****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted678432

One hasn't been posted yet, so here it is! Last year, interview invites began going out roughly mid-July. According to several sources, they should be going out sooner this year! Good luck everybody!

Here's a link to last year's thread: ****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Link to interview prep: University of Colorado Denver School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email that application is "being evaluated"

Just got an email that application is "being evaluated"

This one?

“The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus School of Dental Medicine has received your 2018 AADSAS electronic application which was forwarded to us through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) for the Doctorate of Dental Surgery Program.

We will be in contact with you by e-mail to inform you of the next step in our application process. Supplemental application materials will only be needed upon request.

Your application is currently being evaluated and additional communications will be forthcoming, therefore, we ask for your patience. Please understand that phone and email inquiries regarding the status of your application may not be immediately returned. Please be reassured that we will contact each of you at the appropriate time.”

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This one?

“The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus School of Dental Medicine has received your 2018 AADSAS electronic application which was forwarded to us through the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) for the Doctorate of Dental Surgery Program.

We will be in contact with you by e-mail to inform you of the next step in our application process. Supplemental application materials will only be needed upon request.

Your application is currently being evaluated and additional communications will be forthcoming, therefore, we ask for your patience. Please understand that phone and email inquiries regarding the status of your application may not be immediately returned. Please be reassured that we will contact each of you at the appropriate time.”

Yes! I was also told from someone on admission that review might start earlier than last year

Reactions: 2 users
Yes! I was also told from someone on admission that review might start earlier than last year

Same! I heard they want to have interviews STARTING in July. I’d assume this means that invites would be going out very very soon?

No. They either sent an email asking you to pay the fee or this email. I did not wait to pay the fee, I paid the fee when I submitted my AADSAS application
I also just paid the fee right when I submitted my application.

I got the same email on 7/9; be sure to share when you hear something back from them.

Received an interview invite today! Guess the rumors of interviews starting in July were wrong because the earliest interview is August 13th. Close enough though!

Received an interview invite today! Guess the rumors of interviews starting in July were wrong because the earliest interview is August 13th. Close enough though!
IS, OOS or WICHE/ If you're comfortable would you mind sharing stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m wondering if they’re only inviting OOS Applicants at this point?

IS, OOS or WICHE/ If you're comfortable would you mind sharing stats?
South Dakota resident with a 3.92gpa and 22AA. From my understanding, SD is part of undergrad WICHE, but it does not carry over to professional schools :(

South Dakota resident with a 3.92gpa and 22AA. From my understanding, SD is part of undergrad WICHE, but it does not carry over to professional schools :(
Thanks for sharing, doesn't seem to be too big of a problem for you and congrats on the invite!

That's actually pretty neat. Looking at the ADEA 2017 book, there is some other cool statistics for Colorado:

Out of 1700 OOS applicants, 132 were interviewed, and 96 of them were accepted. That's close to a 75% acceptance rate for OOS applicants who get an interview!

96? Their class size is 80 though

I also got an interview invite today. They had 5 August days to choose from. Submitted mid June, OOS, above average GPA and DAT.

Good luck everyone. Maybe I'll meet some of you on August 20th!

96? Their class size is 80 though
The acceptance offers aren't sent out all at once. Over the cycle, people decline their acceptance offers and attend other schools. It took Colorado giving out 96 OOS acceptance offers to fill their 28 OOS spots for the class

Interview #1
School:
University of Colorado
Notification date: 7/25/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/6/18
Application complete date: 7/6/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.74, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26 AA, 25 TS, 22 PAT, 26 RC
Interview date: most mondays and Fridays in August

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling their interview? I scheduled on the doodle on Wednesday but haven't received the email and already bought flights

Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling their interview? I scheduled on the doodle on Wednesday but haven't received the email and already bought flights
Neither me or my gf have received a confirmation email, we both scheduled ours on Wednesday as well

Same, scheduled my interview on Wednesday and haven't received a confirmation email. I might call in an hour before buying my plane tickets. I don't want to wait too late since the interview is soon.

Hopefully they show the in-staters some love today!!

Got a confirmation email a few minutes ago

They just sent in state interviews

From CA, just got an interview as well!

For those of you getting interviews from Colorado, have you already filled out their supplemental app?

Ok, thanks. Their email saying they had my app under review said “supplemental materials will only be needed upon request” so I assumed they had one.

Ok, thanks. Their email saying they had my app under review said “supplemental materials will only be needed upon request” so I assumed they had one.
No supplemental, just the $65 supplemental fee.

Last edited:
Anybody know what interviews will be like this year?

Interview #1
School:
University of Colorado
Notification date: 7/27/18
Residency: SD
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 7/2/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18AA, 17 TS, 19 PAT, 19 RC
Interview date: September 10!

I didn't expect to get an invite so soon! Anyone else interviewing that day?

I have applied too! OOS and same GPA but my DAT Scores are 18AA 20TS 19 PAT 15 RC, do they have cutoff? Trying to figure out why I didn’t get one?

Anybody know what interviews will be like this year?

Last year was closed file, and I believe it’ll be the same this year. I think it’s very conversational, but I’ve heard a few people say they can be kinda tough on interviewees. It’ll be hard to know until people post back after the first interview date.

I have applied too! OOS and same GPA but my DAT Scores are 18AA 20TS 19 PAT 15 RC, do they have cutoff? Trying to figure out why I didn’t get one?

There’s a bunch of factors that go into inviting someone for interviews. Not only stats. Your 15 in RC could be a reason, or it could be something else! Good luck!

Interview #1
School:
University of Colorado
Notification date: 7/27/18
Residency: CO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/05/18
Application complete date: 06/22/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.76
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20 AA, 21 TS, 20 PAT, 19 RC
Interview date: August 27

I'm excited to interview and I hope everyone does very well!

I know two person in my class got in with 15RC, but they are IS.

Ok so I just got an email from CO asking if I wanted them to wait to review my app until I retake the DAT on September 1st. Should I tell them to wait or just go ahead and have them review it?

AADSAS mailed: 06/05/2018
DAT: AA 19 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 22 (16 in gen chem, 21 ochem & 20 Bio)

Undergrad GPA(Science, overall) 3.25, 3.5

I was obviously a fool during the beginning of my undergrad which hurt me later with my average science GPA. I just finished a MS in molecular bio with a 4.0 and am retaking the DAT at the request of another school. I’m trying to have at least a few schools review my application early since several schools have told me they won’t review my application until they receive the new scores.

Ok so I just got an email from CO asking if I wanted them to wait to review my app until I retake the DAT on September 1st. Should I tell them to wait or just go ahead and have them review it?

AADSAS mailed: 06/05/2018
DAT: AA 19 TS 18 PAT 17 RC 22 (16 in gen chem, 21 ochem & 20 Bio)

Undergrad GPA(Science, overall) 3.25, 3.5

I was obviously a fool during the beginning of my undergrad which hurt me later with my average science GPA. I just finished a MS in molecular bio with a 4.0 and am retaking the DAT at the request of another school. I’m trying to have at least a few schools review my application early since several schools have told me they won’t review my application until they receive the new scores.
It's better to get a late interview than no interview. Tell them to put your app on hold until the new score comes in

Interview #1
School: University of Colorado
Notification date: 7/26/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: North Dakota (WICHE)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10/18
Application complete date: 7/16/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Many in August/Sept. Chose Sept 8

Status