****The Official University of Detroit Mercy Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Does this mean that the expansion was approved?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got off the phone with Doctor Jeffer's, offered a spot!!! So pumped, hope you guys all got calls or are getting them shortly!

Any plan of attack on getting loans?

Any plan of attack on getting loans?

Much of the class that has been selected for months are still waiting on their loan award information, seems like they are a little behind. Congrats to everyone getting accepted!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean that the expansion was approved?
Yea, the expansion was okayed. There is one more hearing August 9th where it will become 'official' official, and there is the oft chance it gets shot down then but not likely he said. And he said if it did I would be deferred if no spots were available.

I got the call this afternoon from Dr. Jeffers. But I missed the call as I was at work. He left a message, and I was told to call back tomorrow; I think I got in! :)

Just got off the phone with Doctor Jeffer's, offered a spot!!! So pumped, hope you guys all got calls or are getting them shortly!

Congrats! :)

That part I'm worried about especially since I'm Canadian.

Yup same. Especially with the 1.5k deposit coming up soon, gotta work on this loan thing fast.

Also, a place to live. Oh god... We can all rent together :).

Yup same. Especially with the 1.5k deposit coming up soon, gotta work on this loan thing fast.

Also, a place to live. Oh god... We can all rent together :).

Yeah. I'm from all the way from Vancouver Island. Never lived on the east coast before. I really want to live in Windsor Ontario, but because class is starting really quickly, I don't think I'll get my Nexus card before class starts. I don't know how the commute is like without a Nexus card.

Yea, the expansion was okayed. There is one more hearing August 9th where it will become 'official' official, and there is the oft chance it gets shot down then but not likely he said. And he said if it did I would be deferred if no spots were available.

Do you know how many additional seats were approved?

Hi All. Just a quick question. For those of you who got acceptance call in the past few days, or sometime in the past three months, have they been asking you questions about how you will be financing your education? Do they sound concerned about loan approvals?

Do you know how many additional seats were approved?

I called early this morning, and I got the seat! :) Dr. Jeffers said they wanted to go up to 150, but they're doing 144 seats this year. So, that is 24 extra spots they added.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called early this morning, and I got the seat! :) Dr. Jeffers said they wanted to go up to 150, but they're doing 144 seats this year. So, that is 24 extra spots they added.

Can you please list your stats? Gpa and DAT scores?

Can you list your stats too? I can't believe I haven't got the call yet, they said my number hasn't come yet :(

Can you please list your stats? Gpa and DAT scores?

American DAT:

PAT: 21
QR: 15
RC: 20
Bio: 19
GC: 23
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA: 19

Canadian DAT (most recently):

PA: 19
RC: 19
BIO: 22
CHEM: 21
TS: 22
AA: 21
Carving: 14

Overall GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.62
Non science: 3.8ish

I am just curious, but how long were the two of you who just got phone calls on the waitlist? Just wondering if you were one of the the recent interviewees or whatnot. Also, congrats!

I am just curious, but how long were the two of you who just got phone calls on the waitlist? Just wondering if you were one of the the recent interviewees or whatnot. Also, congrats!

I was called for an interview which was held very late on June 15th.

I interviewed in February, so it had been a long time for me. As far as my stats, my undergrad at University of Michigan was not great, about a 3.0. Did a year of post-bachelor science classes that I 4.0 at Eastern Michigan. Then went to Wayne State and got my Master's in Basic Medical Science, received my degree in May, and managed a 3.5. DAT scores off the top of my head,
Bio 21,
Orgo 19,
GChem 17,
24 on PAT,
24 on Reading Comp,
22 on Quantitative
19 Total Science
21 Academic Average

Application complete: Jan 1st 2012
Interview date: End of May
Canadian DAT during interview: 19/19/19 (AA/TS/PA)
totGPA: 3.74, sciGPA: 3.7
American DAT sent while on waitlist: 22/22/24 (AA/TS/PA)

Are they still calling people or is it all over for the people who have not received a phone call?

Are they still calling people or is it all over for the people who have not received a phone call?

I am very disappointed, I called the office early this morning and they said that my number on the alternate list hasn't come. I wonder how many people were interviewed for the alternate list. I just want to know if I am getting in or not. This wait is driving me NUTS. I was once assured that I was a viable candidate on the alternate list. I am hoping I will hear from them this week.

Make sure to join the Facebook group theres a ton of information posted there.

Congrats to everyone getting in. I saw some people talking about loans. I was accepted in February and I just got my loan information from UDM about a week ago. Can't wait to see if any changes are made as to how the class will be run with class size going from 96 to 144 in 1 year. Can't wait to meet everyone August 13.

Are people still getting phone calls? Apparently, deposits are due tomorrow.

Are people still getting phone calls? Apparently, deposits are due tomorrow.

I called today and they said that they will be calling until next week. I'm not sure how to take it because for all those waiting, I feel your pain!!!

Sorry, just to clarify: calling the first 24 chosen people until next week? Or calling waitlisters only until next week, period (ie, not calling anyone after next week, regardless of waitlist shifting)? Lol I am grasping at straws here...

They are going to meet with the committee to "review" people on the alternate/waitlist. I'm at a loss for words as to how they are reviewing candidates since they keep saying they do not have a rank on students - or that's what they are telling me. So, it wasn't clear if it was "the first 24 off the list." Guess it's time to turn in some new apps

They are going to meet with the committee to "review" people on the alternate/waitlist. I'm at a loss for words as to how they are reviewing candidates since they keep saying they do not have a rank on students - or that's what they are telling me. So, it wasn't clear if it was "the first 24 off the list." Guess it's time to turn in some new apps
Did they say that all 144 seats were filled?

is it too far from school if i live in Troy area?

Last edited:
I finally got my acceptance call yesterday afternoon! The longest wait of my life - I had almost given up hope. I think he has some more people to call next week so keep believing.

those of you recently accepted - will you be withdrawing your acceptances from other schools? i am very wary to give up my other seat for a "provisional acceptance"

Does anyone need a roommate now? I'm male and live in CA now but will go there on 8/3. Just PM me.

those of you recently accepted - will you be withdrawing your acceptances from other schools? i am very wary to give up my other seat for a "provisional acceptance"

stay where you are to be honest

I finally got my acceptance call yesterday afternoon! The longest wait of my life - I had almost given up hope. I think he has some more people to call next week so keep believing.

can you please share your STATS?

Have you received any of your TitanConnect Information? I dropped off my deposit last Thursday and received a bunch of forms and such, but none of my TitanConnect info. I talked to IT and they said that they will usually mail that stuff out, I'm just wondering if my info was forgotten in my packet or if they are mailing more stuff out. Congrats as well!

stay where you are to be honest

Dr. Jeffers said the final meeting is just a formality and they are 99.9% certain it will just pass through, and told me to go ahead and find housing so... good enough odds for me!

I haven't heard anything either and was interviewed in April. I finished my Masters in May as well, so I'm stumped as to what is going on.