***The Official University of Louisville Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody share what's so great about UofL? I interviewed back in November and I just thought the school was mediocre at best. I'm also from OOS, so the tuition is unreasonably high for no reason (OOS tuition for 4 years??). And I've heard that their clinical exposure is apparently good, but any school can say that their clinical education is "great" without providing facts and evidence behind that claim. Idk if this school is worth the price for its location and education in general. Am I missing something here?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 1/28, put on NTBC list on 2/8, got the call yesterday with an acceptance. I’m oos

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was there a blackboard page created this year? Does it say anything about how many of the spots have been filled? i.e. 117/120

Reactions: 1 user
Was there a blackboard page created this year? Does it say anything about how many of the spots have been filled? i.e. 117/120

Did you mean Facebook page? It has well over 120 people in it because there are second/third/fourth year students as well as first years. So, hard to say how many spots have been filled.

Did you mean Facebook page? It has well over 120 people in it because there are second/third/fourth year students as well as first years. So, hard to say how many spots have been filled.
Ahhh okay okay, beats me! Just from checking the 2022 forum, people kept posting things like 116/120 & 120/120. Idk where they got that info but they kept referring to it as “blackboard”. No idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhh okay okay, beats me! Just from checking the 2022 forum, people kept posting things like 116/120 & 120/120. Idk where they got that info but they kept referring to it as “blackboard”. No idea!

Hmmm maybe there is some sort of blackboard page? Beats me ‍♀️

Submitted early August (had a confusion in my transcript which was fixed mid September). Have been emailing once a month since October. They reply to my emails but nothing new! Do you think i still have a chance?

Submitted early August (had a confusion in my transcript which was fixed mid September). Have been emailing once a month since October. They reply to my emails but nothing new! Do you think i still have a chance?

Never give up hope. People have to start making decisions in March so keep your fingers crossed!

Yeah I interviewed. I the staff and students sold it for me. Everybody seemed to actually enjoy it there and it just seemed like the staff really cares about the students.

Hi all,

I’m currently a D1 at ULSD. If anyone has any questions that they do not feel was properly answered here, feel free to message me. Thought I’d try to help you all out during this stressful process.

What do you like about ULSD? A lot of ppl on here seem to speak postively of the school, but when I visited for an interview in November, I thought the school was mediocre at best. And OOS tuition is UNREASONABLY high. 70K per year for all 4 years is insane. And that’s excluding the inflation and interest rate... I’m just honestly curious to why ppl from OOS would want to come to this school.

For starters, the facilities are great, in comparison to other schools I visited. They are currently re-vamping the curriculum to a more integrated process where we are constantly assisting on operations within our first 3 months. Taking stab lab in the Summer b/w D1 & D2 instead of most schools taking it b/w D2 & D3, which allows us to get into clinic a semester and maybe a full year before a large majority of schools.

On a basic sciences level, we are within the top 5-6 schools when it comes to NBDE I scores (Currently at 97%). The basic sciences here are no joke (Pathology, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Histology, etc) so it will definitely prepare you for any exam and pretty much any situation that may come through your doors.

Clinically speaking, ULSD is located downtown Louisville so it makes it easy for patients in the Louisville/Indiana area to conveniently make it to the clinic, meaning we don’t have to go out & find patients which was an issue at more rural schools that I visited and talked to. When you’re in your D3 & D4 years, its nice not having to stop anyone you see at the grocery store to come be your patient while you’re dealing with Pharmacology, Boards Pt 2, graduating on time, finding a job, etc. Small but helps out in the long run. Another tidbit, ULSD received a grant for our radiology and digital dentistry programs where we are the only school in the country (Dean’s words not mine) to be using 3D printers & Oral scanners in an academic setting to create guides for complex oral surgery, endodontic and periodontic procedures. Thought I’d throw that in there for anyone who felt we didn’t use and gain experience with “digital dentistry”.

For those of you who wish to do research, ULSD ranks in the top 15 (#13 I think?) for research dollars granted, which for a school in our region is a huge deal when comparing to UCLA, USC, NYU, UM, etc. (Rank Listing of NIDCR Grants to U.S. Dental Institutions, FY 2017 | National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)

Long story short, ULSD was the fourth most applied to school last year for a reason. We have the second highest rankings among graduates about preparedness, satisfaction, etc.(UofL School of Dentistry ranked No. 2 in the nation — School of Dentistry)
So far I love it, but you’ll love any school you go to really. Its all of the same information, its what you make of it.

