***The Official University of Colorado Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

anyone know the chance of acceptance after interview? (for OOS)
If the data I have are correct, although i believe from 2017, its about 73% of those interviewed from OOS get an offer. That year there were 1772 OOS applicants, were 132 interviewed, and 96 were offered a spot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If the data I have are correct, although i believe from 2017, its about 73% of those interviewed from OOS get an offer. That year there were 1772 OOS applicants, were 132 interviewed, and 96 were offered a spot.
Unfortunately I don't think this is accurate anymore :/ In 2017, the data shows they only interviewed 225 applicants. This year, their goal is to interview 400 for the ~75 available slots. When I asked how many acceptances they needed to send out to fill their class last year, the number was 138, if I'm not mistaken. So I have a feeling the number this year is closer to a 45% chance of acceptance after interview.

Unfortunately I don't think this is accurate anymore :/ In 2017, the data shows they only interviewed 225 applicants. This year, their goal is to interview 400 for the ~75 available slots. When I asked how many acceptances they needed to send out to fill their class last year, the number was 138, if I'm not mistaken. So I have a feeling the number this year is closer to a 45% chance of acceptance after interview.
Interesting, that seems like quite the bump. They presented the numbers at my interview as well but I dont recall and didnt take notes, unfortunately. Still, 45% is a solid chance. I wonder if that number is higher for those who interview earlier (early interviews seem to mean better stats ive heard/had confirmed by the dean at one school).

Members don't see this ad :)
Are post-december interviews mostly for OOS students? Am a IS student and haven't heard back yet so getting a little antsy.

Interesting, that seems like quite the bump. They presented the numbers at my interview as well but I dont recall and didnt take notes, unfortunately. Still, 45% is a solid chance. I wonder if that number is higher for those who interview earlier (early interviews seem to mean better stats ive heard/had confirmed by the dean at one school).
I know! I thought it was a huge bump too. But from the conversation on here, it looks like they bumped it up last year and are just continuing the trend this year. I'm certainly not complaining about 45%, it's better than nothing! I was also a little skeptical when Crystal said they only need 138 acceptances to fill the class last year when the dental school stats spreadsheet from 2017 says they needed 175 acceptances to fill that class. My guess would be that earlier does indeed mean a better chance, but I'm not positive.

I received an interview on November 6th! I am Colorado Resident

To those that have interviewed at CU, did you receive any emails after your interview? I know that during my interview day Crystal mentioned that we'd be receiving two or three emails after the interview and before Dec. 2nd. I believe she said one would be for interviewees to provide feedback on their experience and one would be to gauge interest and tell the school where they stand in terms of your school rankings. I haven't received any emails since my interview and was starting to get concerned, so I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing out on anything. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Do you mind sharing your stats and date of submittal please?

Interview #4
School: University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 11/6/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19
Application complete date: 08/03 (they were missing my DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/20/none
Interview date: 11/18

Interview #4
School: University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 11/6/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Colorado
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/19
Application complete date: 08/03 (they were missing my DAT scores)
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/20/none
Interview date: 11/18

Thanks for this! Do you know if 11/18 is the last date they have for pre-december?

11/18 is the last date for pre-december
Yes that’s true! Also I believe the only December dates I saw were the week of December 9th- 14th. if I remember correctly, there were quite a few days that week for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are one's chances of acceptance lowered significantly if they get a post-dec interview instead of a pre-dec interview?

To those that have interviewed at CU, did you receive any emails after your interview? I know that during my interview day Crystal mentioned that we'd be receiving two or three emails after the interview and before Dec. 2nd. I believe she said one would be for interviewees to provide feedback on their experience and one would be to gauge interest and tell the school where they stand in terms of your school rankings. I haven't received any emails since my interview and was starting to get concerned, so I just wanted to make sure that I'm not missing out on anything. Thanks in advance!
I only got an interview survey email. you didn't receive any email after interview?

