****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted today!!!! IS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! You mind sharing your stats?

Sure! Tbh I am very average on paper. I honestly think my interview, experience, and personal statement helped me out a ton. 3.5gpa and 19AA DAT. I work as a dental assistant to two gps, an orthodontist, and a periodontist.

Accepted today!!!! IS

Congrats! When did you interview?

Also for anyone else on here: Are there still open spots left or are they pulling off of a wait list now? I haven't had a change in status since my interview, so I'm wondering what the timeline for receiving wait list/rejection/acceptance emails from here on out will look like

Also for anyone else on here: Are there still open spots left or are they pulling off of a wait list now? I haven't had a change in status since my interview, so I'm wondering what the timeline for receiving wait list/rejection/acceptance emails from here on out will look like

I don't think they have a waitlist. I don't think the class is full yet, I could be wrong. Based on what I heard from students (could be wrong), they already have a tentative list of students they will accept but idk what's taking long

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed mid September!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when you start in the clinic with patients? Do you start doing cleanings your D2 year and by the end of your D2 year do you start seeing your own patients?

If I haven't heard back by now, is it safe to say there is no chance?

Does anyone know when you start in the clinic with patients? Do you start doing cleanings your D2 year and by the end of your D2 year do you start seeing your own patients?
I'm a DS3 at CU. The current curriculum has students seeing their first patients (hygiene; prophies and periodontal maintenance) Fall semester of DS2. By Spring semester of DS2, you see your first restorative and oral diagnosis patients.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The Facebook group isn’t full yet but I guess there are also student that don’t have Facebook. They have sent us emails about immunization and technology requirements. I feel like they are now working with a specific list because I know a couple students that previously rejected their offer but called them up again to convince them to accept it

Mine still says “invited for interview” :( i assume those that got changed to “received/under review” are being reconsidered :(:( im just gonna accept the fact that im not getting accepted. I wish they would just tell me already.

Mine still says “invited for interview” :( i assume those that got changed to “received/under review” are being reconsidered :(:( im just gonna accept the fact that im not getting accepted. I wish they would just tell me already.
Same here.

Mine still says “invited for interview” i assume those that got changed to “received/under review” are being reconsidered :(:( im just gonna accept the fact that im not getting accepted. I wish they would just tell me already.

Mine hasn’t changed either.

I still have not heard back and my status has not changed either. Does that basically mean a rejection at this point?

Did anyone else’s rejection letter say somewhere “ If you did not get accepted to another dental school this year, we encourage you to reapply to our dental school"

I thought the sentence was interesting because it was a different rejection from last year. Gives me a little more hope to reapply again but three times is exhausting.

Last edited:
Did anyone else’s rejection letter say somewhere “ If you did not get accepted to another dental school this year, we encourage you to reapply to our dental school"

I thought the sentence was interesting because it was a different rejection from last year. Gives me a little more hope to reapply again but three times is exhausting.

My guess is that it's worded a little differently because they have a new manager of student admissions.
Don't give up hope I encourage you to reapply! I am a re-applicant and after being denied after interview the first time I went to the summer predental academy and met with Crystal, the new manager to discuss how I could improve my application. I was accepted this cycle so I have full faith you could do the same.

My guess is that it's worded a little differently because they have a new manager of student admissions.
Don't give up hope I encourage you to reapply! I am a re-applicant and after being denied after interview the first time I went to the summer predental academy and met with Crystal, the new manager to discuss how I could improve my application. I was accepted this cycle so I have full faith you could do the same.

Awesome, I would love to do the same. Thank you so much! What is the summer pre dental academy? And how do I get involved

Awesome, I would love to do the same. Thank you so much! What is the summer pre dental academy? And how do I get involved
The summer Predental academy is a multi-week event through ASDA for predentals who are interested in applying to CU. Each week focuses on a new topic, usually including both a lecture and a lab portion. Admissions committee members and faculty are frequently in attendance so you have multiple opportunities to meet them, ask questions, and hopefully get a better feel for dental school and CU’s program.
As for how to get involved, I’ll look into it.

Here is the flyer for last year. At the bottom there is two emails and if you email both or either they can help you! They are in ADSA leadership at the school CED17D6A-39D2-49F6-B885-18E27E74A5DA.png

Anyone know approx. how many in-state applicants they put on the alternate list, and how many of them are accepted off of that list (based on previous years)? Also, when do you think we might see the most wait list movement?

I tried calling Crystal, but haven't been able to get a hold of her. Hoping to get a better sense of my chances of getting pulled off the alternate list!

Anyone know approx. how many in-state applicants they put on the alternate list, and how many of them are accepted off of that list (based on previous years)? Also, when do you think we might see the most wait list movement?

I tried calling Crystal, but haven't been able to get a hold of her. Hoping to get a better sense of my chances of getting pulled off the alternate list!
I know at least 3 IS got accepted off the waitlist sometimes in May from my class (2021).

I know at least 3 IS got accepted off the waitlist sometimes in May from my class (2021).

