****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview #7
AADSAS Submit date 6/5
App complete email 6/28
GPA (s/o) : 3.70/3.70
DAT (AA, TS, BIO, GC, OC, RC, QR, PAT): 25, 23, 22, 28, 22, 22, 30, 23

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #7
AADSAS Submit date 6/5
App complete email 6/28
GPA (s/o) : 3.70/3.70
DAT (AA, TS, BIO, GC, OC, RC, QR, PAT): 25, 23, 22, 28, 22, 22, 30, 23
Are you also out of state

Reactions: 1 users
I’m instate and received invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
The people that received interviews, did your status ever change from "received/application complete" to something else?

Interview invite this morning. OOS. App completed the 27th of june, submitted the 5th (I think this was the first day of the cycle right?). 3.9 GPA, 24 DAT.

Interview: #4
School: University of Michigan
Notification date: 9/3/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Georgia
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/7/18
AADSAS verified: 6/13/18
Application complete date: 6/29/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/19/23/25/23NONE
Dates available OR your interview date:September 28

So I recently was doing a check through AADSAS because I have been very anxious haha. But I realized that Michigan required sociology as a prereq but I put down psychology in that portion (Idk what I was thinking). I still received an application complete and the email about if they needed any additional information. I'm just worried it might put my app on hold or passed on so i don't really know what to do. I also have not taken sociology but I definitely have the time to take it if need be. I don't wanna bug them if it's not a big deal.

So I recently was doing a check through AADSAS because I have been very anxious haha. But I realized that Michigan required sociology as a prereq but I put down psychology in that portion (Idk what I was thinking). I still received an application complete and the email about if they needed any additional information. I'm just worried it might put my app on hold or passed on so i don't really know what to do. I also have not taken sociology but I definitely have the time to take it if need be. I don't wanna bug them if it's not a big deal.
It’s probably ok...when you get an interview invite they send another transcript entry to fill in, so that gives you the opportunity to update and reminded you what you might need!
Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My gf received an interview invite earlier today. Thought I should let you guys know since I'm not seeing anyone post anything about receiving one yet!

Congrats on the interview! I was just wondering how long after she received an interview following the "your application is complete and under review" email?

It’s probably ok...when you get an interview invite they send another transcript entry to fill in, so that gives you the opportunity to update and reminded you what you might need!
Good luck!
I hope I get an interview invite their school looks amazing :xf:. But thank you! I just didn't want to bug them for small reasons.

for those who got interviews, was your status not under review? mine still says complete.

Hi everyone, I applied here this cycle! Does anyone know how many dates of interviews there are pre-Dec.? Someone said there are 10 dates total in this cycle, so it's safe to assume there are 30 interviewees per date? Any current student who can shine on admission would be greatly appreciated!

Yup 10 dates total - 8 predecember and 2 post december. There are ~30 people per date I believe

Last year's interview invite dates

8/18, 8/29, 9/9, 9/14, 9/26, 9/27, 9/30, 10/1, 10/2, 10/22, 11/5, 11/15

nobody panic. it's all gonna work out.

I got in, as follows:
invite 11/1
interview 11/15
accepted 12/1 w/ scholarship
dat 20
gpa 3.7
oos & no special cirunstances (middle class, white male)

nothing extraordinary, it can be done!

Reactions: 8 users

I got in, as follows:
invite 11/1
interview 11/15
dat 20
gpa 3.7

When did you submit your app?

I got in, as follows:
invite 11/1
interview 11/15
dat 20
gpa 3.7

How much scholarship did you receive and is it merit-based?

Anyone interviewing on October 5th wanna split hotel costs?

Just received an invitation to interview on 10/5!

Here are some important dates for those of you who are interested:
I sent in my application 6/8.
My application was received 6/22.
My application was processed and reviewed 6/28.

For those of you interviewing 9/14 and 9/28, please let us SDNers know how it goes!

