***The Official University of Oklahoma COD Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from what Heidi said they made their decisions on the 17th...time to wait and see!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck friends!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How is everyone passing the time today?? And does anyone know about what time emails will go out tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is everyone passing the time today?? And does anyone know about what time emails will go out tomorrow?

I’ve heard 7:45 CST if accepted and after 10 CST if rejected...

Reactions: 1 user
More than likely in the Am

I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

55 people out of 180.

Good luck everyone. I'm a DS1 at OU so I know what you're going through. Acceptance e-mails start about 7:30-7:45 and can take an hour or two for all to be sent. They will let you know tomorrow if you made the wait list. Those and the rejections usually go out after 10:00. AADSAS won't change for a while. I think it was sometime in January last year. I hope to see a few of you fall next year!

Reactions: 3 users
Any other OOS have OU as their #1 school?!

More than likely in the Am

I am preparing for the worst but hoping for the best.

55 people out of 180.

So they have officially announced the class size for this year? Or were you using 55 as an approximation?

There's actually 54 students they accept. Last year I think it was 40 instate, 13 out of state and 1 international. That may not be exactly right but it's pretty close.

Members don't see this ad :)
The suspense is KILLING me!! Wish my email would come through!

Just received my acceptance! In state, 23 AA, 3.7 oGPA. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ELSE!!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted, OOS at 9:15am EST via email.

Did you get a waitlist email? I haven’t gotten anything...

Still haven’t heard anything. Anyone else get accepted here recently?

Still waiting as well, stay hopeful y’all

Accepted @ 9:03!

I got in!!! Got the email at 8:38am. My friend is still waiting to hear back too. Staying hopeful!

Got accepted at 9:17 OOS!! I am in shock... thought my interview didn't go well...
Congrats to everyone else!!

Last edited:
Waitlisted. Super bummed. Anyone know how many wait lists usually get in? If any.

waitlisted(IS)

3.6 oGPA(3.9 upward trend last 2 yrs)

also when is it acceptable to call/email the program director to see what my app's weak links are?

Last edited:
Also waitlisted. 20 AA/TS. Dang I loved OU, I hope things can still work out.

Last edited:
also if you're on the oos waitlist, there is still a good chance that you will still hear back

waitlisted(IS)

3.6 oGPA(3.9 upward trend last 2 yrs)

also when is it acceptable to call/email the program director to see what my app's weak links are?
It's best to wait till after the holidays. They're pretty busy until then.

I know they interviewed more OOS this year compared to the past. When people apply OOS they typically have applied at several places and will receive acceptance at their state school or a different OOS school. So don't despair if you're OOS waitlisted. You still stand a decent chance.

It's best to wait till after the holidays. They're pretty busy until then.

I know they interviewed more OOS this year compared to the past. When people apply OOS they typically have applied at several places and will receive acceptance at their state school or a different OOS school. So don't despair if you're OOS waitlisted. You still stand a decent chance.

I am in state

Did anyone get a rejection? I wonder if everyone who didn't get accepted today just got wait listed...

what are your stats if you don't mind me asking?
Just saw this! My stats are super average, but I'm a "non-traditonal" applicant...aka I'm old haha, with tons of volunteer hours (dental related/not dental related/mission trips), shadowing, and plenty leadership experience (military).. which is what they seemed to like most about me. I think my stats are what held me back honestly, but everything else got me this far!

Just saw this! My stats are super average, but I'm a "non-traditonal" applicant...aka I'm old haha, with tons of volunteer hours (dental related/not dental related/mission trips), shadowing, and plenty leadership experience (military).. which is what they seemed to like most about me. I think my stats are what held me back honestly, but everything else got me this far!

it seems like in-state was exceptionally competitive this year.

Any OOS accepted choosing a different school?

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the oos list?

I think every OOS that interviewed that wasn’t accepted so like 50? Lol

Jokes aside, 160 were interviewed this year. 40 seats for in-state, 14 out-of state which is roughly a 7:3 ratio. So I would guess maybe 110 IS, and 50 OOS interviews. 14 OOS were accepted, but maybe half declined to commit right away. So it's possible the next 15-25 on the waitlist (OOS) get a chance to accept a seat.

Jokes aside, 160 were interviewed this year. 40 seats for in-state, 14 out-of state which is roughly a 7:3 ratio. So I would guess maybe 110 IS, and 50 OOS interviews. 14 OOS were accepted, but maybe half declined to commit right away. So it's possible the next 15-25 on the waitlist (OOS) get a chance to accept a seat.
Heidi said they only extended 10 OOS offers this year on Dec 3rd so chances might be a little lower

Heidi said they only extended 10 OOS offers this year on Dec 3rd so chances might be a little lower
I’m pretty sure 4/14 OOS were international seats. I’m wondering how many in-state offers were accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.