***The Official UPenn Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

AngleClass3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone heard anything back yet!?

Last year's thread: ***The Official UPenn Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback & last year's thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Received app complete email mid-June! I am excited about this school! I was hoping to better understand the grading system though - Penn is not P/F right? They just don’t rank anyone beyond #11? And can a current student provide the match rates for very competitive specialities like ortho or OMFS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Current 4th year. PM any questions.

Does everyone who applied get a thank you letter from Penn with the info packet? Just got it in the mail and am wondering if this is a good sign? Thanks.

Does everyone who applied get a thank you letter from Penn with the info packet? Just got it in the mail and am wondering if this is a good sign? Thanks.
Pretty sure everyone gets that?

Yes! I am pretty sure everyone gets it. I even got it with low stats

Yea, I got that too. When do they normally send out interview requests? Can anyone give input on how the interview goes....?

Yea, I got that too. When do they normally send out interview requests? Can anyone give input on how the interview goes....?
I guess the 1st round of interview invitation will be sending out very soon, because Penn Dental Medicine starts their interview at the early of September.

They sent the 1st batch of interview invitations on August 16th in the last cycle, I guess they would probably send out the invitation next week sometimes.

Is anyone's application status "under review"? Mine is stuck at "application complete"

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone's application status "under review"? Mine is stuck at "application complete"
Mine is "under review". I believe it has been for awhile now. Got my app complete email on July 2nd, for reference.

Reactions: 4 users
Mine is "under review". I believe it has been for awhile now. Got my app complete email on July 2nd, for reference.

Ah okay, my complete email came on July 25th

Mine is at application complete as well and I had submitted my supplemental on July 6th.

I sent in my application June 12 and got the application complete email on June 19th. My status on AADSAS is still Received/Under Review. My GPA is 3.95 (cumulative) and my aa on the DAT is 26

Reactions: 2 users
I sent in my application June 12 and got the application complete email on June 19th. My status on AADSAS is still Received/Under Review. My GPA is 3.95 (cumulative) and my aa on the DAT is 26
Thanks for the info! Great job, you have a good chance to get in there.

Just got one 15 minutes ago!!

School: UPenn
Notification date: 08/16/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 06/28/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/28/none
Interview date: TBA (have to call to schedule)

Just got one 15 minutes ago!!

Method of notification: Email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 06/28/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/28/none

Congratulations! :xf: for me soon.

Interview #4!
Residency: TX
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
GPA: 3.93 (science, 3.87 (overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Readinf): 25/26/21/23

Hi all, just wondering if any international applicant got an interview from Penn so far?

Let's cross fingers for that lol. I have one from UCSF so far.
Yes, let’s just be patient, I believe they would invite international applicants later. Just cross fingers. Good luck to all of us!

There are two 1-on-1 interviews, one open and one closed. Then you have a short interview with director of admissions Ms. Cacas. It was a really relaxed experience - know your app well and show genuine interest in our school with questions you may have!
Thank you so much for this information! I am really looking forward to it!!

hey everyone- when did you get your complete confirmation? my AADSAS was complete on july 30 but still have yet to receive an email from penn saying my app is complete :(

hey everyone- when did you get your complete confirmation? my AADSAS was complete on july 30 but still have yet to receive an email from penn saying my app is complete :(

I completed mine in the middle of July. I didn't receive an email saying mine was complete either. Is this normal?

The staff at Upenn is really friendly and helpful - if you have not received a 'complete' email yet, you could reach out to them for help. However, I think they are just really busy processing applications right now (they get thousands), so I wouldn't be too worried about not receiving the 'complete' email yet..... Especially since it seems like more than one person with a completed application in July hasn't heard back with email confirmation

I completed my application in like mid-June and received the app complete email shortly after, but this was much earlier in the cycle when they didn't have probably nearly as many apps as they do now. I wouldn't worry yet! Give it a few more weeks

if we still haven't received our APP COMPLETE email, should we call/email or should we still wait? its been around a month for me and i'm getting worried :(

What is your current status on AADSAS?
it said "waiting additional info" even tho AADSAS said my app was complete. upenn has sent emails of incomplete applications before so i assume theyd send a complete email as well

it said "waiting additional info" even tho AADSAS said my app was complete. upenn has sent emails of incomplete applications before so i assume theyd send a complete email as well
If your app is complete with everything they need then i dont think there is reason to worry. However, just to be safe, maybe try emailing admissions just to be 100% sure they received everything they need from you

If your app is complete with everything they need then i dont think there is reason to worry. However, just to be safe, maybe try emailing admissions just to be 100% sure they received everything they need from you
thank you so much!

Has anyone else received any interview invites? I just want to gauge my chances at a pre-December invite at this point.

Reactions: 2 users