeks of hustle I started studying for the midterm. This is when I asked about a study guide and was told theres's too much material to make study guide, yet somehow we're supposed to know it all. There was 19 chapters covered on the midterm, and I had no time to reread that much material, so I started working through the study outlines and supplemental questions at the end of each chapter. I would also recommend reading the clinical examples in the textbook since clinical application questions showed up on the exam. I felt woefully unprepared, but managed a B on the midterm. Questions were easier than I had anticipated, not so much in detail more big picture. There were definitely a few highly specific questions, but a majority were fair. For the final, I took the same approach and got a B for an overall B in the course.

Disclaimer: this course completed my conditional acceptance to DS, so I didn't feel the pressure to go for A. I say this because it definitely possible to get an A if you go hard. I would recommend doing the course in two bursts, such that you minimize the amount of time between the first assignment and last assignments of the midterm and final and when you start studying. There's so much material, I found it better to just do all the course work for the final exam in like two weeks and then start studying vs doing midterm coursework over many weeks and then studying.

Overall, you will be teaching yourself and this class covers a TON of material so be ready. You can definitely pass, just make sure to study the textbook outlines since this is where the high yield is. The virtual anatomy program has some useful quizzes too. Feel free to ask me questions too!

Reactions: 1 user