***The Official University of Louisville Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOS. But I've already seen OOS get interviews... so...
I've got a 23 DAT and have not heard a peep since I sent in my supplemental. Granted, my GPA is not nearly a 4.0.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone heard anything recently? I submitted supplement 7/13. They got my new DAT score 8/3.

Last edited:
I got the application complete email on June 28th and still have yet to hear anything from them...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite to interview on October 15th!
OOS Applicant.
DAT: AA 21, TS 21, PAT 25.
GPA 3.65

Any advice for the interview? Mine is coming up on the 24th!

Does any past applicant know if Louisville intentionally passes over students with high stats? I’ve heard rumors that some schools do this. I think it’s a devilish practice but I’ve still heard that it is done. My application was done 7/12. 24 AA with no section under 20. 4.0 GPA. Great ECs. Have they passed over me?

I have a friend who is OOS with a 19 AA and already had an interview there, but I have not been offered one with a 22 AA. I've wondered the same thing (also OOS).

Does any past applicant know if Louisville intentionally passes over students with high stats? I’ve heard rumors that some schools do this. I think it’s a devilish practice but I’ve still heard that it is done. My application was done 7/12. 24 AA with no section under 20. 4.0 GPA. Great ECs. Have they passed over me?
I believe there to be total truth to this suspicion. I applied as soon as AADSAS opened, 25 AA, 3.9 GPA, lots of extracurriculars/leadership, OOS, yet no word from schools like Louisville and Indiana. Meanwhile already have interviews at schools like Columbia.

Did anyone else get the email from UofL about their community service projects in the Appalachian Mountains? I don't think I've ever gone from excitement to disappointment so quickly. I thought it was finally an interview invite!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the email from UofL about their community service projects in the Appalachian Mountains? I don't think I've ever gone from excitement to disappointment so quickly. I thought it was finally an interview invite!
Did you mention rural dentistry anywhere in your application?

I got the email also. I don’t think I talked at all about rural dentistry. I would assume the email got sent to everyone that applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the email also. I don’t think I talked at all about rural dentistry. I would assume the email got sent to everyone that applied.

That was my thought, too. Crushing feeling when I realized it wasn't in fact an interview invite.

That was my thought, too. Crushing feeling when I realized it wasn't in fact an interview invite.
Haha I haven't received an interview there and I got it too and in the end they were like "best wishes for your success" I was like is that a subtle rejection haha.

YES I was so disappointed

Haha I haven't received an interview there and I got it too and in the end they were like "best wishes for your success" I was like is that a subtle rejection haha.

That's EXACTLY what I thought about that line!

Received an interview invite today for Oct. 29! Super excited!

Lol me too, what a tease!

Just got the interview invite via email. OOS applicant from Alabama. DAT: 23AA, 23TS.

Congrats! May I ask whether Louisville is still handing out pre-December interviews at this time?

Congrats! May I ask whether Louisville is still handing out pre-December interviews at this time?
I would assume so. I know UAB has an interview date set for Nov 28th.

I have an interview on November 19! So excited!

OOS applicant, 32 years old, changing career, 4.0 sGPA 3.97 oGPA 25AA 23PAT

Hey guys. I have an interview here coming up soon. Anybody have any advice/tips/comments on their experience at ULSD's interview day?

Thanks!

Hey guys. I have an interview here coming up soon. Anybody have any advice/tips/comments on their experience at ULSD's interview day?

Thanks!
I interviewed there a while ago and spent the summer at UofL doing their DAT program. Just be yourself. They are very sweet people and just want to get to know you as a person and to determine whether or not you would be a good fit for their school. Make sure you know your application and come up with questions to ask them. Let them know that you are interested without having to say it.

They love giving me heart attacks with their emails.

Reactions: 4 users
Idk why they’d think its a good idea for them to send useless emails to applicants that are anxiously waiting for their interview invitation. So inconsiderate.

Idk why they’d think its a good idea for them to send useless emails to applicants that are anxiously waiting for their interview invitation. So inconsiderate.
Does anyone know if they are still doing pre-December interviews?

Does anyone who has interviewed with or knows ULSD well, have any information on if or when ULSD will be incorporating digital dentistry into their curriculum?

Does anyone who has interviewed with or knows ULSD well, have any information on if or when ULSD will be incorporating digital dentistry into their curriculum?
What... they dont have digital dentistry in their curriculum?

What... they dont have digital dentistry in their curriculum?
Their website says a digital clinic for students was scheduled to open spring 2018, but during my interview (in October) it wasn’t mentioned. I’m not sure if it’s already part of the curriculum or just delayed.

I think so.

Anyone know how long after their interview they received the thank you letter? I interviewed a week ago and haven't received anything. Hoping it doesn't mean they aren't interested in me.

Anyone know how long after their interview they received the thank you letter? I interviewed a week ago and haven't received anything. Hoping it doesn't mean they aren't interested in me.

They send everyone the letter. Yours will come soon!

Hey so on the UK forum they are talking about a status changed of the AADSAS website from “invited to interview” to “check dec 3”

People are speculating that the time that you receive that status change may tell whether or not you are accepted.
So did anyone get a status change?

No status change here - but I am not sure that Louisville updates the AADSAS portal like UK

Hey friends! Anyone know how UofL will notify on Monday? Email or phone call? Thanks and good luck getting through the next 48 hours!

Hey friends! Anyone know how UofL will notify on Monday? Email or phone call? Thanks and good luck getting through the next 48 hours!
I believe it is both. They start calling at midnight but also send an email around midnight

I was told that they would call their accepted students at midnight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.