****The Official USC Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

I interviewed on 11/15 and got in on 01/13 :)
Look forward to meeting everyone in the Fall...

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed in October, accepted 1/13!
Anyone get an email from Certiphi? It looks spammy, but the USC email says we have 5 days to handle it.

I got an email from Certiphi, too. I followed the steps and released my results to USC this morning. I paid like $70 for the background check.

Interviewed in October, accepted 1/13!
Anyone get an email from Certiphi? It looks spammy, but the USC email says we have 5 days to handle it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from Certiphi, too. I followed the steps and released my results to USC this morning. I paid like $70 for the background check.

Ah, thanks for confirming. I was weary

If anyone could confirm this I'd appreciate it. I've been reading about some 'strange' billing practices on certiphi.

Mine was $150. by the way I was accepted on 12/01 and I completely neglected it cause I thought USC doesn't use the system. I hope they still take it.

EVERYONE WHO IS ACCEPTED FOR THE CLASS of 2016 SHOULD JOIN OUR FB GROUP : " USC School of Dentistry DDS Class of 2016 " !

SEE YOU GUYS THERE !!!! :)

having a hard time deciding btwn USC and BU. Why'd you pick USC?

Mine was $150. by the way I was accepted on 12/01 and I completely neglected it cause I thought USC doesn't use the system. I hope they still take it.
I already did Certiphi for another school and haven't received an email to do it again. Does anyone know if it is a one-time thing?

Interviewed 11/16. Got in 1/13. Made my deposit on the 17th. SO EXCITED!!!

Does any know why they decided to accept people on 1/13 for the second round when they usually do the second round in mid february? I am worried if the class is really 50% filled..did anyone else here this too that its 50% filled already?

I already did Certiphi for another school and haven't received an email to do it again. Does anyone know if it is a one-time thing?

yes you do it once for all the schools that participate in the service. But you might have to agree to release the information to the schools which you can choose to do automatically or manually.

Members don't see this ad :)
They wound up only charging me 67$. can't complain too much i suppose

They wound up only charging me 67$. can't complain too much i suppose

I was charged $109. I guess each case is different depending on the amount of work they put in the investigation.

That's good news. For those in my shoes, there is some other good news. On Predents.com, only one of the students that has been accepted has updated their profile to "attending", which probably means they are holding out on other schools.

That's good news. For those in my shoes, there is some other good news. On Predents.com, only one of the students that has been accepted has updated their profile to "attending", which probably means they are holding out on other schools.

your chance is better than good. many put their first deposits at USC because it's relatively cheap ($500) and they give you a lot of time to make your commitment on the second deposit of $1000. I think at least some will eventually turn down the offer just for the price tag alone.

Last edited:
Any news or acceptances for those who had pre-dec interview?

I got an acceptance just the other week I interviewed in November if I remember correctly. I will be declining it though.

Just wondering how people were notified for interviews. Got a letter today saying that I never replied. I don't remember getting anything from them

I found out I think a bit over 2 weeks ago via email that I have been accepted. I am holding out for an offer from VCU (I'm from Virginia) but if that doesn't work out am having a tough time deciding between Midwestern - AZ and USC even though they are such different schools!!! Any advice anyone?

Just wondering how people were notified for interviews. Got a letter today saying that I never replied. I don't remember getting anything from them
I just got that letter too! But I never got any interview invitation!

I just got that letter too! But I never got any interview invitation!

Call and ask. They are very sweet over the phone; however, it does seem a bit unpredictable this year - sending invite for people who haven't sent in the DAT and people who haven't paid the secondary fee - and now sending out this letter. :rolleyes:

how likely is it for me to be accepted if I interviewed in November? I really want to go to USC..):

I called today and spoke to Ryan, I think. He said next wave would be around mid-Feb and that approximately 50% of the class is still left to fill.

Are any of you planning to withdraw your USC acceptances?

Any more news on more acceptances from USC yet?

Any more news on more acceptances from USC yet?

Should be soon..

I'm so confused. There's another thread and someone said that when they interviewed a few days back, they said the class was only 25% full but today I called and they said 50% full...I guess all we can do is wait.

I finally chose USC over Tufts and Maryland today.

Am so pumped to meet you all in LA !

What's going on with USC? If I recall correctly, I've heard that the next batch of offers will be sent out in February? Does anybody have any updated information regarding this?

The second one was sent out on 1/13
and the third one will somewhere in march

is anyone familiar with all the post interview formalities/procedure before acceptance at USC?

In my interview day, they said they will give out the next batch of acceptance in late Feb.

They said, it is approximately half full.

I got my interview on Valentine day 2/14...still waiting from them..Anybody knows when is the next wave of acceptance going to be send out?

When did you hear it's half full...when I called a couple weeks ago they said its not more than 30% I'm hoping it's not half full I really want to go to USC. I interviewed back in October that's why I'm so worried they forgot about me but I'm trying to stay positive and stay active with them.

I heard on my interview day.

I called and spoke with someone from admissions earlier today and they said round 3 acceptances should go out any day now! lets keep our fingers crossed....

when you guys call, do you guys call the number ending in 51 or 41? I always get very different answers to how full the class is ):
I am so scared, it's my top choice!

Guys I hope you all hear good news soon,

USC ranks their interviewees, so I don't think it matters whether you interviewed in October or February.

GOOD LUCK :)

i really want to go to USC...it's my first choice..anybody decides not to go there please hurry up decline the acceptance so I can get a chance...thankkkkkkkkssssssss!!!! :-(

Has anyone heard anything yet?

I interviewed on feb 14th as well.. haven't heard anything.. i don't think they have send out letters of acceptance to anyone from feb yet.. i called up some lady and she said she doesn't know... :( boo

I interviewed on feb 14th as well.. haven't heard anything.. i don't think they have send out letters of acceptance to anyone from feb yet.. i called up some lady and she said she doesn't know... :( boo

They say they don't know because often they cannot disclose that information for some unknown reason. I was informed at my interview that the next round of acceptances will be sent out on March 1st, which is today. Correct me if I'm wrong.