You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official UPenn Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by AngleClass3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
was wondering this also
Retweet
have you hear back from them since then??My application status just switched to ”Under Review”, submitted in late August. Fingers Crossed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was wondering this also
I got accepted after having a December interview, and I reached out to them a month ago to ask about scholarships. They told me that at that time, all scholarship money had been given out already, so unless someone turns down their offer, they don’t have any left to distribute for post-December acceptances.
Toothdoc__94!
Full Member
Rejected via letter in the mail this last Mondayhave you hear back from them since then??
Oh ok.. I am so sorry.Rejected via letter in the mail this last Monday
How long did they take to get back to you?Accepted today!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Accepted today!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
When was your interview date?
I interviewed about 2 weeks before acceptance
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
So sad 🙁I got accepted after having a December interview, and I reached out to them a month ago to ask about scholarships. They told me that at that time, all scholarship money had been given out already, so unless someone turns down their offer, they don’t have any left to distribute for post-December acceptances.
Does anyone know when is the last date they are going to send out emails for interview invitations ?
Accepted today! Interviewed 1/30!
they mail out their rejection.... lol
Have people that were interviewing in Jan/Feb received any rejections from Upenn? @david609666201
did you receive an interviewthey mail out their rejection.... lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when is the last date they are going to send out emails for interview invitations ?
I just got an invitation today. The only date available to interview was the 28th
D
deleted904921
oh congrats!! can i ask what time u received the invitiation?I just got an invitation today. The only date available to interview was the 28th
Can I ask when did you send your application ?I just got an invitation today. The only date available to interview was the 28th
Mid-October! I noticed that my app switched to Under Review over the weekend.Can I ask when did you send your application ?
I got an email at 3:30 ESToh congrats!! can i ask what time u received the invitiation?
Oh i never receive an interview.did you receive an interview
Can I ask what was your stats?I just got an invitation today. The only date available to interview was the 28th
I sent you a PM
Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile
My interview is coming up, and I'm curious if anyone who has interviewed this cycle would mind messaging me to chat about their experience?
Sent from my Pixel 3 using SDN mobile
D
deleted1008715
Accepted via phone call this morning and luckily received a hefty Dean's scholarship!Interview #4
School: UPenn
Notification date: 01/17/2020
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/02/19
Application complete date: 12/03/19 (Supplemental submitted)
GPA (science, overall): 3.95, 3.84
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/20/26/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 02/07, 02/13, 02/14
kdesai99
Full Member
Accepted via phone call this morning and luckily received a hefty Dean's scholarship!![]()
If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much is the Dean's scholarship total in 4 years? Also, does anyone know how many spots they have left? Interviewed on 2/14 and it is my top choice school.
D
deleted904921
are interviews done now?
any acceptance this week?
Haven’t heard. Anyone got updates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Withdrew from UPENN today, good luck to those on the wait list!
do you know when the deadline to withdraw your acceptance is before it goes to the waitlisted students?
It depends on the student. Penn like others are in their second phase of receiving deposits at the moment so it is around this time that people on the waitlist should be getting a notice. I was asked to pay my first deposit one month after they called me and I imagine it depends on when the school accepts you that they ask for your second deposit.
It depends on the student. Penn like others are in their second phase of receiving deposits at the moment so it is around this time that people on the waitlist should be getting a notice. I was asked to pay my first deposit one month after they called me and I imagine it depends on when the school accepts you that they ask for your second deposit.
when is the deadline to pay the second deposit?
The deadline was Wednesday April 1st (I got in Dec 2 though), but they did say they were being more flexible due to the current situationwhen is the deadline to pay the second deposit?
So I’m guessing it’s going to push back the notification of people on the waitlist right?The deadline was Wednesday April 1st (I got in Dec 2 though), but they did say they were being more flexible due to the current situation
that is definitely possible :/ they didnt give a hard date for a new deadline just said they would be "flexible"So I’m guessing it’s going to push back the notification of people on the waitlist right?
do you know when the deadline to withdraw your acceptance is before it goes to the waitlisted students?
The new deadline is April 10. But they might/will prob be behind in sending new acceptances
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
current student at penn. let me know if you have any q's.
current student at penn. let me know if you have any q's.
Kind of random questions but do you know what color scrubs the incoming D1s will be wearing? Also any particular computer requirements or are we given any tech? Thinking of buying an iPad Pro for classes.
Yeah you guys will be smurf blue (i don’t know the exact name of the blue) i’m 99% sure unless they change it. You’re given an iPad so I wouldn’t buy one. I would definitely invest in an apple pencil. I use mine everyday to take notes.Kind of random questions but do you know what color scrubs the incoming D1s will be wearing? Also any particular computer requirements or are we given any tech? Thinking of buying an iPad Pro for classes.
Another thing you’re going to want to look into is notability vs one note for your note taking. I prefer notability because you can control F anything on the powerpoints and it’s just not as janky as one note i feel like. Even your handwriting on the slides is control F’able. However, notability only works on apple products so if you’re thinking about a new lap top and want to use notability, apple is the way to go.
congrats! by any chance can you share your interview date and stats?was accepted today !!
interviewed on 1/17congrats! by any chance can you share your interview date and stats?
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/21/none
not an URM
shows you do not need 24 and a 4.0 to get into Penn 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phone call came this morning! Accepted and feeling so grateful. If you’re on the waitlist and hoping for an acceptance, know that there is still a chance! 🙂
D
deleted913442
Anyone whos a student at Penn this year and needs a student dentist and would like to chat about Penn life/get a whitening tray or nightguard or cleaning, shoot me a message! Current D3. Don't go to @Life of Pablo ... trust me 😛
Anyone who is a student at Penn this year and wants FREE cleaningS and FREE whitening trays, shoot me a PM! I'll hook you up better than @Life of Pablo and @TeethAndTitanium ever could!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K