***The Official USC Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by rladbwjdtl
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Regarding PBL, how are you exactly graded in PBL? I know you have a triple jump exam but do the PBL instructors grade you as well during your group sessions (grade individually? As a group)? Is grading lenient and is PBL a big portion of your overall trimester grades?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I am interviewing the 2/4~

To those who have already interviewed/been accepted; did they emphasize the essay component of the interview day? When I interviewed at Pitt, they said the essay was not a deciding factor and they just wanted to make sure you can write legibly.

I am an OOS but does anyone know the acceptance rate for USC? It's private + pretty expensive so I'm sure they accept more than their class size (probably more movement, too).
 
Thank you so much sjv
On the package that they emailed me they didnot mention that as well as random question!!!! Do you have any idea about acceptance rate ??
Again thanks and best luck .
 
I withdrew my application and interview for USC today, good luck on whoever are still in the process =)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ILLchif,
How was ur interview? Did u have essay and random question or just group project ?
Thanks
 
Hi ILLchif,
How was ur interview? Did u have essay and random question or just group project ?
Thanks

Gorge,

You really don't have to worry about the interview. As long as you can be sociable and interesting you will be fine. Essay question is a simple question that can be written at most 2-3 paragraphs. I had a question on describe my best friend. Again, these questions are random so you most likely will not get similar ones as I have. As you know USC's curriculum is based on a case based learning style, which you will be introduced at the interview day. It was my first time with the new learning style, and I had to say, it was fun and I loved it!

So Gorge, relax, be yourself, don't be quiet, and just have fun at USC. You were invited for a reason, show them that reason! 🙂 Goodluck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I also interviewed the same day as you, but I haven't heard back 🙁 Did you get the post-interview candidate email as well?
Yeah I received that same thing and emailed the form over to them within the hour yesterday. Good luck! You got this
 
Got an acceptance email today! I couldnt believe my eyes. Interviewed Feb. 11th. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting, and congrats to those accepted.

FIGHT ON! 😉
 
I don't get on here much, but I'd like to join you guys in cheering everyone on! Got accepted today as well! Interviewed Jan. 14th. Congrats and hang in there for those still waiting!
 
Last edited:
Received an interview invite yesterday and made it for Tuesday Feb. 25! Can't wait!!…Does anyone know how many spots are still available? Also, they gave me a choice of interview dates all the way to March 18.
 
If you've been accepted and have 2 prerequisites remaining, can admissions waive these classes?

I doubt it, maybe they can work something out with you if you call them.

http://dentistry.usc.edu/programs/dds/admission/ said:
Prerequisite coursework must be completed before an applicant begins the DDS program.

  • General biology and lab (1 year‡)
  • General physics and lab (1 year)
  • Inorganic/general chemistry and lab (1 year)
  • Organic chemistry and lab (1 year)
  • English composition (1 year**)
  • Philosophy, history or fine arts (1 year**)
  • **This requirement is waived if the applicant has received a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
 
If you've been accepted and have 2 prerequisites remaining, can admissions waive these classes?
They are accepting you presuming you will have the prereqs completed. As an applicant, it's your responsibility to complete what is required... Better start looking.
 
Hi everyone!

I just confirmed my interview for March 5th! I'm nervous/excited...Anyone else interviewing that day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a quick question to those who turned in their first installment.

Did anyone pay using a credit card by calling admissions? If you did, do you still have to turn in (mail or fax) the applicant certification form?

Just wanted to make sure. THANKS
 
They are accepting you presuming you will have the prereqs completed. As an applicant, it's your responsibility to complete what is required... Better start looking.

ILLchief is right, you are expected to have all the prereqs done before you start their program. USC can rescind your acceptance if you don't complete the required coursework.
 
How do you know do you work for admissions?
lol really? maybe if you pay attention to detail and read your interview/acceptance emails then you would know this. but here you go....
1. Regarding pre-dental prerequisites or courses in progress: It is the responsibility of accepted students to meet all prerequisites which are currently incomplete and to provide verification of completion prior to August, 2014. No pre-dental prerequisites will be waived.

does this answer your question? so yeah good luck there bud