****The Official University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I talked to Bethsave last Friday when she gave me the tour of UDM, she said they still have to interview about 10 more people.

they still had 10 more people to interview as of June 15th...damn

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with you, El0422. Even though I didn't interview with them until early April, I still would like to wonder how they can offer out so many new interviews when there is no guarantee anyone will get accepted off the alternate list after the CODA meeting in July. And if the class size does increase, with them saying the alternate list has no particular order, how are they going to decide who gets picked with such a "big" waitlist?

I'm with you, El0422. Even though I didn't interview with them until early April, I still would like to wonder how they can offer out so many new interviews when there is no guarantee anyone will get accepted off the alternate list after the CODA meeting in July. And if the class size does increase, with them saying the alternate list has no particular order, how are they going to decide who gets picked with such a "big" waitlist?
Maybe they're just covering their bases, but you'd like to think they'd be happy offering those that are already on the waitlist if a spot opened up, instead of interviewing new people every week. Have to think those still going to interviews also don't have a lot of options so would be likely to accept if offered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a side note guys - I know of two applicants who recently got interview invites after receiving a rejection letter from UDM...

Just a side note guys - I know of two applicants who recently got interview invites after receiving a rejection letter from UDM...

That happened to me as well.

Anyone else contemplating on reapplying for UDM now or waiting till the meeting (about class size) in July?

I don't know. My interviewer said they have a meeting on Tuesday (June. 19) to review interviewed applicants. So far, I haven't heard anything from UDM. Do they phone/snail mail/email to let applicants know they are on the alternate list?

Last edited:
I don't know. My interviewer said they have a meeting on Tuesday (June. 19) to review interviewed applicants. So far, I haven't heard anything from UDM. Do they phone/snail mail/email to let applicants know they are on the alternate list?

i received a letter by mail dated Jun20 informing me that i was placed on alternate, everyone else get the same? (i am located in ontario canada)

I just got the same. I decided to resubmit my application in the mean time. It was painful to spend all that money again, but better in the long run I think.

i received a letter by mail dated Jun20 informing me that i was placed on alternate, everyone else get the same? (i am located in ontario canada)

Yep. I just got it today.

Samesies. Nice pics btw.

Members don't see this ad :)
No letter for me.. Those of you who got waitlisted, hang in there. You will get accepted eventually. I recall the interviewer said they can't send out acceptance letters until they get approved by CODA.

No letter for me.. Those of you who got waitlisted, hang in there. You will get accepted eventually. I recall the interviewer said they can't send out acceptance letters until they get approved by CODA.
So did you get accepted or rejected? Just wondering if you're saying you got a phone call, or what. Thanks

Does anyone know the date that CODA is expected to approve?

So did you get accepted or rejected? Just wondering if you're saying you got a phone call, or what. Thanks

no calls, no mail or email. I tried calling but no one is pick up. lol

Does anyone know the date that CODA is expected to approve?

The CODA meeting wasn't until sometime in July. The class is currently at 120 and from what I've heard that is most likely where they are going to keep it for the class of 2016. They are expected to bump it up to 160 for this coming cycle.

The CODA meeting wasn't until sometime in July. The class is currently at 120 and from what I've heard that is most likely where they are going to keep it for the class of 2016. They are expected to bump it up to 160 for this coming cycle.
With that said, then why would UDM be so inclined to keep giving interviews into late-June to add more and more people to the waitlist if they didn't want to increase the class size now? Just trying to make sense of it all...

pretty sure the interviewer said they are currently expected to increase the class size this year

pretty sure the interviewer said they are currently expected to increase the class size this year

That's what I recall from my interview about a month ago. The hope was to at least get the class size to 140 for this fall. That's what I was told. I was just wondering what day exactly the approval was going to happen. It's getting late

From what I've heard they want to go to 160, unless CODA says no, I can't see them not expanding to that number. Question for any Canadians on here, was wondering if Canadian dental schools had sent out their offers yet? As last year it was about June 27th that that happened, and that had the result of opening up some spots in the class and people off the waitlist got offered.

Question for any Canadians on here, was wondering if Canadian dental schools had sent out their offers yet? As last year it was about June 27th that that happened, and that had the result of opening up some spots in the class and people off the waitlist got offered.

I only had an interview at University of Western Ontario, and they sent out their offers on May. 10. UBC sent theirs out back in February. I don't know about the other Canadian dental schools.

Anybody heard anything? Despite the fact they have to wait to add the extra spots, I'm wondering if they're seeing any regular movement off the wait list from people who opt to go elsewhere. So sick of waiting.

Anybody heard anything? Despite the fact they have to wait to add the extra spots, I'm wondering if they're seeing any regular movement off the wait list from people who opt to go elsewhere. So sick of waiting.

Yeah, it sucks. The dental admissions office is going to be closed all next week. So, if there is movement off the wait list, we won't hear back until July 9th.

Yeah, it sucks. The dental admissions office is going to be closed all next week. So, if there is movement off the wait list, we won't hear back until July 9th.

Why is it closed?

Hi everyone!
Firstly, congrats to all that have been admitted to UDM dental school and good luck to everyone still waiting. I am a Canadian student (Windsor, ONT) and I would like to apply to UDM this year. My question(s) go out to all people that have been admitted to the UDM dental program. If you don't mind sharing, what are your credentials? For instance, your gpa, DAT scores, extracurricular activities, etc.? I still have not written my DAT (still contemplating whether I should write the American or Canadian one...although I am leaning towards the Canadian DAT since it lacks organic chemistry, which I am kind of weak in).Basically, I just want to have an idea of what my chances are of getting in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Go to http://predents.com/

So do we know if the CODA meeting was yesterday or next week? I'd heard it was the 9th, but then read on here it was the 15th. Just curious when calls will go out if they do get approval.

So do we know if the CODA meeting was yesterday or next week? I'd heard it was the 9th, but then read on here it was the 15th. Just curious when calls will go out if they do get approval.
According to CODA's website, the earliest possible meeting they have is July 13 (for ortho) but it says that this coming Monday, July 16 is the Pre-Doc Committee meeting, which I would assume would be the day it is decided. Hopefully only a week more of waiting!

:xf: I was just going to post the same thing as above! Good luck this week to all of us on the waitlist :xf:

I really hope they push the class to 160. Goodluck to all waitlisters and when u think we will know forsure by......waiting sucks!!!!!!

Not to burst any bubbles but I talked with the financial aid lady a couple of weeks ago and she said 120 is a yes and that if approved they would most likely only get to 140 this year.

Yes, thats what I always thought. It would be really difficult to add 40 extra students in a month. Even 20 seems like a lot but we'll see

Anyway... anyone call to ask what the decision was today?

Nothing here so far.

I'm too nervous to call them to see what they say lol.

Yea, I'm nervous they got approval and calls went out...and I didn't get one

I don't think they would have already called people for open spots, but that's just my reasoning skills...

You're nervous that this may have happened or because it did happen?
I'm nervous that that may have happened, not that it did...but I'm guessing if they did get approval they will have to decide who is going to be offered of those on the waitlist, so maybe tomorrow or Thursday?

Just got off the phone with Doctor Jeffer's, offered a spot!!! So pumped, hope you guys all got calls or are getting them shortly!

Just got off the phone with Doctor Jeffer's, offered a spot!!! So pumped, hope you guys all got calls or are getting them shortly!

Congrats! could you please post your stats that would help a lot.