Any other achievements and highlights can be found here: School of Dentistry — Points of Pride

Hope this helped!

Reactions: 5 users
For starters, the facilities are great, in comparison to other schools I visited. They are currently re-vamping the curriculum to a more integrated process where we are constantly assisting on operations within our first 3 months. Taking stab lab in the Summer b/w D1 & D2 instead of most schools taking it b/w D2 & D3, which allows us to get into clinic a semester and maybe a full year before a large majority of schools.

On a basic sciences level, we are within the top 5-6 schools when it comes to NBDE I scores (Currently at 97%). The basic sciences here are no joke (Pathology, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Histology, etc) so it will definitely prepare you for any exam and pretty much any situation that may come through your doors.

Clinically speaking, ULSD is located downtown Louisville so it makes it easy for patients in the Louisville/Indiana area to conveniently make it to the clinic, meaning we don’t have to go out & find patients which was an issue at more rural schools that I visited and talked to. When you’re in your D3 & D4 years, its nice not having to stop anyone you see at the grocery store to come be your patient while you’re dealing with Pharmacology, Boards Pt 2, graduating on time, finding a job, etc. Small but helps out in the long run. Another tidbit, ULSD received a grant for our radiology and digital dentistry programs where we are the only school in the country (Dean’s words not mine) to be using 3D printers & Oral scanners in an academic setting to create guides for complex oral surgery, endodontic and periodontic procedures. Thought I’d throw that in there for anyone who felt we didn’t use and gain experience with “digital dentistry”.

For those of you who wish to do research, ULSD ranks in the top 15 (#13 I think?) for research dollars granted, which for a school in our region is a huge deal when comparing to UCLA, USC, NYU, UM, etc. (Rank Listing of NIDCR Grants to U.S. Dental Institutions, FY 2017 | National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)

Long story short, ULSD was the fourth most applied to school last year for a reason. We have the second highest rankings among graduates about preparedness, satisfaction, etc.(UofL School of Dentistry ranked No. 2 in the nation — School of Dentistry)
So far I love it, but you’ll love any school you go to really. Its all of the same information, its what you make of it.

Any other achievements and highlights can be found here: School of Dentistry — Points of Pride

Hope this helped!
Sounds like this was written by the Babbage herself!

Just declined my offer, hope it goes to someone who really wants to go here! Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Just gave up my seat, I'm OOS. Good Luck!

Does anyone know if you have to maintain the same GPA you applied with if you were accepted? Let’s say I applied with a 3.8 and got accepted in December. Does that mean I have to keep a 3.8 overall GPA by this May when I graduate? Or do I just have to make C’s or above in all my classes?

Does anyone know if you have to maintain the same GPA you applied with if you were accepted? Let’s say I applied with a 3.8 and got accepted in December. Does that mean I have to keep a 3.8 overall GPA by this May when I graduate? Or do I just have to make C’s or above in all my classes?
I'm sure we just have to maintain a C or above in all of our classes, at least that's what the follow-up email said after acceptance. Senioritis is hitting me hard right now and my motivation is at an all time low lol

I'm sure we just have to maintain a C or above in all of our classes, at least that's what the follow-up email said after acceptance. Senioritis is hitting me hard right now and my motivation is at an all time low lol

Feeling this so hard hahah.

Same!! That’s why I was stressing a little because my gpa is definitely going to drop a little lol

Just gave up my seat! Hope one of you get it, UL is an awesome program. Good luck!

Got a call yesterday!! Super excited to go to school here! I’m OOS

Think it’s all done?
last time I called they said this is an active process until classes begin.
Hopefully we get good news by end of this month!

is the a page for the 2023 class? also can you please give me the link

is the a page for the 2023 class? also can you please give me the link

Yes it’s for the 2023 class. I’m no longer part of the page because I accepted an offer from another school. If you’ve been accepted, they should have included the link to the page in an email. Or, you should be able to search it on Facebook.

Accepted today from the OOS NTBC list!! Woot woot!!!!

Congrats, when did you interview? Were you OOS as well?

Last edited:
Accepted today off of the OOS NTBC list!!! Excited to be in Louisville!

Saw someone ask earlier what is the roster count on blackboard... I just check today 4/25/2019 and its at 117/120. Not sure how accurate it is, but just thought I'd put it out there.

Do you guys know if attendance is mandatory for non-lab courses?

Status
Not open for further replies.