****The Official University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Mind sharing your stats? DAT and gpa? I was interviewed in April still nothing :(

Don't lose hope! (I know I was about to ) 25 TS 24 AA. and Science gpa=3.4 overall= 3.5. My interview was at the end of May. and I applied really late to re-take my DAT

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lose hope! (I know I was about to ) 25 TS 24 AA. and Science gpa=3.4 overall= 3.5. My interview was at the end of May. and I applied really late to re-take my DAT

your score is really good, mine was avg.

TS : 21
AA : 20
PAT: 19

gpa is similar. Dr. Abbott had interviewed me and i thought i did really well on the interview, then i was assured by Dr. Jeffers himself that I was in a very viable position on the alternate list and still nothing :( i am so disappointed, I really don't want to do Masters Program to improve my GPA. I am accepted at UMDNJ to pursue master Degree in Oral Pathology

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything either and was interviewed in April. I finished my Masters in May as well, so I'm stumped as to what is going on.

Better than me... I interviewed in DECEMBER, and nothing. My stats aren't worth sharing, so maybe that's why.

I've got to do the long route. This was my second time applying. You?

I m going to pursue a masters degree from umdnj, take the test again and re-apply if i don't get in. this is my first time applying to the school. I am really hoping that an offer will be made to me .

Last edited:
No idea whatsoever. I tried calling today and yesterday and no one is picking up.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea whatsoever. I tried calling today and yesterday and no one is picking up.

I think the office opens up at 9am. I hope they are not done calling people. So far we know four students are offered a seat, even if you double the number it's still 8 students. I am not losing hope. Keep praying!

Does anyone know how many days people are given to pay their deposits?

I spoke to someone today and she made it sound like its pretty much over, "make your deposits for other schools if you have to and re-apply for next year" she said. all 24 seats are currently occupied, now the people on the wait list gets a call if someone from that 24 seats withdraws, which seems highly unlikely.

Good luck guys..

I spoke to someone today and she made it sound like its pretty much over, "make your deposits for other schools if you have to and re-apply for next year" she said. all 24 seats are currently occupied, now the people on the wait list gets a call if someone from that 24 seats withdraws, which seems highly unlikely.

Good luck guys..
That's just great...

Good luck guys..

Thanks for the info! Not the outcome we expected, but a pretty good run at least? :(

Thanks for the info! Not the outcome we expected, but a pretty good run at least? :(

i feel like some seats are still available. i don't think this person knew the details. I spoke to some other lady and she said they were extending few offers at a time, not all at once. whatever it is, this wait is not getting any good.

when is your deposit due?

I called early this morning, and I got the seat! :) Dr. Jeffers said they wanted to go up to 150, but they're doing 144 seats this year. So, that is 24 extra spots they added.

when is your deposit due?

I interviewed in February, so it had been a long time for me. As far as my stats, my undergrad at University of Michigan was not great, about a 3.0. Did a year of post-bachelor science classes that I 4.0 at Eastern Michigan. Then went to Wayne State and got my Master's in Basic Medical Science, received my degree in May, and managed a 3.5. DAT scores off the top of my head,
Bio 21,
Orgo 19,
GChem 17,
24 on PAT,
24 on Reading Comp,
22 on Quantitative
19 Total Science
21 Academic Average

And can you please tell us your deposit due date?

Apparently 2 to 3 days i was told

Just saying, I would assume anyone being offered the seat now would be paying the deposit. The only reason anyone would decline the offer is if they are already accepted in another school and assuming Dr. Jeffers would just got to the next person on this so-called alternate list. Hopefully, you're right they are just calling a few at a time, but .... this doesn't help much I guess.

Hi
So I was called on friday afternoon (july 20) with the offer from Dr. Jeffers. I was told that UDM needed to receive my $1500.00 deposit by wednesday (july 25).

Hi
So I was called on friday afternoon (july 20) with the offer from Dr. Jeffers. I was told that UDM needed to receive my $1500.00 deposit by wednesday (july 25).

So five days. Did u make your deposit ?

I was given from Tuesday to Friday
I was the same, offered Tuesday and deposit was due by Friday. I drove down and personally dropped it off since I am close enough where that was possible to do.

Yeah its just 3 days. i had 5 because the weekend obviously didnt count.

Who should I call exactly to acquire about my status on the alternate list?

I just got accepted :D:D
Dr. Jeffers told me that someone withdrew. I guess the class is full, and those of you on the alternate list just be patient and good luck!

I just got accepted :D:D
Dr. Jeffers told me that someone withdrew. I guess the class is full, and those of you on the alternate list just be patient and good luck!

Congrats! can you please share your DAT score and GPA? when did you interview?

Congrats! can you please share your DAT score and GPA? when did you interview?
Thanks! My GPA was 3.75
My dat score are PAT 18, QR 17, RC 20, BIO 20, CHEM 19, OC 18, TS 19 and AA 19
I received an interview mid May

Thanks! My GPA was 3.75
My dat score are PAT 18, QR 17, RC 20, BIO 20, CHEM 19, OC 18, TS 19 and AA 19
I received an interview mid May

did u compete any post bac? or just bachelors?

Hey everyone,
In possibly the strangest, most unexpected situation ever, I was accepted yesterday afternoon! I totally thought this app cycle was dead, so you never know guys! There is apparently still time!

Congrats to all...can anyone comment on how hard the process was including predental grades, interviews etc and extra community activities?
Doing prereqs now as a 35 year old so would like input about UDM process.

Hey everyone,
In possibly the strangest, most unexpected situation ever, I was accepted yesterday afternoon! I totally thought this app cycle was dead, so you never know guys! There is apparently still time!

Do you mind sharing your DAT scores and Gpa?

iroteaser, enough with the requesting of DAT scores and GPA, everyone who interviewed was qualified academically.

iroteaser, enough with the requesting of DAT scores and GPA, everyone who interviewed was qualified academically.

I am sure they were, I just don't get it why wasn't I offered a seat.

I graduated from UM in 2009, have been doing research since then and published some things. I believe I had at 3.3 and had a 21/21/30 for my DAT. I interviewed in late May. I was enrolled to start a Master's program in Physiology at UM in the fall and had already submitted reapplications for the 2013 cycle. I don't know if there is any way to know why you weren't offered a seat, but keep your head up and make your app better. The person I interviewed with mentioned that having a master's would have greatly improved my odds for the next time around. If you haven't already, that may be something to think about.

The person I interviewed with mentioned that having a master's would have greatly improved my odds for the next time around. If you haven't already, that may be something to think about.

i have a masters and they definitely wanted to talk a lot about that during the interview