What about out of state applicants, do you know? It seems like many schools prefer accepting IS off their alternate lists (probably just because it's more likely they'll say yes).

I got a call around early December from an ad-com here wondering if I got accepted into any other schools. lol she even asked me if I would even go to this school given the chance considering my other acceptances.... I was so surprised by the call and told her I would need time to make an informed decision (the decision was actually very hard but ive made up my mind). I wont be going to Colorado but it still irks me.. I wasn't even given the chance.. ON AADSAS it says "withdrew before action"

An article from 2014 states a possible reason why...

I got a call around early December from an ad-com here wondering if I got accepted into any other schools. lol she even asked me if I would even go to this school given the chance considering my other acceptances.... I was so surprised by the call and told her I would need time to make an informed decision (the decision was actually very hard but ive made up my mind). I wont be going to Colorado but it still irks me.. I wasn't even given the chance.. ON AADSAS it says "withdrew before action"

Nah

When did the "withdrew before action" appear on your AADSAS?

When did the "withdrew before action" appear on your AADSAS?
I don't know but I noticed it about a week ago. Just called admissions and they said they really wanted me but i didn't answer their calls (they shouldve emailed me) and that I didn't seem like I wanted it. After some conversation with Ms. Ridgely, she apologized and my application will move forward. Regardless, I will likely not attend this school

Among some other things, I told her that moving forward it is not proper to call applicants before offering them an official acceptance to see if they'd like to attend their school

Typical respond from someone that never dealt with racism. He presented with you fact and research to back up his claim, and you came back with "Nah." Sound like you fitted in perfectly in 2014.

Last edited:
Typical respond from someone that never dealt with racism. He presented with you fact and research to back up with his claim, and you came back with "Nah." Sound like you fitted in perfectly in 2014.
I really appreciate your support.

Typical respond from someone that never dealt with racism. He presented with you fact and research to back up his claim, and you came back with "Nah." Sound like you fitted in perfectly in 2014.
They just aren’t connected issues. The person who contacted @King Gliiits was an African American female so I’m pretty sure racism isn’t the reason. Just a simple misunderstanding.
But sure, whatever you said.

I don't know but I noticed it about a week ago. Just called admissions and they said they really wanted me but i didn't answer their calls (they shouldve emailed me) and that I didn't seem like I wanted it. After some conversation with Ms. Ridgely, she apologized and my application will move forward. Regardless, I will likely not attend this school

Among some other things, I told her that moving forward it is not proper to call applicants before offering them an official acceptance to see if they'd like to attend their school

If you aren't on the list of students that are accepted December 1st, many schools will either email or call applicants to gauge interest and see if it is worth to continue to consider their application at subsequent admission committee meetings.

When they called you again a couple more times, did they not leave a voicemail?
Is Crystal the one that called in December and all the other times?

If you aren't on the list of students that are accepted December 1st, many schools will either email or call applicants to gauge interest and see if it is worth to continue to consider their application at subsequent admission committee meetings.

When they called you again a couple more times, did they not leave a voicemail?
Is Crystal the one that called in December and all the other times?
Frankly, I find that practice distasteful. Its very unofficial and prying. And no, voicemails were not left, so any missed calls I may have received kind of just blended in with the erroneous phone calls i receive daily

They just aren’t connected issues. The person who contacted @King Gliiits was an African American female so I’m pretty sure racism isn’t the reason. Just a simple misunderstanding.
You're right, she is African American. However, it would be ignorant to assume she is the only player (decision-maker) in this process. Please be respectful to my friend and I because your comment was perceived by both of us as dismissive. Racism is a pervasive issue globally and has even been implicated in this schools admission process by an internal investigation. Try to look at opposing views with an open mind. Good day

So your logic is just because the messenger is an African American female, there can't be any possible racism involve? That like saying someone can't be a racist because they have black friends lol

Frankly, I find that practice distasteful. Its very unofficial and prying. And no, voicemails were not left, so any missed calls I may have received kind of just blended in with the erroneous phone calls i receive daily. I was lucky to even pick up that first call. Because the rest of the correspondence with this dental school was done by email, this is the form of communication i was expecting

So your logic is just because the messenger is an African American female, it cant be racist? That like saying someone can't be racist because they have black friends lol
Good point. I actually used to not like black people as a kid because of negative stereotypes and the area I grew up in. In retrospect, it may have stemmed from low self esteem, or maybe it caused my low self esteem. Like an endless cycle, really. I'm really glad to have a different perspective

So your logic is just because the messenger is an African American female, there can be no possible racism involve? That like saying someone can't be a racist because they have black friends lol
She’s not just the messenger. She is the manager of student admissions. She also is not the only African American on the admissions committee.
But sure, racism.

She’s not just the messenger. She is the manager of student admissions. She also is not the only African American on the admissions committee.
But sure, racism.
I agreed with you that the decision was unlikely to be based on racism. But he presented you with articles about past racism associated with this school, and you came back with "Nah" like it never existed. If that was your respond, you better off not commenting because it make you look ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.