Just received an invitation to interview on 10/5!

Here are some important dates for those of you who are interested:
I sent in my application 6/8.
My application was received 6/22.
My application was processed and reviewed 6/28.

For those of you interviewing 9/14 and 9/28, please let us SDNers know how it goes!

I will see you there!

Got an interview invite today! I will be there’s October 5th.
Residency: Canadian
DAT: 23AA / 22 TS
oGPA/sGPA: 3.94 / 3.96
Application was received on 6/22 and complete on 6/28 :)

I recently got invited to Michigan and I really would appreciate any input regarding Michigan MMI!

I got in, as follows:
invite 11/1
interview 11/15
dat 20
gpa 3.7

This might sound like a silly question but did you apply for the scholarship from the school? if so what is it called?

Got an interview invite today! I will be there’s October 5th.
Residency: Canadian
DAT: 23AA / 22 TS
oGPA/sGPA: 3.94 / 3.96
Application was received on 6/22 and complete on 6/28 :)

Congrats and see you there!

Anybody have any advice or ways to prepare for MMI? Or do you kinda just have to freeball it?

Anybody have any advice or ways to prepare for MMI? Or do you kinda just have to freeball it?
The most common advice I heard was read the scenario completely, and if you don't think you did too hot at one station, don't let it affect how you do at another station. Basically one advantage of MMI is that if you fail to impress the interviewer at one station, you still have a chance to redeem yourself at other stations, unlike a traditional interview where if you fail to impress your interviewers, that's it.

I did MMI at University of Washington and totally preferred it. Not much you can do to prep (which means not much to stress over). Just be yourself, be passionate and charismatic in the way you talk, and try and relate things back to experiences that you've had that caused you to form your own perspective. And bring up patient care whenever possible (remember the human)

Hi everyone. I am a re-applicant this cycle and I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to improve my application. If anyone was a re-applicant and got accepted then their advice would really mean a lot. Thanks.

Hi everyone. I am a re-applicant this cycle and I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to improve my application. If anyone was a re-applicant and got accepted then their advice would really mean a lot. Thanks.
If you have not yet submitted your AADSAS application (which I infer from you asking how you can improve your application this cycle), then you are already very late in the game. The ideal time to submit is within the first two weeks of the submission period, and if you want the best chances at getting an interview invite, you should have a complete application (coursework verified by AADSAS, official DAT scores received by schools) no later than July 31. Most schools have already given out a good amount of their interview slots for the cycle, and they still have many applications submitted within the last month or two to review. Most schools warn that if you do not have a complete application before September 1, your chances of getting an interview invite are quite low. If you really have not submitted at this point, I would rather not waste the money applying this cycle. Start working on having a good application now, and be ready to hit the submit button in early June next cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
On aadsas does anyone still have just an "App complete" I got the complete email in like mid July

Anybody know how MMI is graded? Some of the stations I had an awesome time at, and had great conversation and laughs. Others I couldn't get a word to come out of mouth without sounding like a complete idiot. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and making it seem like it was awful lol. Anybody know how bad you have to mess up to not be accepted as an OOS? I know its about a 60% chance at this point post-interview.

Anybody know how MMI is graded? Some of the stations I had an awesome time at, and had great conversation and laughs. Others I couldn't get a word to come out of mouth without sounding like a complete idiot. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much and making it seem like it was awful lol. Anybody know how bad you have to mess up to not be accepted as an OOS? I know its about a 60% chance at this point post-interview.

There are about 5 different criteria that interviewers rate on a scale of 1 to 5. So the highest an interviewee can earn from one interviewer is 25, and the lowest is 5. There are 10 MMI stations, and all the interviewers use the same grading system on their Ipads. (So potentially one could earn 250 points max). Also, the interviewers are able to comment on each interviewee at the end of the grading system.

Last edited:
has anyone else not heard anything? i submitted in early august

Status
Not open for further replies.