You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official USC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****
Started by tinman831
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got an email from Certiphi, too. I followed the steps and released my results to USC this morning. I paid like $70 for the background check.
Interviewed in October, accepted 1/13!
Anyone get an email from Certiphi? It looks spammy, but the USC email says we have 5 days to handle it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email from Certiphi, too. I followed the steps and released my results to USC this morning. I paid like $70 for the background check.
Ah, thanks for confirming. I was weary
weird mine was $150. Was this legitimate??
If anyone could confirm this I'd appreciate it. I've been reading about some 'strange' billing practices on certiphi.
If anyone could confirm this I'd appreciate it. I've been reading about some 'strange' billing practices on certiphi.
Mine was $150. by the way I was accepted on 12/01 and I completely neglected it cause I thought USC doesn't use the system. I hope they still take it.
EVERYONE WHO IS ACCEPTED FOR THE CLASS of 2016 SHOULD JOIN OUR FB GROUP : " USC School of Dentistry DDS Class of 2016 " !
SEE YOU GUYS THERE !!!! 🙂
SEE YOU GUYS THERE !!!! 🙂
I already did Certiphi for another school and haven't received an email to do it again. Does anyone know if it is a one-time thing?Mine was $150. by the way I was accepted on 12/01 and I completely neglected it cause I thought USC doesn't use the system. I hope they still take it.
Does any know why they decided to accept people on 1/13 for the second round when they usually do the second round in mid february? I am worried if the class is really 50% filled..did anyone else here this too that its 50% filled already?
I already did Certiphi for another school and haven't received an email to do it again. Does anyone know if it is a one-time thing?
yes you do it once for all the schools that participate in the service. But you might have to agree to release the information to the schools which you can choose to do automatically or manually.
They wound up only charging me 67$. can't complain too much i supposeMine was $150. by the way I was accepted on 12/01 and I completely neglected it cause I thought USC doesn't use the system. I hope they still take it.
They wound up only charging me 67$. can't complain too much i suppose
I was charged $109. I guess each case is different depending on the amount of work they put in the investigation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you who were accepted, what were your stats like?
Those of you who were accepted, what were your stats like?
you can go to presents to see some accepted people's profiles.
Last edited:
That's good news. For those in my shoes, there is some other good news. On Predents.com, only one of the students that has been accepted has updated their profile to "attending", which probably means they are holding out on other schools.
your chance is better than good. many put their first deposits at USC because it's relatively cheap ($500) and they give you a lot of time to make your commitment on the second deposit of $1000. I think at least some will eventually turn down the offer just for the price tag alone.
Last edited:
Hey guys...if you're already accepted and committed to USC here is our FB webpage.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/USC-School-of-Dentistry-Class-of-2016/322737864422162
Could you create a fb group instead of just fb page? I think that could be more effective in meeting future classmates.
thx!
Any news or acceptances for those who had pre-dec interview?
Just wondering how people were notified for interviews. Got a letter today saying that I never replied. I don't remember getting anything from them
Can you send a link?EVERYONE WHO IS ACCEPTED FOR THE CLASS of 2016 SHOULD JOIN OUR FB GROUP : " USC School of Dentistry DDS Class of 2016 " !
SEE YOU GUYS THERE !!!! 🙂
I found out I think a bit over 2 weeks ago via email that I have been accepted. I am holding out for an offer from VCU (I'm from Virginia) but if that doesn't work out am having a tough time deciding between Midwestern - AZ and USC even though they are such different schools!!! Any advice anyone?
I just got that letter too! But I never got any interview invitation!Just wondering how people were notified for interviews. Got a letter today saying that I never replied. I don't remember getting anything from them
I just got that letter too! But I never got any interview invitation!
Call and ask. They are very sweet over the phone; however, it does seem a bit unpredictable this year - sending invite for people who haven't sent in the DAT and people who haven't paid the secondary fee - and now sending out this letter. 🙄
how likely is it for me to be accepted if I interviewed in November? I really want to go to USC..):
I called today and spoke to Ryan, I think. He said next wave would be around mid-Feb and that approximately 50% of the class is still left to fill.
Are any of you planning to withdraw your USC acceptances?
Any more news on more acceptances from USC yet?
Any more news on more acceptances from USC yet?
Should be soon..
I'm so confused. There's another thread and someone said that when they interviewed a few days back, they said the class was only 25% full but today I called and they said 50% full...I guess all we can do is wait.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I finally chose USC over Tufts and Maryland today.
Am so pumped to meet you all in LA !
Am so pumped to meet you all in LA !
-
What's going on with USC? If I recall correctly, I've heard that the next batch of offers will be sent out in February? Does anybody have any updated information regarding this?
Did they tell you how full the class is?
when did you interview ary?
I also was interviewed on Valentine's Day🙂.
When did you hear it's half full...when I called a couple weeks ago they said its not more than 30% I'm hoping it's not half full I really want to go to USC. I interviewed back in October that's why I'm so worried they forgot about me but I'm trying to stay positive and stay active with them.
I called and spoke with someone from admissions earlier today and they said round 3 acceptances should go out any day now! lets keep our fingers crossed....
when you guys call, do you guys call the number ending in 51 or 41? I always get very different answers to how full the class is ):
I am so scared, it's my top choice!
I am so scared, it's my top choice!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys I hope you all hear good news soon,
USC ranks their interviewees, so I don't think it matters whether you interviewed in October or February.
GOOD LUCK 🙂
USC ranks their interviewees, so I don't think it matters whether you interviewed in October or February.
GOOD LUCK 🙂
I interviewed on feb 14th as well.. haven't heard anything.. i don't think they have send out letters of acceptance to anyone from feb yet.. i called up some lady and she said she doesn't know... 🙁 boo
They say they don't know because often they cannot disclose that information for some unknown reason. I was informed at my interview that the next round of acceptances will be sent out on March 1st, which is today. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 361
- Views
- 82K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K