****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone else not heard anything? i submitted in early august

I haven’t and I submitted in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello friends!

Current first year student at the school! Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck this cycle and if you have any questions about the school, life as a dental student, etc. Feel free to shoot me a message!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello friends!

Current first year student at the school! Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck this cycle and if you have any questions about the school, life as a dental student, etc. Feel free to shoot me a message!
From your experience, is it too early to be getting worried about not receiving an interview? I submitted mid July....

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interview day had soo many gunner lolol. Seemed like I had the lowest stats

Reactions: 1 user
My interview day had soo many gunner lolol. Seemed like I had the lowest stats
How did you know? Were you guys sharing stats during the interview? Also, admissions is just super arbitrary at every school. Like nobody knows how the decisions are made.

How did you know? Were you guys sharing stats during the interview? Also, admissions is just super arbitrary at every school. Like nobody knows how the decisions are made.

A bunch told me their stats lol

If you are telling me your stats at interview day without me asking, you are a gunner

This is so weird — in all of my interviews I haven’t heard one person tell me their stats. Not sure if that constituted a gunner, but more so someone who needs affirmation or a feeling of superiority. Not sure which of those personalities are worse

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Already!? Stats??

My stats are not good, so I understand why I received the rejection

GPA: undergrad o/s 3.35/3.2, grad 4.0
DAT: AA:23 TS: 25 PAT: 21

My stats are not good, so I understand why I received the rejection

GPA: undergrad o/s 3.35/3.2, grad 4.0
DAT: AA:23 TS: 25 PAT: 21
While albeit not the best stats, it still surprises me they sent one this early. Tbh, those stats are awesome for someone who went back to grad school and came out with 4.0, their mistake not yours don't sweat it!

While albeit not the best stats, it still surprises me they sent one this early. Tbh, those stats are awesome for someone who went back to grad school and came out with 4.0, their mistake not yours don't sweat it!

Thanks for your kind words! :)

Does anyone know whether Umich waits to see new DAT scores? I just got rejected and its obvious its because of my DAT score but I would figure they'd wait ... They have a decent amount of post December interviews so I didn't think they'd reject me until at least my new score was in. I'm retaking at the end of the month and its on my application. I have a 3.54 GPA and lots of experience, volunteering and research. Good personal statement and letters. So I'm just confused. Anyone have any intellect on this?

@Ruguox3 @futureDDS_19 When did you guys submit your application if you dont mind me asking? It is weird to see them sending out rejections already... but don’t lose hope! It’s only one of many schools.

Does anyone know whether Umich waits to see new DAT scores? I just got rejected and its obvious its because of my DAT score but I would figure they'd wait ... They have a decent amount of post December interviews so I didn't think they'd reject me until at least my new score was in. I'm retaking at the end of the month and its on my application. I have a 3.54 GPA and lots of experience, volunteering and research. Good personal statement and letters. So I'm just confused. Anyone have any intellect on this?
I think that the issue could be that your new scores would be coming in past their application deadline. I know on their website it suggests not taking the DAT after august 30th so that the scores can come in before the mid-october deadline

I think that the issue could be that your new scores would be coming in past their application deadline. I know on their website it suggests not taking the DAT after august 30th so that the scores can come in before the mid-october deadline
I took my retake August 30th, and didn't event find out about this deadline until a few days after. Talk about a close call. Anyways, anyone else just frantically refresh their email after seeing these posts? Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

When did you submit your app?

They're a slaughterhouse today lol, is this school doing only pre-December interviews? I'm for sure cancelling if I get one post-December.

Also submitted 7/19, haven't been rejected yet, stats in signature. Good luck!
Application was complete Aug 10.

Applied June 16. Invited for interview September 12 Interviewed 10-5
GPA o/s 3.9 4.0
AA 21 TS 21 PA 20
in state

Last edited:
Invited for interview 10/10
Interviewing 11/2
3:56 science 3.65 overall
DAT: AA 20, TS: 19, PAT: 19
Residency: MI

Have all the people getting rejected already interviewed? Or is this pre-interview rejection?

For those of you who interviewed already, did you guys stay at a hotel or airbnb? any cheap options?

Michigan does 8 interviews pre-dec, and 2 post-dec. They try to aim for the class to be full around the first of feb.

For those of you who interviewed already, did you guys stay at a hotel or airbnb? any cheap options?
You can't really find any cheap options around football Saturdays. The closer you are to downtown or campus, the more expensive it is. However, if you choose not to stay close, you will need to factor in the cost of Uber or Lyft.

How many interviews have been sent out? I didn’t receive a rejection.. so I’m guessing I’m still being considered..?

Reactions: 3 users
How many interviews have been sent out? I didn’t receive a rejection.. so I’m guessing I’m still being considered..?
They interview 30 people per interview date. And so far either 4 or 5 interviews have already taken place (not sure if they did any interviews yesterday, every few weeks they pause interviews for admissions committee meetings).

They interview 30 people per interview date. Correct. And so far either 4 or 5 interviews have already taken place Correct. (not sure if they did any interviews yesterday, every few weeks they pause interviews for admissions committee meetings Wrong).

09/14/2018 is the first MMI date!
good luck

Followed by 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/19, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 1/18, and 1/25

Today is 10/13. So there are still 6 more interview dates upcoming.

Last edited:
Today is 10/13. So there are still 6 more interview dates upcoming.
What I meant by my last statement was that since they didn't hold interviews yesterday, yesterday was basically dedicated to allowing the admissions committee to meet. That's basically what the off weeks are meant for.

Good luck to all those applying and waiting for interviews! Time sure does fly. I still remember my interview day!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone interviewing on 10/19 and interested in splitting an Airbnb? (2 twin beds)

Hey guys, just looking for some advice. I submitted my application on June 19th and received the email that my app was processed on July 5th by U of M, and AADSAS said my app was complete on July 12th. Has anyone who applied the same time around me heard back yet? Umich is one of my top choices, and I heard they've already had 4 interviews dates. I can list stats and all if needed.

Hey guys, just looking for some advice. I submitted my application on June 19th and received the email that my app was processed on July 5th by U of M, and AADSAS said my app was complete on July 12th. Has anyone who applied the same time around me heard back yet? Umich is one of my top choices, and I heard they've already had 4 interviews dates. I can list stats and all if needed.
I had the same dates, and already had my interview. Are you IS or OOS?

Hi guys!
Michigan is my top choice; however, I have not heard back from them yet. I took the DAT on July 13th and I was notified that my application was complete from Michigan on August 1.
My overall and science GPA are both a 3.84 and my DAT is a 22. I am also out of state.
Any advice is helpful on what you all think!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.