I only got an interview survey email. you didn't receive any email after interview?
I never got an interview survey email but I did just get the residency verification email a few hours ago. Strange.

I never got an interview survey email but I did just get the residency verification email a few hours ago. Strange.
I assume residency verification email is a really good sign based on the CU website. It said "Only students who are already admitted to a program at CU Anschutz Medical Campus should fill out this form."

I assume residency verification email is a really good sign based on the CU website. It said "Only students who are already admitted to a program at CU Anschutz Medical Campus should fill out this form."
If i remember correctly, at the interview they told us we would all get this form around this time. Anyone else remember this or am i making that up???

If i remember correctly, at the interview they told us we would all get this form around this time. Anyone else remember this or am i making that up???
as much as i'd like to believe this is a great sign based off what is said on the website, i vaguely remember being told about getting these forms before acceptances too...

as much as i'd like to believe this is a great sign based off what is said on the website, i vaguely remember being told about getting these forms before acceptances too...
wow... Before acceptances? I feel the same way. The website shows only students who are accepted can receive this form and fill out. I believe the statements on the website can't be wrong.

Hm I don’t think it means anything because the email says “All applicants who have interviewed at the School of Dental Medicine, CU Anschutz Medical Campus are required to complete an electronic initial residency verification form before offers of admission are extended.”

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted residency verification form yesterday but I didn't get confirmation email yet. Does anyone receive confirmation mail?

Is there any advice you could give me for my interview on Monday? Any specific questions I should prepare for?

did everyone get the email from the dean? So they’re going to call us one by one, so we most probably aren’t going to hear back on the 2nd. ‍
also,do you guys know if anyone’s been rejected yet? Crystal said she was going to send out rejections before Dec 2nd.

Last edited:
did everyone get the email from the dean? So they’re going to call us one by one, so we most probably aren’t going to hear back on the 2nd. ‍♀
also,do you guys know if anyone’s been rejected yet? Crystal said she was going to send out rejections before Dec 2nd.
Yes, I just received the email. I am so nervous cuz it said they will not select the entire class on selection day.
It's my top school tho....

Yes, I just received the email. I am so nervous cuz it said they will not select the entire class on selection day.
It's my top school tho....
It’s my top school also! My heart dropped with that email I thought it was a rejection lol. That first paragraph was a little bleak haha

It’s my top school also! My heart dropped with that email I thought it was a rejection lol. That first paragraph was a little bleak haha
I heard they didn't send a rejection email after the interview. I hope we both get into this school in December.

did everyone get the email from the dean? So they’re going to call us one by one, so we most probably aren’t going to hear back on the 2nd. ‍♀

About half get accepted on December 2nd. They are also keeping in mind/reserving seats for potential candidates from the upcoming spring interviews. There will most likely be 3 people calling accepted students

About half get accepted on December 2nd. They are also keeping in mind/reserving seats for potential candidates from the upcoming spring interviews. There will most likely be 3 people calling accepted students
Ok great thank you!

Is anyone having trouble submitting their residency verification form?

Did any other OOS applicant get placed "Under Review" after filling out their Online Residency Verification Form? I filled out my form on 11/14 indicating that I was not claiming Colorado residency, and got an email on 11/15 saying that my residency status was under review, and that I had to wait 5 business days for a final residency determination or a request for further information. I have yet to receive either of those...

Did any other OOS applicant get placed "Under Review" after filling out their Online Residency Verification Form? I filled out my form on 11/14 indicating that I was not claiming Colorado residency, and got an email on 11/15 saying that my residency status was under review, and that I had to wait 5 business days for a final residency determination or a request for further information. I have yet to receive either of those...

I’m OOS and mine went straight through. You might want to email the school to ask, or just wait the five days.

Hi everyone! DS1 here, I just wanted to jump in and say good luck in the coming days! Just remember that you all aren't defined by mere numbers and are all wonderfully amazing people. Enjoy your weekend and I hope to CU soon! ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they started calling yet??? #anxious