***** The Official University of Illinois at Chicago Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thanks!

GPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
AA: 21
TS: 22

I shared more of my stats earlier in this thread too.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What advice do you guys have for post dec 2nd interviews? Am I automatically waitlisted after my interview?

Last edited:
For anyone wondering still about UIC, they only send out 175 interview invites total this cycle. Only two OOS will be accepted. I interviewed the first week of October and anyone feel free to reach out if you have questions
I vaguely remember Braulia or Carolyn saying they only send out about 50 acceptance December 2. If we didn't get a rejection notification nor acceptance notification, then are we on the waitlist. Also, how do we get off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
I vaguely remember Braulia or Carolyn saying they only send out about 50 acceptance December 2. If we didn't get a rejection notification nor acceptance notification, then are we on the waitlist. Also, how do we get off the waitlist?

I got a waitlist email. I don’t know how we could get off, I think just wait and hope spots open up.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't been rejected but I didn't get a waitlist email either

Members don't see this ad :)
Same predicament as you; I believe we'll be notified around mid January. Thats what it seems like on last years thread for UIC.
Im on the same boat. I interviewed in November and haven’t heard anything. Hopefully it doesn’t mean a rejection !

Has anyone heard anything lately?
there are 54 applicants on the waitlist, the school is waiting to see how many accepted applicants will pay the deposit on January 7th before they look at the waitlist, 50 acceptances were sent out on Monday

there are 54 applicants on the waitlist, the school is waiting to see how many accepted applicants will pay the deposit on January 7th before they look at the waitlist, 50 acceptances were sent out on Monday

Are they gonna send out interview invites in January too?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

How do you know there are 54 applicants on the waitlist? Do you know how many get accepted off the waitlist per chance?

So anyone who didn’t get a waitlist email is basically rejected at this point?

So anyone who didn’t get a waitlist email is basically rejected at this point?
they still conduct interviews in January and February but they are very limited on spots

I had an interview mid November but didn’t receive an email for acceptance/waitlist. Not feeling positive at this point but still a couple months left.

I had an interview mid November but didn’t receive an email for acceptance/waitlist. Not feeling positive at this point but still a couple months left.
Same here, I haven't heard anything either. I'm conflicted about how I should feel because I remember Brauila saying that sending out rejection wasn't a priority, but she also said that they wouldn't hide any decisions either. I know people who heard back on Dec. 2nd that interviewed in November.

How do you know there are 54 applicants on the waitlist? Do you know how many get accepted off the waitlist per chance?
Mrs. Carolyn told a friend there are 54 on the waitlist. I don't know how many get accepted from that list, I would think it depends on how many will place the deposit by January 7th

Same here, I haven't heard anything either. I'm conflicted about how I should feel because I remember Brauila saying that sending out rejection wasn't a priority, but she also said that they wouldn't hide any decisions either. I know people who heard back on Dec. 2nd that interviewed in November.
She told us the same but idk. Im tempted to call and ask for the status of my app but don’t want to seem to desperate lol.

I called and spoke to her. She didn’t sound very hopeful given the tone of her voice and essentially said the committee hasn’t made a decision. Lol So im taking it as a

This lack of status from UIC is really confusing - it really leaves me with no idea where I stand and would be nice to know if I in fact was on the waitlist. I'd assume the majority of the 54 do take their spot, let's say 2 don't that leaves 52 attending and only 18 spots left. Do we know if anyone who has interviewed has actually gotten a clear rejection?

This lack of status from UIC is really confusing - it really leaves me with no idea where I stand and would be nice to know if I in fact was on the waitlist. I'd assume the majority of the 54 do take their spot, let's say 2 don't that leaves 52 attending and only 18 spots left. Do we know if anyone who has interviewed has actually gotten a clear rejection?
This is what I was told from someone, not from UIC but pretty sure they have the same approach. Before they decide who to send an acceptance, they want to meet their diversity goal. For example, half male/half female, how many non-traditional, how many OOS, what ethnicity, etc, so if someone who got accepted was a female, non-traditional, etc... and declines the offer, they might look at the waitlist for someone very similar to that profile. Don't think they will just pick number one on the waitlist if that makes sense. I would contact them again and ask if you are on the waitlist or not

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
School: UIC
Notification date: 12/30/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IL
Application complete date: 07/24/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.0, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20
Dates available OR your interview date: 1/21

When I interviewed, admissions told us that about 18 out of the 70 available spots were reserved for students such as the military scholarship, some that have completed I think their post bacc or something (not sure exactly) and two students that had received the offer last year, but were unable to attend and due to personal reasons, the school decided to extend the offer to them again this cycle (one student had a death in the family). All in total it was right around 18 spots that were reserved, so basically, they could only give out about 50-52 to other applicants. I have received an offer from them and have sent my deposit, but I am still unsure if I will attend bc I am still waiting to hear from another school. But believe me that there are students that have decided to go to Marquette instead, so there is always a chance...

Hi thought I’d make an account just to update. I just got accepted from the waitlist this morning. I’m OOS and I will be accepting the offer.

Reactions: 2 users
My application was super late because of my late DAT. My official DAT score was uploaded on the day of the deadline. :(
I got an interview invite a month ago for January 16. Do you guys think it's for this cycle (the class of 2024)? I got accepted by out-of-state schools, which I am extremely happy about! My #1 choice is UIC though.

Last edited:
has Anyone that hasn’t been placed on the waitlist but didn’t get accepted right on dec 2. (Basically those who haven’t heard a peep) been accepted yet? I’m confused because I thought those who hadn’t heard anything yet would hear something before they touched the waitlist. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what rolling admission is?

has Anyone that hasn’t been placed on the waitlist but didn’t get accepted right on dec 2. (Basically those who haven’t heard a peep) been accepted yet? I’m confused because I thought those who hadn’t heard anything yet would hear something before they touched the waitlist. Maybe I have the wrong idea of what rolling admission is?
I am surprised that they still issue new interviews knowing that 54 students were on the waitlist

My application was super late because of my late DAT. My official DAT score was uploaded on the day of the deadline. :(
I got an interview invite a month ago for January 16. Do you guys think it's for this cycle (the class of 2024)? I got accepted by out-of-state schools, which I am extremely happy about! My #1 choice is UIC though.

It would definitely be for this cycle

Has anyone heard back lately?
I just had the interview today. Ms. Feller said, the admissions committee is going to go through the waitlisted and the freshly interviewed applicants' application on January 28th, so anytime after that. Good luck to You!

I just had the interview today. Ms. Feller said, the admissions committee is going to go through the waitlisted and the freshly interviewed applicants' application on January 28th, so anytime after that. Good luck to You!
So basically if you’re not on waitlist and havent heard back after having an interview then it’s a rejection? At least that’s what I’m getting ...

So basically if you’re not on waitlist and havent heard back after having an interview then it’s a rejection? At least that’s what I’m getting ...
If you did not receive a rejection email and your status has not changed on AADSAS, not-hearing-back is definitely NOT a rejection. They are considering applicants until the beginning of April. They conduct couple more interviews, but it is only couple of days a month from January because most of their seats are filled already. They accept 70 applicants, but 20 seats were already taken this year, so the acceptance window is narrower this year. Do not lose hope; there is still chance!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for letting us know! Hopefully, we all hear some good news soon!