**** The Official USC Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Hey congrats :thumbup: What were your stats if you don't mind sharing? Are you a CA resident?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got one too! Super excited but confuse/scare about the interview process. There will be a writing sample and interviews will be in groups using their case-learning system (according to interview feedbacks)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just received an interview invite this morning! So excited!

AA/TS/PAT: 22/22/24
oGPA 3.86

Does anyone know of any affordable/safe places to stay that are within walking distance to USC? They attached a file with hotel names but I was wondering if any past interviewees had luck with those places (Radisson, Vagabond, etc.).

Thanks!

Hi, me too, I just got an invitation for an interview. Does anyone know what is the chance of getting accepted after the interview? This is my first one so any advice would help a great deal. Thanks !:love:

Last year USC interviewed close to 650 people.Just to throw it out there, Class of 2016 avg stats were:

DAT AA-20 TS- 20 PAT-20
GPA: Overall 3.4 Science: 3.5

has anyone not gotten an interview yet and cannot get access to the USC DDS status page?

WHatuppppp TROJANS!

For those that have received an interview... Does your "portal page" still say:

"Application received/Under review"?

Hi,
No, I'm not a CA resident. My stats: GPA Science 3.9, GPA: 3.94, DAT AA : 20, PAT 20

Has USC only sent out one batch so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has activity stopped for USC?
I did notice that my USC portal status changed from application received/complete to under review.
Maybe we'll hear more this week?

My status finally changed to "interview." Thank goodness... I thought it was a fluke.

I think they have only given one batch of interviews... From what I have heard from them, there will be a total of 5 batches. Best of luck.

My status finally changed to "interview." Thank goodness... I thought it was a fluke.

I think they have only given one batch of interviews... From what I have heard from them, there will be a total of 5 batches. Best of luck.
wow! Congrats!!

Was it "under review" before it changed to "interview" ?

Congratulations! Did you recieve an email or phone call also?

Hey...

Sorry, I had posted earlier asking if anybody that had already received an interview from USC still had "received/under review" as their status.... Because mine never changed to "interview" (until today).

So, I actually received an email from them two weeks ago about an interview. If you're offered an interview, the email will come way before the change on your portal comes.

Best of luck! :xf:

Hey...

Sorry, I had posted earlier asking if anybody that had already received an interview from USC still had "received/under review" as their status.... Because mine never changed to "interview" (until today).

So, I actually received an email from them two weeks ago about an interview. If you're offered an interview, the email will come way before the change on your portal comes.

Best of luck! :xf:
Ohhh I see.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Good luck to you too!!

Mine finally changed from "received/under review" to "under review" after submitting my app and fee in mid July. It probably wasn't much of a difference that the status changed slightly, but maybe now it's really actually under review. Has this happened to anyone?

Mine finally changed from "received/under review" to "under review" after submitting my app and fee in mid July. It probably wasn't much of a difference that the status changed slightly, but maybe now it's really actually under review. Has this happened to anyone?

I've only recently added this school to my list (12th batch)... and I was not in the system. So I emailed them today, and now im in the system as "under review".

is anyone else getting this error when they try to check status:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e24'

Rowset does not support fetching backward.

/admissions/AddLogin.asp, line 98

I tried on safari, firefox, and chrome so i dont think its a browser issue

is anyone else getting this error when they try to check status:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e24'

Rowset does not support fetching backward.

/admissions/AddLogin.asp, line 98

I tried on safari, firefox, and chrome so i dont think its a browser issue

Nope, just checked portal and it was fine.

I am getting this error! Not sure what happened..

I can see mine has changed to "under review" as well...looks like now they started reviewing our files...

yea me too...thought i noticed something different.

I am pretty sure I scheduled my interview for the 16th, but cant be sure considering USC sent no confirmation email. Does anyone know if they send out a reminder email or anything close to the interview date.

I am pretty sure I scheduled my interview for the 16th, but cant be sure considering USC sent no confirmation email. Does anyone know if they send out a reminder email or anything close to the interview date.
I do not think so.

Anyone has any update? do you think USC will have another batch of interviews soon?

USC Interview Invitation.
notification date: 10/15
They have pre-NOVEMBER interviews still! You guys still have very very very good chances

USC Interview Invitation.
notification date: 10/15
They have pre-NOVEMBER interviews still! You guys still have very very very good chances

which batch were you in? were you in state or out of state?

USC!!!! october 30th.

i will be going to universal studios on the 29th, anyone care to join me? or hang out?

Interview today! Batch two/OOS. Super excited! Anyone else interviewing on 11/1? :)

seems like all the invites today were OOS?

How did it go? It's my turn on Tuesday, not sure how I should prepare.
It was pretty laid back and chill. Everyone is super nice and they give you a clear view of how PBL works. Just stay calm and contribute in the conversations and you should be fine!

Hey I got email today and I called them and make appointment on 11/6 Tue.
I have question about the interview. I havent got been updated online (still under review) is it gonna be changed soon ? I am super excited but I am wondering...

Also, inviting interview means that My academic stat is now ignored? And just competing with interview skill? Or my academic stat is still condered..? I dont have good stat and I am nervous that even though I do well on interview , I still have chance to be rejected not because of interview skill but my academic stat..

And what do I need to prepare for the interview? i know USC have different style of interview.

Thanks

I cant wait !!!!!!!!

Hey I got email today and I called them and make appointment on 11/6 Tue.
I have question about the interview. I havent got been updated online (still under review) is it gonna be changed soon ? I am super excited but I am wondering...

Also, inviting interview means that My academic stat is now ignored? And just competing with interview skill? Or my academic stat is still condered..? I dont have good stat and I am nervous that even though I do well on interview , I still have chance to be rejected not because of interview skill but my academic stat..

And what do I need to prepare for the interview? i know USC have different style of interview.

Thanks

I cant wait !!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! Which batch where you in?? What do you mean you dont have good stats?! Your GPA's are very competitive!

My DAT is low and I dont know what batch I am. I press the submit button around June but I took DAT end of Aug so I assumed I am very late applicant.

I am really happy for that I got an interview but I am very very nervous that they might consider my dat score even though I did well on interview. I hope that all interviewees only compete with interview skill from now on....

I had email said that I am invited to an interview but the online system still syas under review .. What is wrong ??

Also

Anyone knows where I can find about PBL interview system? I want to know and study about it

Hoping to get an invite sometime this week. Any international students have invites???

Lol. Seems like I'll be seeing you again , aznboi89x, at usc. I scheduled for the 30th too.