***The Official UPenn Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am asking because I have the same situation. It says that “received/application complete” and it has been forever like that. I am wondering if they update the status on AADSAS at all. ‍🤔

Do not be overly concerned...I recalled the status not changing until after they offered me a spot. It’s just how they process the applications/interviews/offers...Penn does not change the status for each phase. Good luck!
 
Do not be overly concerned...I recalled the status not changing until after they offered me a spot. It’s just how they process the applications/interviews/offers...Penn does not change the status for each phase. Good luck!
Thanks for the info! Can I ask when you received the interview invitation from Penn last cycle?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do not be overly concerned...I recalled the status not changing until after they offered me a spot. It’s just how they process the applications/interviews/offers...Penn does not change the status for each phase. Good luck!
Thank you so much. It gives me hope.
 
Got an interview invitation yesterday!

Application sent July 21, completed application email received Aug 10. 3.7 GPA and 21 AA.

I'll be calling today to schedule an interview and need some advice! Would it be detrimental if I interview later in November(28th) where it'll be Thanksgiving break, or interview NOV 8th that's closer and once again miss more of my undergrad classes because of interviews?
 
Got an interview invitation yesterday!

Application sent July 21, completed application email received Aug 10. 3.7 GPA and 21 AA.

I'll be calling today to schedule an interview and need some advice! Would it be detrimental if I interview later in November(28th) where it'll be Thanksgiving break, or interview NOV 8th that's closer and once again miss more of my undergrad classes because of interviews?
Congrats! I don't think it really matters, you should still be notified if you get accepted on December 2nd 🙂
 
Got an interview invitation yesterday!

Application sent July 21, completed application email received Aug 10. 3.7 GPA and 21 AA.

I'll be calling today to schedule an interview and need some advice! Would it be detrimental if I interview later in November(28th) where it'll be Thanksgiving break, or interview NOV 8th that's closer and once again miss more of my undergrad classes because of interviews?
Congrats on the interview! I think it should be fine either way! But I am not sure if interviews will be held the week of the 28th (isn't that Thanksgiving day?) - I could be wrong though. I think most schools don't interview the last 2 weeks of November, but this is all just speculation from my end. If you have the choice, then I think choosing the 28th should be ok!
 
Congrats on the interview! I think it should be fine either way! But I am not sure if interviews will be held the week of the 28th (isn't that Thanksgiving day?) - I could be wrong though. I think most schools don't interview the last 2 weeks of November, but this is all just speculation from my end. If you have the choice, then I think choosing the 28th should be ok!
Update- the only interview dates available are on the 14 and 21/22 for November
 
Would you happen to know the chance of acceptance after interviewing

Unfortunately, you can’t get a real answer to your question...dental schools do not release this information. However, logic would tell me that, depending on the particular school, they would interview anywhere between 100% - 200% more applicants than the class size. For example, a class size of 100 would interview between 200 - 300 applicants...I would lean toward the 300 number. So, I’m guessing anywhere between 25% to 50% chance. I was able to logic this out by looking at how many applicants are offered a spot vs applicants taking the offer vs class size.
 
my aadsas still says "received/application complete"

does that mean it's still not under review? :\
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your application has been under review for a long time, and you haven't gotten an interview, is that a bad sign?
Also, does UPENN have select days where they send out interview invites?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If my status just recently changed from application completed to under review, could that be a good sign? I submitted end of July.
 
Rejection #1 Today. UPenn, recieved via mail. Wasn't a top choice at all, but find it odd when they take the time to send a letter in the mail, email would've been easier.
sorry to hear that 🙁 you've got lots of other interviews under your belt though, i'm sure you're gonna get in 🙂) by chance did ur status on aadsas change at all?
 
June 28th. Im sure it means nothing, did you submit your secondary/meet minimum gpa cutoff?
Yes, I submitted everything pretty late though,~ Sept 8-10. They might haven’t had a chance to even look at it. Lol. My gpa should be good for them, 3.8. I probably have to patient.
 
Yes, I submitted everything pretty late though,~ Sept 8-10. They might haven’t had a chance to even look at it. Lol. My gpa should be good for them, 3.8. I probably have to patient.

I would wait it out! If your status hasn't changed I don't think they've started looking at your app yet
 
This may be jumping the gun a bit, but for those of us who were lucky enough to interview and are even luckier to be offered a spot, does anyone know how often they give out the higher value Dean's Scholarships ($40k)? Because that $500k price tag is the only reason I would have to choose another school instead of Penn.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the likely hood of acceptance is if you got an interview post december 2nd? Is it very slim?